It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2015 IHSA Football
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My mom went to Naz, obviously they weren't winning any titles in football back then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
My mom went to Naz, obviously they weren't winning any titles in football back then.

Things have changed. Now, on the other hand, Division 5A can truly be said to be messing with a son of a bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Phillips has been ridiculously good tonight. They are just dominating this game in every phase and doing it with a stone cold " we've been here before" demeanor....even though they have only been there and lost. Classy as can be.

Bishop Mac can suck balls.....they were up 43 with 5 left doing a damn lateral drill on the kickoff return and one of their players got ejected on that return for blindside blowing up the opponent for absolutely no reason. Classless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Lousy games today. All blowouts. Hoping for close games tomorrow.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:53 pm 

Until they fix the seeding, north/ south brackets and separate the private schools there will be shitty blowout games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Doesnt really matter for 1A to 4A for seeding. All small schools out west anyway, with the Catholics/Privates having a multiplier. 5A and 6A might be worth seeding, but the IHSA does seed 1-32 in 7 and 8 now.

Really hope LVille wins tomorrow. Would love to see Montini lose.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Doesnt really matter for 1A to 4A for seeding. All small schools out west anyway, with the Catholics/Privates having a multiplier. 5A and 6A might be worth seeding, but the IHSA does seed 1-32 in 7 and 8 now.

Really hope LVille wins tomorrow. Would love to see Montini lose.

Ditto on both counts.

Montini would have lost last week but the 9 inches of snow saved them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 am 

I still don't see how having multipliers and then the promotion to the next higher class after winning multiple championships is easier than just having 6 classes for public schools and 2 for private/catholic schools. I can only hope Montini suffers the same fate as Driscoll....otherwise they are going to win a title every single year forever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, you have 228 students all Sterling Newman Catholic, 734 at Marian Central, and 2,072 students at Loyola Academy. How do you split those teams into two classes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:26 pm 

SNC in the low class and the other 2 in the higher class. Take the top 32 in enrollment and put them in the high class and take the bottom 32 and put them in the low class.

Enrollment doesn't correlate the same as it does with public schools though when you are cherry picking your team. Lets take Aurora Christian for example. They had an enrollment that would put them in class 1A or 2A and yet they were cherry picking players from all over the place, had numerous D1 players and probably could have won in virtually any class a few years ago. I want to say they played 4,5,6,7A teams those years and beat most of them.

Last edited by Urlacher's missing neck on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:30 pm 

And were off and running with another blowout. Damn.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:34 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
And were off and running with another blowout. Damn.

They were touting this game as one that would be really close and Nazarath has just dismantled them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Naz beat the piss out of my Vikings also I think.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think you would find that the larger enrollment schools would dominate the two classes. It would be more of the same.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:51 pm 

JC beat Naz in the regular season but got smoked in the playoffs.

The QB Bartels is going to Heartland to play baseball. He's a nice little player. Plays 2B and moves to short when the Sod Fathers kid pitches.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Marian beat Naz 34-19, but got smoked by JC in the regular and post season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Well, you have 228 students all Sterling Newman Catholic, 734 at Marian Central, and 2,072 students at Loyola Academy. How do you split those teams into two classes?

So the Catholic high school I went too (Ottawa Marquette) should be penalized because catholic schools win all the state titles. Marquette hasn't played for a state title in football since 1984.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
It's a GREAT day to be a Rambler !!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:47 pm 

I've never had a problem with IHSA classifications. They are what they are. As a former city school athlete, you wanted to beat the best. If the other team had magnificent facilities, beautiful equipment, countless fans/coaches and parents beat you, you just knew it took a village (you didn't have) and gave you something to respect and motivate you.

But I'm damned happy with Phillips. I was impressed by the work those kids & their coaches started putting in 3-4 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:00 pm 

I am fine with some smaller private schools suffering. They have the ability to go and recruit and become elite. The 5A and 6A classes public schools have been suffering for years. Lets take DeKalb for example....they were a dogshit program for decades and they actually were pretty solid this year....until they met the cherry picked juggernaut Montini. Montini will select their elite squad from a 40 mile radius and be elite every year. DeKalb may be crap for the next 2 decades and they didn't even stand a chance this year.

You can recruit from anywhere (hell.....Aurora Christian was importing NFL player's sons from 1000 miles away).

Its oranges and golden apples in the same brackets and I think it sucks for the teams that lose to cherry picking powerhouses like Montini.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:43 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I've never had a problem with IHSA classifications. They are what they are. As a former city school athlete, you wanted to beat the best. If the other team had magnificent facilities, beautiful equipment, countless fans/coaches and parents beat you, you just knew it took a village (you didn't have) and gave you something to respect and motivate you.

But I'm damned happy with Phillips. I was impressed by the work those kids & their coaches started putting in 3-4 years ago.

I can remember watching them practice at Ellis Park. There would be about 50-60 kids practicing in 90 Temps. Phillips enrollment is only about 400-500. They have truly accomplished something pretty remarkable. I attended the game against Simeon earlier this yr. They have a real program over there and they are sending kids to college that would not ordinarily have a chance. That's something pretty special.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
They have a real program over there and they are sending kids to college that would not ordinarily have a chance. That's something pretty special.

That is the cool thing about it all.

Watched an interview with their HC. He seems like a real good dude doing great things there.

Impressive

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
They have a real program over there and they are sending kids to college that would not ordinarily have a chance. That's something pretty special.

That is the cool thing about it all.

Watched an interview with their HC. He seems like a real good dude doing great things there.

Impressive

The word about 2 or 3 yrs ago was that he was going to leave for a job in the suburbs. He was unable to leave for whatever reason and the rest is history.

My 1991 graduating class was scheduled to be the last of the graduating classes. They were going to close the school at the end of that yr. A number of notable people stepped up and fought to keep the school open. From Lu Palmer to Dempsey Travis, they all came out to keep the school open.

Our principal Ms. Tucker asked us to scour the neighborhood and let all the people that'd dropped out know that if they returned to school they would be allowed to receive credits for simply re- enrolling. She was a die- hard activist for that school. Her concern was authentic too. She was a Phillips lifer. Graduated from the school and her entire career was spent at the school. She also lived 3 blocks away from the school.

There is really a lot of history in that place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I am fine with some smaller private schools suffering. They have the ability to go and recruit and become elite. The 5A and 6A classes public schools have been suffering for years. Lets take DeKalb for example....they were a dogshit program for decades and they actually were pretty solid this year....until they met the cherry picked juggernaut Montini. Montini will select their elite squad from a 40 mile radius and be elite every year. DeKalb may be crap for the next 2 decades and they didn't even stand a chance this year.

You can recruit from anywhere (hell.....Aurora Christian was importing NFL player's sons from 1000 miles away).

Its oranges and golden apples in the same brackets and I think it sucks for the teams that lose to cherry picking powerhouses like Montini.

IIRC Montini just lucked out by being the closest school to Driscoll when it closed. I thought Driscoll was the real powerhouse and they they had the whole network fall in their lap. IC and a few others got the table scraps.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:39 pm 

So, 7A was the only competitive game. Several had running clocks and private schools dominated. I think Phillips can draw from all over the city as well. Your marquee game was a 41-0 blowout. And Hub Arkush was doing color commentary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:25 am 

I heard Hub. In the Glenbard West-Libertyville game he concluded that every game has a winner and a loser.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:33 am 

DannyB wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

IIRC Montini just lucked out by being the closest school to Driscoll when it closed. I thought Driscoll was the real powerhouse and they they had the whole network fall in their lap. IC and a few others got the table scraps.

That is exactly what I think happened. Driscoll had won 4 or so championships in a row and then they closed. My guys at Kaneland won 2 state titles right after that and then the brackets changed and the Montini monster showed up. I feel like they have lost at least 1 if not 2 championships because of them. They damn near beat them during westerkamps sr year in the semi's. That is saying something. It was a multiple overtime game...

at least Montini has to be bumped to 7A next year.. Have fun dealing with the shit you have been avoiding Batavia and Geneva!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 am 

DannyB wrote:
I heard Hub. In the Glenbard West-Libertyville game he concluded that every game has a winner and a loser.

I'm a long time Hub fan, but he was brutal as the IHSA color Man. Why didnt long time IHSA color Man Jack McInerney do the games?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:37 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
DannyB wrote:

I'm a long time Hub fan, but he was brutal as the IHSA color Man. Why didnt long time IHSA color Man Jack McInerney do the games?

Looks like they relegated him to the 1A & 2A games (how bout that Arcola, in the finals again). They brought the heavy lumber in for the big games--Rodewald and Hub.

http://www.csnchicago.com/article/csn-c ... -27-and-28

"Smiles with Nostrils"