It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
Regular Reader wrote:
[ But as a sometime meatball who doesn't need to continually jump up and down in my seat, I've never experienced that reaction at a game there. .


Image

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25407
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
If they pull this win off against Purdue,the NU Wildcats have to be the worst 8-2 team I ever watched.
From the bizarre coaching calls to the inconsistent offense. The Defense has been pretty good except for those 2 blowouts of course.

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15482
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
that is going to be a bad looking prediction around Jan 1.





Washington State had em n choked it away, Cal is not that good but ND should handle em.. Lookin like they will have 3 losses.. Its going to be close.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm
Posts: 2177
pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
I went to grad school at Northwestern and then was on faculty there for a couple of years, was there just when they came out of the 0-40ish era. I can't get worked up about them, although the fact that I generally don't care for hillbilly "hey jimbob, look at that black boy run..." college football doesn't help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I went to grad school at Northwestern and then was on faculty there for a couple of years, was there just when they came out of the 0-40ish era. I can't get worked up about them, although the fact that I generally don't care for hillbilly "hey jimbob, look at that black boy run..." college football doesn't help.


I believe the joke ends "look at that Eye-talian run".

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
jimmypasta wrote:
If they pull this win off against Purdue,the NU Wildcats have to be the worst 8-2 team I ever watched.
From the bizarre coaching calls to the inconsistent offense. The Defense has been pretty good except for those 2 blowouts of course.


The peaked in September. It's funny to look at an 8-2 NU team and be upset about the quality of those wins.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
that is going to be a bad looking prediction around Jan 1.




Maybe.. But I see UCLA and Washington beating them.. I also see ND and either Cal or Oregon as possible losses..4 losses ain't top 25.

312...GD and I win this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
I thought the Duke win would look better.

NU beat 4 teams that are bowl bound which isn't that impressive (only 1 in the top 25). Their two losses are both to major bowl bound teams, so they have no bad losses (although getting destroyed by those teams is not good).

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15482
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Yes, I was wrong.. I still feel Stanford is not good.. This is a very strange year in football. I'm not sure if any team is great.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
312player wrote:
Yes, I was wrong

:D

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
312player wrote:
Yes, I was wrong.. I still feel Stanford is not good.. This is a very strange year in football. I'm not sure if any team is great.


Don't double down on that. It's well and good what you think but we are sitting here at the end of the season with them in the top 10.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
I think they will end up playing on NYD which livens up the games, at least locally. Get an early set of games with NU as the focus then the Rose midday with Ohio State.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15482
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:
Yes, I was wrong.. I still feel Stanford is not good.. This is a very strange year in football. I'm not sure if any team is great.


Don't double down on that. It's well and good what you think but we are sitting here at the end of the season with them in the top 10.






You don't think this is a down year? I'm not just singling out Stanford.. The entire top 20 is kinda weak.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:
Yes, I was wrong.. I still feel Stanford is not good.. This is a very strange year in football. I'm not sure if any team is great.


Don't double down on that. It's well and good what you think but we are sitting here at the end of the season with them in the top 10.






You don't think this is a down year? I'm not just singling out Stanford.. The entire top 20 is kinda weak.

No different than any other year during this era of college football, don't think you are going to see a lot of dominating teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
Poor 312player


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group