It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IHSA basketball schedule
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Anyone know where I can find one? I'm specifically looking for games in the Chicago area on Monday, February 8.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:28 pm 

This link usually updated late Sunday night for the upcoming week. Usually not many games on Mondays. Tuesdays and Fridays have the most games. If you have someone specific I can probably find it online unless it involves CPS.

http://suntimeshighschoolsports.com/201 ... -schedule/

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

conns7901 wrote:
This link usually updated late Sunday night for the upcoming week. Usually not many games on Mondays. Tuesdays and Fridays have the most games. If you have someone specific I can probably find it online unless it involves CPS.

Thanks! I found that site but I wasn't sure how good they were about updating it. I'm hanging out with a friend's sixteen year old kid from out of town tomorrow night and I'm trying to find something to do with him. I don't think they are any local college games and the Bulls and Hawks aren't playing here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Thanks! I found that site but I wasn't sure how good they were about updating it. I'm hanging out with a friend's sixteen year old kid from out of town tomorrow night and I'm trying to find something to do with him. I don't think they are any local college games and the Bulls and Hawks aren't playing here.

I'm sure that one of these two games will be a barn burner:

Trinity (Kankakee) at Donovan

IMSA at Leland-Earlville, 7:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:31 am 
Site Admin

The Ida Crown game is perfect. I'm just not sure where the gym is. I know the school moved to Skokie not long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:35 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Ida Crown game is perfect. I'm just not sure where the gym is. I know the school moved to Skokie not long ago.

My brother used to play in a league with Ida Crown.

I'd stick with the Donovan game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:47 am 

Unfortunately South Suburban JC is not playing until tomorrow night - but they are like #2 in the country right now. Kid that was a year ahead of me in HS is coaching there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Address: 8233 Central Park Ave, Skokie, IL 60076

You need me to drive too?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Address: 8233 Central Park Ave, Skokie, IL 60076

You need me to drive too?

:lol: Thanks, Seacrest. I know where the new school is. I used to own a building right down the street at 8100 Central Park. I sold it to an Indian food company.

What I'm not sure about is whether they have a gym there or if they still play over on Pratt or in somebody else's gym. Teams don't always play home games at "home". (See the Battle of Vincennes.)

By the way, Ida Crown has had some pretty tough players over the years. I can remember when I was just out of high school and we were playing pick-up at Central Park in Skokie. There were a bunch of good players there. Some guys who had played for ETHS. These four Ida Crown boys showed up looking all goofy in their little yarmulkes and proceeded to hold the court for hours. The way they moved the ball was like something from another world.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Brand new gym at Central Park and Main. This may have even been Crown's first game there. I couldn't tell for sure. It was senior night and the introductions were long. There were playing a team from Gresham called Ellison. Man, there are so many new schools, charters, magnets, etc. I remember a time when I knew every school in the city. I never heard of Ellison before.

The Ellison varsity was undermanned, only eight guys. The starting point guard looked like he was seven years old. He was quick as hell though. I don't think either of these teams is very strong. The shooting on both sides was pretty awful. At one point I thought the final score would end up in the 30s. Then Ellison brought in this guy that looked like a linebacker, number 35. We couldn't figure out why he didn't start or play much in the first half. But he started going to basket and nobody was very keen on getting in his way.

At one point an old Evanston guy I know, Stacey Moragne, walked in and sat down with some older Jewish guys. They were having a bunch of good hoops conversations. Of course, Everette Stephens came up. Moragne knew his kid plays for Purdue but none of them knew the kid's first name. I think it's Kendall, but I wasn't sure so I kept my mouth shut. They talked about the '84 championship. Of course, everyone talks about Ben Wilson, but nobody ever remembers it was the other guy who went wild. Bankston?

My friend's kid who I was with is a 6'7" power forward from an East Coast prep school. I don't think he's very good, but he's big, strong, and he understands the game. He pointed out that his team runs a much more complicated offense than either of these two. He thought his team would whip both of them, but I can't be sure he knows what he's talking about. During the introductions the Crown coach talked about one of his players who "always gives 110 percent". I asked my guy if he always gives 110 percent. He laughed and shook his head. Hey, I guess it's good to know who you are. But I can see why he drives his mom crazy. :lol:

Ellison built a six point lead with two minutes left, but they were still rushing the ball up court for some reason. There didn't seem to be much effort to kill the clock. Then they made some bad fouls and the next thing you know the game was tied. There were a couple mad scrambles for loose balls and Ellison came up with it with 6 seconds left. A kid dribbled in and hit a tough shot with an Ida Crown defender all over him and no time on the clock. 44-42 Ellison. A damn entertaining game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:38 am 
Site Admin

G.O.P. wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Fuck basketball. Take him skiing up at Wilmot or Devil's Head, or see if local runs in Lisle and Bartlett have enough powder.

Are you serious, guy? This is a kid that has skied double blacks in the Alps.