It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bed Frame and Mattress
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Enzo's End, Denver CO
EDIT: ok folks I realize this is a weird place to post about this, to be frank I had no idea this website was mainly oriented toward sports, it was the first thing to come up when I looked up furniture message boards and I assumed that it just had a lot of sports stuff because that's an important part of chicago culture. anyway, here's a post about a bed I don't want anymore.

Hey folks! I graduated Roosevelt in 2022 and am finally back to empty out my storage, only things that won't fit in my rental are A 2 person mattress and electronic bedframe. The mattress has some pet stains that were cleaned by hand, but the bed frame is in excellent condition and can be used with any similar sized mattress to provide an adjustable slant for the upper body, originally bought to help with acid reflux but a useful feature either way! I am in town for as long as it takes to find someone who can come get the bedframe and help me toss the mattress (or I guess keep it if you aren't squeamish.) you'd need to come into the south loop to pick it up, can't deliver.

After a day or so I'll probably just call gotjunk or some similar service so I can get out on the road, but I'm trying to find someone who can use the thing myself for at least a bit first, nice to see the city again.

Reach out here if you're interested!

Edit: wow, some of y'all are real imaginative! I thought this was a forum for posting stuff you're trying to get rid of, not writing horror fiction. Anyway this is a very real post and all you would have to do is come to an extraspace storage unit in broad daylight! Hope that helps put some folks at ease

Last edited by Hdurso on Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Anybody pursuing this will wake up without a kidney or their virtue, plausibly both.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:39 am 

Is the college named after Teddy or Franklin?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Good use of narrative detail to disarm your audience into believing you aren't a homicidal sociopath. Did you workshop that in your prison writing group?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:

Or Colvin?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I'm interested. Where is this gently used mattress?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:47 am 

Interesting trades considered?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:58 am 

Brick wrote:

It is named for both Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, actually! As a couple they both devoted a great deal of time and resources to its founding. Teddy Roosevelt would also have been a pretty cool person to name the school after, but he was doin other stuff instead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:02 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Good use of narrative detail to disarm your audience into believing you aren't a homicidal sociopath. Did you workshop that in your prison writing group?

I appreciate the note!! I just wrote it from a hotel room actually, but I definitely leaned on the fundamentals that they taught in the prison group for that narrative flow, it was tough writing with my feet but they just wouldn't take that darn straitjacket off

(For the record, I'm kidding.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:05 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Anybody pursuing this will wake up without a kidney or their virtue, plausibly both.

Buddy I'm gonna tell ya right now, I am way too tired from driving to harvest your organs or your dubious virtue, and have no interest in adding kidney coolers to the stuff I'm hauling back to Denver. But I admire your caution, I guess?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Douchebag wrote:
Interesting trades considered?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Hdurso wrote:
Hey folks! I graduated Roosevelt in 2022 and am finally back to empty out my storage, only things that won't fit in my rental are A 2 person mattress and electronic bedframe. The mattress has some pet stains that were cleaned by hand, but the bed frame is in excellent condition and can be used with any similar sized mattress to provide an adjustable slant for the upper body, originally bought to help with acid reflux but a useful feature either way! I am in town for as long as it takes to find someone who can come get the bedframe and help me toss the mattress (or I guess keep it if you aren't squeamish.) you'd need to come into the south loop to pick it up, can't deliver.

After a day or so I'll probably just call gotjunk or some similar service so I can get out on the road, but I'm trying to find someone who can use the thing myself for at least a bit first, nice to see the city again.

Edit: wow, some of y'all are real imaginative! I thought this was a forum for posting stuff you're trying to get rid of, not writing horror fiction. Anyway this is a very real post and all you would have to do is come to an extraspace storage unit in broad daylight! Hope that helps put some folks at ease

To be clear, you are trying to sell a mattress that your dog shit all over?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hdurso wrote:

To be clear, you are trying to sell a mattress that your dog shit all over?

I'm glad you're asking for clarification! No, as a matter of fact, I am offering a bed frame in good condition and accepting either offers or just someone who thinks they can use the thing to take it off my hands. In the message I fairly clearly state that I plan to throw the mattress away (as it has faded PEE stains that were spot cleaned) unless someone wanted to take it, for FREE.

To be clear.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hdurso wrote:

I always seek out obscure sports message boards to use when I want to give stuff away instead of posting on social media groups or websites specifically designed for that purpose.

When you are looking for cooking advice, do you by any chance post in discussion forums about women's shoes?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:18 pm 

Hdurso wrote:
Brick wrote:

It is named for both Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, actually! As a couple they both devoted a great deal of time and resources to its founding. Teddy Roosevelt would also have been a pretty cool person to name the school after, but he was doin other stuff instead.

That's pretty cool. Did you get a free puppy when you enrolled?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Hdurso wrote:
Brick wrote:

Bernie wasn't president.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hdurso wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yeah, like being nuts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Hdurso wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yeah, like being nuts!

He could take a shot. Lincoln couldn't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Hdurso wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yeah, like being nuts!

He could take a shot. Lincoln couldn't.

For sure. They didn't even bother removing the bullet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:51 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hdurso wrote:

I always seek out obscure sports message boards to use when I want to give stuff away instead of posting on social media groups or websites specifically designed for that purpose.

When you are looking for cooking advice, do you by any chance post in discussion forums about women's shoes?

I'm gonna level with you, I googled "Chicago furniture message board", clicked the first link, and scrolled to the thing that said buy/sell, I barely even registered all the sports stuff, and I don't really know why this is where I ended up. have a lovely day

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:52 pm 

Brick wrote:
Hdurso wrote:
Brick wrote:

I actually did not, sadly!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:01 pm 

Selling any Caller Bobs?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hdurso wrote:

are the mattress and bed frame DiCaro rated? Asking for another poster