It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There was a $100 cover to get into Cubby Bear on Saturday.

And I'm sure there was a long line of idiots willing to pay it.

Why are they idiots? If you have the money and wish to be there, more power to you.

I'm considering it for Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why are they idiots? If you have the money and wish to be there, more power to you.

They are idiots because if they have that sort of "F you" money to spend on a cover charge, then they should spend a little more to get a ticket to the game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Spending $100 is a little different than spending $1000.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I would say if you want to spend a hundo to be among other fans in proximity to the ballpark, go for it. My issue isn't with the fan it's with the price-gouging motherfuckers who own the bars.

When the Cubs win the World Series everything is likely to change. It's no longer going to be this cute place to see a cute team and hope. When they're no good- and I guarantee there will be plenty of seasons when they're no good- that park probably won't be packed the way it was before this happened. How thrilling is it to watch a loss to the Cardinals after you've been to the mountain top?

At that point I'd remember which scumbags jammed it to the fans when they had the chance and avoid those bars like the plague.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:54 am 

These bars are stealing the Cubs product! They should be giving 50% of that money directly to Papa Ricketts!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
These bars are stealing the Cubs product! They should be giving 50% of that money directly to Papa Ricketts!

Who can then pass it on to Donald Trump!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I would say if you want to spend a hundo to be among other fans in proximity to the ballpark, go for it. My issue isn't with the fan it's with the price-gouging motherfuckers who own the bars.
This. I called it insanity a couple days ago, but of course I was just a Sox fan trolling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:12 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

They are idiots because if they have that sort of "F you" money to spend on a cover charge, then they should spend a little more to get a ticket to the game.

First, $100 isn't "F U money."

Second, standing room tickets are $2,500. Think there's a bit of a difference there?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

When the Cubs win the World Series everything is likely to change. It's no longer going to be this cute place to see a cute team and hope. When they're no good- and I guarantee there will be plenty of seasons when they're no good- that park probably won't be packed the way it was before this happened. How thrilling is it to watch a loss to the Cardinals after you've been to the mountain top?

At that point I'd remember which scumbags jammed it to the fans when they had the chance and avoid those bars like the plague.

I am not sure if it will be exactly like it as far as the change but one simply needs to look at the Red Sox to see what happens when the drought is over.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:16 am 

pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I am not sure if it will be exactly like it as far as the change but one simply needs to look at the Red Sox to see what happens when the drought is over.
Oh no, they are going to get MORE obnoxious?

If the Cubs win the World Series I either need to quit this board or hang myself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If the Cubs win the World Series I either need to quit this board or hang myself.

I mean that someone has to look up and see if Boston and the area around the park experienced any drop off after the first WS.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Second, standing room tickets are $2,500. Think there's a bit of a difference there?

I said $1000. I was $1500 off.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Dear God,

I've never asked for much, so let this be my first and only request...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Dear God,

I've never asked for much, so let this be my first and only request...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
There are MANY places to watch without the absurd cover, lines or ass to elbow capacity.

John's

The home of Douchebag's favorite bartender.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Theo has said he believes in changing jobs after 10 years.

I know it is popular right now to hold Ricketts up as some great executive but pre Theo, that guy was universally considered a stumbling boob in this town.

However, there will be no retribution against the current bar owners. The Cubs are as predatory as Wal Mart with local businesses. They will be own the area surrounding Wrigley within 10 years and Disneyland will be complete.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The willow survives through all storms

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

for some of us it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:49 am 

City of Fools wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

for some of us it is.

I would have a difficult time paying $100 cover to get into a shithole bar even if I was a millionaire.

You could run over to Tai's til 4 or some other bar on Ashland or Southport, get in for free and watch the game with Cub fans while still being close enough to join in the jerkoff fest after the last pitch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

I might pay $100 to watch a game with Mike Leach.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Bad move. He'll lock you in a dark closet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
good dolphin wrote:
I would have a difficult time paying $100 cover to get into a shithole bar even if I was a millionaire.

You could run over to Tai's til 4 or some other bar on Ashland or Southport, get in for free and watch the game with Cub fans while still being close enough to join in the jerkoff fest after the last pitch.

Yeah, I agree with this. A lot of places you can go less than a mile from Ground Zero. If you're not going into the park, the value of going to Cubby Bear or Sports Corner is greatly diminished.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Kirkwood wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Bad move. He'll lock you in a dark closet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 am 

LP will offer same atmosphere and clientele if the "scene" is what you crave. MANY bars are essentially clones of Clark St shitshow.

A nearby relaxing bar with GOOD beer and normal people that may escape the zoo is Green Eyed Lady. The Pony should draw the bros and leave this place unscathed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I'm in for Friday. No cover charge happiness, though.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:08 am 

RAIDERS!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:12 am 

I don't think I'd want to spend three hours surrounded by people willing to pay that cover charge. That is just begging for the Big 10 frat/sorority circuit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Wherever you go I'm hoping the cover is LITERALLY an arm and a leg, bucko!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:36 am 

MANY friends who live out-of-town are flying in next weekend. So not only will you be dealing with a T-Box/St. Patrick crowd but add another wave of pilgrims.

Gonna be absurd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next