It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I was just curious if anyone has done this before. There are a number of card and autograph shows in Rosemont in 2017 and it would appear I can actually
just bring my items there to have them graded and authenticated. The only reason I want to do this is so that I have some documentation and proof of what
I have in case something were to happen to me and to have an idea of what certain items are worth. Based on how much it costs to have the process completed
it would appear that I am only going to want to have things evaluated if they are worth more than a few hundred bucks. I only have about 6 items that currently
qualify. I am leery about mailing any items to them so doing it in person makes more sense to me. Thanks in advance if you can shed any light on this for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I haven't done it but from what I have researched you can do just what you described. And of course, only do it for items that project at a high value.

Are we talking cards or signed memorabilia?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Send them all to that guy in Pawn Stars who carries a giant brief case that holds his magnifying glass.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
That guy used to have a space in the Stardust. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Send them all to that guy in Pawn Stars who carries a giant brief case that holds his magnifying glass.

Yeah, he works for PSA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:03 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I haven't done it but from what I have researched you can do just what you described. And of course, only do it for items that project at a high value.

Are we talking cards or signed memorabilia?

I have the following items I am considering bringing:

2 team signed baseballs with Ted Williams signatures on them ( I need to try to figure out what years based on teammates on the balls )

A Chicago Bulls baseball cap that has a Michael Jordan autograph covering the bill in Sharpie.

Signed picture of Muhammad Ali standing over the Beatles

A padded Cubs metal foldout chair with Ernie Banks signature on the back pad

I have a bunch of other signed items but nothing that I think is actually worth much of anything. I know the Ted Williams balls have some value but
I need to have them authenticated. My grandfather picked them up at a garage sale decades ago and I am not sure the people selling them knew
what they had but I am pretty sure my grandfather did. The Jordan signature I got from my ex-mother in law for Xmas 20 years ago and she got it
from a memorabilia shop. Bought the Ali picture online in the late 90s and I am skeptical of its authenticity. Great picture either way. I doubt I would
spend the money to check on the Banks chair. I have "certificates of authenticity" on everything but the baseballs but those are worth less than the
paper they are printed on. At least with a PSA thing I would have solid proof. I think it is at least $100 to get each item authenticated so that is part
of my dilemma.