It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I know this is a longshot but I'm looking to get rid of two for this Sunday. They're really good seats, $175 face. I'd take $250 for the pair.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Good luck with that. Lucky to have sold mine on Monday before people figured out it was going to be historically cold

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Donate to charity and write off.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Write it off what?

You can get noosebleed Redskins tickets on Christmas Eve for $24. I've paid more than that for Sox tickets :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:26 am 
Site Admin

billypootons wrote:
Good luck with that. Lucky to have sold mine on Monday before people figured out it was going to be historically cold

Yeah, I may end up going myself. I thought it was supposed to warm up a little as snow came in. Bears and Packers in the snow? Isn't that what's it's supposed to be about? I keep forgetting that the NFL is a television program.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Yeah, I may end up going myself. I thought it was supposed to warm up a little as snow came in. Bears and Packers in the snow? Isn't that what's it's supposed to be about? I keep forgetting that the NFL is a television program.

:lol:

Can't troll people into buying your crappy tickets. Im guessing it would be tough to sell two tickets to a White Sox game for $250 if they were 30-100 and playing in zero degree weather.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

FWIW the forecast high @ noon on Sunday is around -3 with winds @ ~10mph.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
The difference is that the NFL advertises this as football weather. Baseball doesn't advertise zero degrees as baseball weather.

Are you advocating that the NFL become a summer sport?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:32 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Can't troll people into buying your crappy tickets. Im guessing it would be tough to sell two tickets to a White Sox game for $250 if they were 30-100 and playing in zero degree weather.

:lol: I don't really care about selling the tickets. But come on! Isn't "Bear Weather" part of the appeal? I'm sorry your favorite sport plays its schedule at a time when the weather is shitty.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 am 

IMU wrote:
The difference is that the NFL advertises this as football weather. Baseball doesn't advertise zero degrees as baseball weather.

Are you advocating that the NFL become a summer sport?

The NFL does not advertise this as football weather. This will be the coldest Bears game since they started recording game temperature.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

:lol: I don't really care about selling the tickets. But come on! Isn't "Bear Weather" part of the appeal? I'm sorry your favorite sport plays its schedule at a time when the weather is shitty.

This is amazing. Jorr was actually able to troll himself into another thread. :lol:

#keepthenumberonegooglehit

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Depends on just how cold it is.

The worst sporting event I ever went to was a Monday night football game between the Bears and Packers in 2008. I was back on a sort of Christmas Break after Basic Training but before AIT, and my parents had gotten me two tickets to the game as a present. I was excited as hell. Wind Chill was something like -15 when we got there, and they announced it was the coldest kickoff in Soldier Field history. Midway through the first quarter every beer in the stadium was frozen and the taps werent working either so it was basically impossible to get a beer. My cousin and I ended up leaving at halftime and watching the Packers lose at a bar down the street.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:

FWIW the forecast high @ noon on Sunday is around -3 with winds @ ~10mph.

-3 with wind whipping off the lake is MUCH different than 20s/30s.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This will be the coldest Bears game since they started recording game temperature.

That's a feature, not a bug. The price of the tickets just went up!

FOOTBALL TOUGH!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:16 pm 

I'm going Joe. Let's meet up, take our shirts off and get some time on national TV.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I went to some meaningless Bears-Packers game around New Years a few years ago, and the wind chill was like -35. It was just stupid. Everyone was miserable, and people were selling hand warmers for like twenty bucks. I'm not sure what the point of it all was.