It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Chus wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

They were bought by somebody, who is renovating the place and changing the name.

My suggestion for the new name to more accurately reflect its attributes:

Fecal Matter Falls

Pink Eye Pipeline

You choose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
If you are a costco member, their travel agency seems excellent. Great prices and choices. We did our recent Punta Cana trip through them and everything worked out perfectly, including direct flights on United. Had their been connections or an airline like spirit we wouldn't have done it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Not sure what you want to spend, but you can get a crewed yacht for a week that takes you to multiple islands and places to swim and snorkel. Prices start around $10k and go up as high as you want. Get another family to do the trip with you and you can make it somewhat affordable.

http://www.carefreecharters.com/yacht-s ... r-specials

http://www.voyagecharters.com/all-inclu ... ailability

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Thanks for the tips SO FAR....Checked out the Atlantis deals and they looked great...until you add the meal plans...I don't know if we could eat enough to reach that price! Drink perhaps, but I'm no Spiegel....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Chilli Palmer wrote:
Chus wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

They were bought by somebody, who is renovating the place and changing the name.

Fecal Matter Falls

Pink Eye Pipeline

You choose.

My neighbors take their kids MANY times during the winter. Public pools are some of the most disgusting places one can visit.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Chus wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:
Chus wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Fecal Matter Falls

Pink Eye Pipeline

You choose.

My neighbors take their kids MANY times during the winter. Public pools are some of the most disgusting places one can visit.

Agreed but the kids love it. Luckily my in-laws take them to Key Lime Cove so I have yet to set foot in that place. Just going to our community pool is enough to give me pause.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats because the pond would be good for you.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i know this thread seems focused on tropical locales but my family for years did an all-inclusive trip to the Adirondacks to a dude ranch, and year after year it was fantastic. Horseback riding, fishing, all kinds of water sports, swimming (its on a lake in the mountains) and they also have an indoor pool, paintball, daily softball and volleyball games, tennis and an indoor gym for basketball and other stuff if the weather is bad. lots of other activities all day and deep into the night. they also have skiing on-site for winter trips. one night a week they had small local rodeo that was on site that was a lot of fun. 3 meals a day, all kinds of snacks and food in between. They had a saloon too for the evenings, but you had to pay for any alcohol. The accommodations are clean but not fancy, its got a rustic appeal to it. It was just a great way for our entire family to meet up once a year and let the kids have a ball and run wild while we sat on the porch and drank and visited. The kids loved it and were never bored and we loved it because you never had to pull out your wallet unless you drank at the bar. Usually we went to town about 20 minutes away and bought our own beer which was totally acceptable. Just an alternative to all the beach ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
man of few opinions wrote:
i know this thread seems focused on tropical locales but my family for years did an all-inclusive trip to the Adirondacks to a dude ranch, and year after year it was fantastic. Horseback riding, fishing, all kinds of water sports, swimming (its on a lake in the mountains) and they also have an indoor pool, paintball, daily softball and volleyball games, tennis and an indoor gym for basketball and other stuff if the weather is bad. lots of other activities all day and deep into the night. they also have skiing on-site for winter trips. one night a week they had small local rodeo that was on site that was a lot of fun. 3 meals a day, all kinds of snacks and food in between. They had a saloon too for the evenings, but you had to pay for any alcohol. The accommodations are clean but not fancy, its got a rustic appeal to it. It was just a great way for our entire family to meet up once a year and let the kids have a ball and run wild while we sat on the porch and drank and visited. The kids loved it and were never bored and we loved it because you never had to pull out your wallet unless you drank at the bar. Usually we went to town about 20 minutes away and bought our own beer which was totally acceptable. Just an alternative to all the beach ideas.

You forgot the best part.... the talent show at the end!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm more shocked a Tour De Adirondacks wasn't included.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

An all-inclusive where you have to pay for booze is like going scuba diving with no air tanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm more shocked a Tour De Adirondacks wasn't included.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels

You make a good point. For a few years at work we had meetings at a dude ranch about 40 miles outside san antonio. It seemed very family friendly and affordable. Pool, horseback riding, hay rides, and also a saloon. I always talked about wanting to take the kids there but of course never did.

Only downside was the owners were packers fans. But as I recall they were originally from wisconsin so I gave them a pass. And I also recall we were there for this game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVjrcUDWbvs and watched it in the saloon. Owners not too happy that day :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Frank Coztansa wrote:
An all-inclusive where you have to pay for booze is like going scuba diving with no air tanks.

I disagree, but support any effort you make to test your theory.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Can't go wrong with Iberostar or Palace resorts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
a genius wrote:
I'd be interested in hearing about Hard Rock after you go.

Just got back on Saturday. Here's my review.

Flight- We had a direct flight on Southwest. It is typically tough to get direct flights as most AA flights have domestic layovers. It was nice to go direct and save time. In addition, customs is extremely fast at Midway. O'Hare can be a mess and time consuming in that regard.

Food- The biggest issue with all inclusives is the food. You tend to get stuck in buffets for breakfast and lunch. You run out of choices quickly. This place was no exception. Basically every restaurant save one turns into a buffet for breakfast and many are the same way for lunch. The dinner places all have themes- Italian, Mexican, etc. They were ok, nothing special. The Brazilian place was awful, possibly the worst meat I have ever eaten. In addition, the resort lacks for choices, so you are sure to go to the same place multiple times. The BBQ places on the beach and near certain pools were weak. Some pools had wait service with unique menus. Those were ok.

Alcohol- The rooms were well stocked with both beer and lower shelf liquor. There were places to get drinks all over the resort, so you never lacked for alcohol. The beer was a local beer- Presidente. I like that beer, but you basically looking at a Dos Equis kind of brew. The liquor was perfectly acceptable for tropical drinks, but not something you would drinks on straight.

Rooms- We had the best room in any of our vacations. It was two full baths, a kitchen, two bedrooms, a huge deck. Plenty of space. It was a mid level suite. It was akin to an apartment. Room service 24/7. The kids loved ordering stuff back to the room. Included with your stay.

Pools- They had a huge variety from quiet places to party scenes. They were all very nice. They had bars all over the place at the pools and staff that went around. It never seemed too crowded, so we were always able to find chairs.

Beach- Fabulous, beautiful. Water is rough most of the time. If you like beaches, this is a good one. No wave runners presumably because of the rough sea. They had all other water type excursion activities.

Staff- I was pleasantly surprised. My prior criticisms of Punta Cana included a lack of English skills among the hotel staff. This place was no exception but the staff really tried to help out with all aspects of our stay. Very friendly.

Entertainment- Sub par relative to what we have had on cruises.

Resort- It is a pretty large place. They have shuttles to take you around if you hate walking. It is very nice overall.

Final thought- We are done with all inclusives. You really have to be a buffet person. The food just gets tiring by day two or three. Everything else about the resort is nice. I wouldn't go again, but worth a try for people that aren't sick of all inclusives.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
denisdman wrote:
a genius wrote:
I'd be interested in hearing about Hard Rock after you go.

Just got back on Saturday. Here's my review.

Flight- We had a direct flight on Southwest. It is typically tough to get direct flights as most AA flights have domestic layovers. It was nice to go direct and save time. In addition, customs is extremely fast at Midway. O'Hare can be a mess and time consuming in that regard.

Food- The biggest issue with all inclusives is the food. You tend to get stuck in buffets for breakfast and lunch. You run out of choices quickly. This place was no exception. Basically every restaurant save one turns into a buffet for breakfast and many are the same way for lunch. The dinner places all have themes- Italian, Mexican, etc. They were ok, nothing special. The Brazilian place was awful, possibly the worst meat I have ever eaten. In addition, the resort lacks for choices, so you are sure to go to the same place multiple times. The BBQ places on the beach and near certain pools were weak. Some pools had wait service with unique menus. Those were ok.

Alcohol- The rooms were well stocked with both beer and lower shelf liquor. There were places to get drinks all over the resort, so you never lacked for alcohol. The beer was a local beer- Presidente. I like that beer, but you basically looking at a Dos Equis kind of brew. The liquor was perfectly acceptable for tropical drinks, but not something you would drinks on straight.

Rooms- We had the best room in any of our vacations. It was two full baths, a kitchen, two bedrooms, a huge deck. Plenty of space. It was a mid level suite. It was akin to an apartment. Room service 24/7. The kids loved ordering stuff back to the room. Included with your stay.

Pools- They had a huge variety from quiet places to party scenes. They were all very nice. They had bars all over the place at the pools and staff that went around. It never seemed too crowded, so we were always able to find chairs.

Beach- Fabulous, beautiful. Water is rough most of the time. If you like beaches, this is a good one. No wave runners presumably because of the rough sea. They had all other water type excursion activities.

Staff- I was pleasantly surprised. My prior criticisms of Punta Cana included a lack of English skills among the hotel staff. This place was no exception but the staff really tried to help out with all aspects of our stay. Very friendly.

Entertainment- Sub par relative to what we have had on cruises.

Resort- It is a pretty large place. They have shuttles to take you around if you hate walking. It is very nice overall.

Final thought- We are done with all inclusives. You really have to be a buffet person. The food just gets tiring by day two or three. Everything else about the resort is nice. I wouldn't go again, but worth a try for people that aren't sick of all inclusives.

yea, unless you can find a 5 star all inclusive like Le Blanc in Cancun (adults only), the food is usually pretty awful at all inclusives. Same goes for cruises.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Beachs in the Turks was the only place we didn't get sick of the food. Atlantis is decent but not all inclusive. I have found cruises to be better than regular all inclusives. Part of that might be because you get off the boat typically for lunch at the port.