It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Gonna be STEAMY. Im heading out in about an hour. Going to put in some work on the greens.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Many Green Lines were consumed at yesterday's Cub game. Don't expect much.

Not to mention, I was surrounded by people eating boojie bison dogs.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Arrived way too early. I’ll try to figure out greeens a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well? We’re waiting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
pittmike wrote:
Well? We’re waiting.

Too drunk and/or still playing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Thanks to all the boys for playing!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Good times, JORR. Thanks for helping put that all together for our groups.

Great to meet some new guys and see some of the old guys like Donspiracy and Payne Coztansa.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Yep, thanks JORR! Great event!

Don and I won largest combined cart mates. Our 4-some wasn't good, but we had a great time...and did better than I expected!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:53 pm 

Great to see everyone today and special thanks to JORR for the invite to the event. Nice getting to know Dr. Ken a little bit over the course of the day and always a good time teeing it up with shakes and Furious. Glad that we had some prize winners at our table. I'd recommend attending next year if you were on the fence this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
And, for future reference, T-Bone can absolutely crush the ball.

He was just getting warmed up after 18. I think he might be back on the course right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And if there is a best dressed award, you can engrave my name on it now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If I'm the ringer, you (we) are in trouble.
Nailed it.

I'll post a full review later. If anyone needs to borrow $700, Golden Jet is your man.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If anyone needs to borrow $700, Golden Jet is your man.

Nice. Congrats, GJ.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:13 pm 

That was a nice parting gift! I did flip $100 back to the house for their hospitality.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
GoldenJet wrote:
That was a nice parting gift! I did flip $100 back to the house for their hospitality.

GIVE IT BACK
GIVE IT BACK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
GoldenJet wrote:

You didn't have to do that, but it is certainly appreciated. Also, special thanks to T-Bone for his donation for the raffle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:37 am 
100000 CLUB

What a long day. I'm still exhausted. I think being later in the year coupled with the lack of rain jacked up the course a bit. Its certainly been in better condition when this outing when in June. Got checked in and said hellos, then went to the putting green and range where I was doing pretty well. Little did I know that would be the high point of my day.

Headed out in the cart parade for shotgun start, when shakes decided to take his own route and screwed up everything. Eventually we found our way to the 5th tee. I went first, and hit a drive that faded a bit into the trees, but got a member's bounce and ended up back on the right side of the fairway. Don rips his about 250 just off the fairway but only about 120 from the green. Lefty Golden Jet says "this is my first swing on a tee box since last season," then proceeds to murder his ball 260+ although he pulled it a bit so he ended up with tree trouble. Outside of those long drive guys in VEGASS$?, Jorr takes the biggest backswing of anybody I have ever seen.

We started par-par. At first, I was hitting the ball pretty well but that did not last. I set us up with some par chances with approach shots, but we only capitalized on about half of them. Off the tee I was positively fucking dreadful except for a couple of par 3's I hit the green on. This lead to a few club throws and MANY curse words being shouted. Don's game has come around, but he was consistently inconsistent. One hole he would bomb a drive out there, and then hit his next shot into or near the green, the next hole he'd take his 3-wood/hybrid and hit a divot further than the ball. Golden Jet has some skills! The rust affected him early on, and (I think) fatigue did later, but there is some talent there and I could easily see him putting up mid-80s score with not much practice. Unfortunately, Don was the only one of us to sink any putt longer than about 6'. We had one birdie of which all 3 shots were Don's. I think we had 7 pars on the day which for the way we were hitting the ball was pretty impressive. GJ and I had some nice lag putts, we just couldn't get anything to drop. The greens were pretty spongy, although outside of a few ballmarks they were in good shape. Pace was slow (5 and a half hours) and after a long Saturday of a baby shower, swimming, and Budweisers, I was definitely feeling it about 2/3 of the way in. We all had our moments both good and bad, but we all enjoyed ourselves as well. We ended up shooting +8 for a 78, parring our 4 of our final 5 holes. Good dinner after, with myself winning a beer raffle, and GJ and Jorr winning the #1 and #2 split the pots. Don was in tears because he did not win any IT help this year.

I second TBone's request of attending if you were on the fence this year. From what JOrr said, it sounds like this may be on a Sunday again next year. Turnout was the best I've seen since I started playing in this outing 4 years ago. And yes, Tbone can absolutely crush the ball. I didn't get to see a ton of his shots, but there were several times where we were chipping or hitting our 3rd shots into the green, and the A-Team was behind us by only 50 yards or so waiting to hit.

Good times, and thanks again JOrr. Hope to see MANY of you playing next year...Maybe I'll even wear the knickers again! If you're lucky. Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:30 am 

Excellent job on the synopsis Frank!

I would only suggest they shoot for a Saturday afternoon next year.

Bunch of good dudes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Yeah Saturday would be ideal as it was such a long day yesterday. If you're bringing 30+ golfers out- with possibly a few more people/wives added for dinner- I'm sure the course would be fine with a Saturday 1-2pm start. I'm glad we had a good group because if I was playing the way I was on my own, it would have been zero fun for me.

Saturday, Sunday, Friday, whatever....already looking forward to next year!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:55 am 

Frank, I still got you as runner up MVP of the golf outing for running away with best dressed and also winning the craft beer basket in the raffle. Obviously, Jet took home the MVP honors and the ceremonial winner's off white dago T-shirt.

Had a really good time, great to meet the 5 guys I hadn't met before. Pretty happy with the way I played coming off a lesson and new swing the day before. As a team we got off to a bit of a slow start and never really hit any significant putts all day, but we also managed to keep each hole at par max and threw in a handful of birdies to finish -5, but 7 strokes off the winner. And btw, winner got nothing for winning and the only reason they even announced the winner was because everyone started yelling at them wanting to know the score. Yet another reason Jet was the big winner of the whole outing.

Looking forward to doing it again next year! Thanks Jorr!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
shakes wrote:
Frank, I still got you as runner up MVP of the golf outing for running away with best dressed and also winning the craft beer basket in the raffle. Obviously, Jet took home the MVP honors and the ceremonial winner's off white dago T-shirt.

Had a really good time, great to meet the 5 guys I hadn't met before. Pretty happy with the way I played coming off a lesson and new swing the day before. As a team we got off to a bit of a slow start and never really hit any significant putts all day, but we also managed to keep each hole at par max and threw in a handful of birdies to finish -5, but 7 strokes off the winner. And btw, winner got nothing for winning and the only reason they even announced the winner was because everyone started yelling at them wanting to know the score. Yet another reason Jet was the big winner of the whole outing.

Sounds like Dr. Ken really let you guys down.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
shakes wrote:

You knew that would happen. JK. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 am 

Franky T wrote:
shakes wrote:

Dr. Ken actually had a really nice game for a guy who plays once a year. Definitely used a bunch of his shots.

Furious, on the other hand, showed a lack of committment all day and when the chips were down turned to copious amounts of drugs and alcohol. Our 4some slowed the course down when we had to stop mid round for an intervention. Or that might've been a beer run.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 am 

Franky T wrote:

I bought MANY waters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:21 am 

One of the good things about having it on a blistering hot Sunday afternoon was that I drank way more water and powerade zero than booze. Made for a nice safe drive home.

Shout out to Furious for having the Ike Reilly playing on the Bluetooth and for helping get us to the finish line. The meds were much appreciated/needed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Glad you guys all had fun. I wish I didn't suck so much at the sport. Would be fun to get out there. Anything longer than a 5-iron and I struggle with any sort of consistent distance or accuracy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

It's a scramble so there were plenty of people that "suck" and only golf a couple of times a year. I play often and I duffed MANY shots yesterday. I even saw Furious toss his club into the air in frustration at one point. Jorr grounded a few balls barely in front of the tee box, and we still ended up using a couple of his shots during the day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I do a scramble once a year and it can be fun. Generally there is a stretch that goes poorly and that is zero fun but mostly, if you don’t golf much, just do it to have fun. I know my swing sucks, my friend takes videos and I’m like, yep, that’s why I push everything right with a slice but I don’t care, makes it when you hit one long and straight that much more fun.

The scramble we play requires you to use one drive from each person once per nine. Sometimes it’s a stretch but you Can find one usually.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:30 am 

IMU wrote:
Glad you guys all had fun. I wish I didn't suck so much at the sport. Would be fun to get out there. Anything longer than a 5-iron and I struggle with any sort of consistent distance or accuracy.

It's a scramble where they don't even keep score. Any skill level would fit in fine in that format.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It's a scramble so there were plenty of people that "suck" and only golf a couple of times a year. I play often and I duffed MANY shots yesterday. I even saw Furious toss his club into the air in frustration at one point. Jorr grounded a few balls barely in front of the tee box, and we still ended up using a couple of his shots during the day.

Maybe next year. You can count on me on the Par 3's.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:24 pm 

shakes wrote:

Dr. Ken actually had a really nice game for a guy who plays once a year. Definitely used a bunch of his shots.

Furious, on the other hand, showed a lack of committment all day and when the chips were down turned to copious amounts of drugs and alcohol. Our 4some slowed the course down when we had to stop mid round for an intervention. Or that might've been a beer run.

Dr Ken definitely has some game hiding in there. If he were able to pick up a club a couple times a month it would come back to him rather quickly I think.

:lol: on the Furious comment. I think I now know what it would be like to play golf with Cheech and Chong if they were a couple middle aged white guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next