It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: U2 This Saturday
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:05 am 

this was a nearly perfect night. We tailgated before and the weather could not have been better. We had 8 people with us and another 8 or so joined up as the night went on. I loved the concert. Great music, great presentation, very little Bono ranting. I thought it was a strange choice not to begin with "where the streets have no name" as, in my opinion, it is maybe the best song for walking out on stage that has ever been created and it would have provided continuity from 1987. However, the drum beginning to "sunday bloody sunday" as the opening song certainly did the trick.

It was almost entirely pre 1990s U2 and it was glorious! It seemed like they enjoyed it was well.

I tailgated post until security kicked us out and the weather remained great.

Thinking back on it, it was one of the really great nights of my life. I was with some of the friends I was with when I saw them in 87. The same was true with my wife. I was with my oldest boy and took him to his first concert. It was one of those rare nights that is perfect AND you realize it is perfect as you are living it. A gift from God.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:44 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o6X4u1HxVU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Similar for my wife and me for the sunday show. Trained it down; picnic and a bottle of wine on a secluded bench in Millennium Park. Pregame beers outdoors at Bucks (near Buckingham fountain, of course) followed by the terrific show. Enjoyed every song but Streets and Elevation were standouts for me.

Hoofed it back to Ogilvie just in time to make the last train back to the burbs.

All in all a wonderful day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
this was a nearly perfect night. We tailgated before and the weather could not have been better. We had 8 people with us and another 8 or so joined up as the night went on. I loved the concert. Great music, great presentation, very little Bono ranting. I thought it was a strange choice not to begin with "where the streets have no name" as, in my opinion, it is maybe the best song for walking out on stage that has ever been created and it would have provided continuity from 1987. However, the drum beginning to "sunday bloody sunday" as the opening song certainly did the trick.

It was almost entirely pre 1990s U2 and it was glorious! It seemed like they enjoyed it was well.

I tailgated post until security kicked us out and the weather remained great.

Thinking back on it, it was one of the really great nights of my life. I was with some of the friends I was with when I saw them in 87. The same was true with my wife. I was with my oldest boy and took him to his first concert. It was one of those rare nights that is perfect AND you realize it is perfect as you are living it. A gift from God.

very very cool