It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cryptocurrency Fund
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Darkside wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
In a roundabout way, I deal with bitcoin every day.

As such, I've attended internal and external seminars, done my own research, and chatted with experts from both the financial and criminal brain trusts... and I still cannot understand how the fuck it works. I'm either too dumb to understand or the whole damn thing is just a complete house of cards that operates completely on trust.

Dork, all currencies especially the dollar are a house of cards that operates completely on trust.
But jorrbucks sounds riskier than a roofie colada at beardowns garden party.

They're not all backed by the U.S. government, though. Dork.

That's the point. They're immune from government manipulation and there are strict controls (at least with Bitcoin) that prevent inflation.

I understand the positives. There are definitely downfalls to that too. It's uncharted territory and it's certainly risky. It's all built into the price. I'm not saying it's good or bad... there are just a lot of unknowns. If you make millions, you owe me a porterhouse.

I think the biggest uncertainty was possible government shutdowns of these currencies. It was a big deal when Putin blessed Ethereum and Japan blessed Bitcoin.

Of course there are risks. Some will certainly die off. But long term, cryptocurrencies are a strong play.

Everyone will be surprised that I really cannot comprehend how they work or where they gain value. I was told by a friend in government that while dealing in them is legal, it is going to get you red flagged. I'm not sure if he meant investing or just using them as currency.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:56 am 

Still, send me out something and I'll look at it.

My money would mush the deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
My two cents. If you're really worry about Fiat currencies, then your best alternative bets are income producing hard assets like real estate or precious metals like gold. If/when the global financial system free falls, you want something tangible.

My problem with crypto currencies is all the fraud and cyber theft that goes along with storing them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
My two cents. If you're really worry about Fiat currencies, then your best alternative bets are income producing hard assets like real estate or precious metals like gold. If/when the global financial system free falls, you want something tangible.

My problem with crypto currencies is all the fraud and cyber theft that goes along with storing them.

The Mt. Gox thing was a disaster but it only slowed Bitcoin down for a minute.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The Mt. Gox thing was a disaster but it only slowed Bitcoin down for a minute.

Part of it is the unknown. I guess I have a preference for really smart financial guys manipulating the money system (Fed, et al) vs. really smart computer guys (hackers and their ilk) manipulating the crypto system. I still love how these guys mine the bitcoins. Give me the Wall Street Banker in a fancy suit!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Hussra wrote:
What's the minimum investment? hard to see them beating raw bitcoin investment over the next 3 to 5 years, but smart to ride the blockchain wave.

Have you seen SomeGuy lately?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 am 

I was wondering if the offering is a Reg D, meaning only for accredited investors? I have to assume it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wow,I have something in common with Leash and GD. Way before Bitcoin came out,I was reading articles on it. I have about 40 years of various experience in the world of data processing and I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I'll stick to old comicbooks for 200,Alex.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Well none of them are actually currencies. Try claiming to the IRS that your 100 bitcoins aren't an investment and watch them laugh in your face. The only time they are actually used as currency is for international money laundering and by drug dealers, everyone else is just sitting on their stash waiting for the price to go up. I dont see many people hoarding euro's or dollars in a vault hoping that one day the American dollar will grow in value exponentially and they can resell it. Doesn't seem like much of a "currency" to me, and if its not a currency I dont see what the point of it is and how its worth anything.

But whatever, its so easy to buy this shit yourself why on earth would you get into a fund run a bunch of American investors? Just go online and buy some ETH/BTC/DASH whatever and sit on it. And if you really want to make the most of it go on 4chan and Reddit and just follow along with the pump-and-dump schemes on altcoins yourself, you dont need some fund manager's expertise to gauge what's going to happen there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

America wrote:
Well none of them are actually currencies. Try claiming to the IRS that your 100 bitcoins aren't an investment and watch them laugh in your face. The only time they are actually used as currency is for international money laundering and by drug dealers, everyone else is just sitting on their stash waiting for the price to go up. I dont see many people hoarding euro's or dollars in a vault hoping that one day the American dollar will grow in value exponentially and they can resell it. Doesn't seem like much of a "currency" to me, and if its not a currency I dont see what the point of it is and how its worth anything.

But whatever, its so easy to buy this shit yourself why on earth would you get into a fund run a bunch of American investors? Just go online and buy some ETH/BTC/DASH whatever and sit on it. And if you really want to make the most of it go on 4chan and Reddit and just follow along with the pump-and-dump schemes on altcoins yourself, you dont need some fund manager's expertise to gauge what's going to happen there.

Did you really cite an IRS viewpoint? It goes without saying that a glom operation like the IRS would see anything that remotely smells like income as income. But these are all currencies and I think you'll find that some of them gain wide acceptance in the coming years.

Also, it's not so easy to buy some of these currencies beyond the major ones that you mention.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I have no interest in crypto currencies. Thanks though.

But dude they're immune to inflation.
And heavy financial guys are into it.
I mean these guys are heavies.
Thats why they need investors from a message board.

I think most people here are already aware of how fuckin' dumb you are without you specifically broadcasting it.

Don't hold back now boys... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
W_Z wrote:
What, $8,000? It's a Hyundai, get outta here...

Wilkinson's got a bite on a new one. Petramco Corp. Out of, hu, Springfield, I think. They're about to introduce some sort of robot butcher.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I have no interest in crypto currencies. Thanks though.

But dude they're immune to inflation.
And heavy financial guys are into it.
I mean these guys are heavies.
Thats why they need investors from a message board.

I think most people here are already aware of how fuckin' dumb you are without you specifically broadcasting it.

Don't hold back now boys... :shock:

Stay out of this, Oscar.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:14 pm 

The problem with cryptocurrency is that countries are likely to ban it outright at some point. You'll probably make a ton of money before they need to do that though. It just causes too many problems and takes away a lot of power/regulation by the government that has proven pretty vital to a modern society.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:41 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
America wrote:

Did you really cite an IRS viewpoint? It goes without saying that a glom operation like the IRS would see anything that remotely smells like income as income. But these are all currencies and I think you'll find that some of them gain wide acceptance in the coming years.

Also, it's not so easy to buy some of these currencies beyond the major ones that you mention.

My guy was talking about using it. He won't be my guy if he uses it exclusively. Don't need to scream "look at me".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
My guy said to invest in Christmas tree light fixin' gadget:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
My initial reaction is you were putting a group together to buy the horse, Cryptocurrency, so you could collect stud fees. Then it dawned on me that the horse's name was Cryptoclearance. My bad.

If you do pool money to buy a horse, please start a new thread. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:13 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Darkside wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Darkside wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
In a roundabout way, I deal with bitcoin every day.

As such, I've attended internal and external seminars, done my own research, and chatted with experts from both the financial and criminal brain trusts... and I still cannot understand how the fuck it works. I'm either too dumb to understand or the whole damn thing is just a complete house of cards that operates completely on trust.

Dork, all currencies especially the dollar are a house of cards that operates completely on trust.
But jorrbucks sounds riskier than a roofie colada at beardowns garden party.

They're not all backed by the U.S. government, though. Dork.

Doofus... the government can't back all the greenbacks if they were to get them all back, Jack.
They're still just notes. Notes backed by.... ?? What?
Just trust really. Trust we really don't have in our government.

I'm aware. Don't make me go all LTG and tell you I have an undergraduate degree in Economics.

You're due for a market correction. It's Master's pal. Don't short the stock!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
My initial reaction is you were putting a group together to buy the horse, Cryptocurrency, so you could collect stud fees. Then it dawned on me that the horse's name was Cryptoclearance. My bad.

If you do pool money to buy a horse, please start a new thread. Thanks in advance.

:lol: I'd totally be down for buying a horse. A group of message board friends at Barn To Wire put together a syndicate to buy some horses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

:lol: I'd totally be down for buying a horse. A group of message board friends at Barn To Wire put together a syndicate to buy some horses.

How much is a horse?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

How much is a horse?

It could be as much or as little as you want. It would probably be better to buy a harness horse just because they race so much more often. I wouldn't look at it as a money making venture as Illinois racing is on death's door. But we could probably find something we could have fun and break even with for about 5 grand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'm in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

How much is a horse?

It could be as much or as little as you want. It would probably be better to buy a harness horse just because they race so much more often. I wouldn't look at it as a money making venture as Illinois racing is on death's door. But we could probably find something we could have fun and break even with for about 5 grand.

Only 5 grand? I thought they were six figures. Even I can come up with a grand. Let's buy a fucking horse, man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:18 pm 

Can we name it? RIDES JUST FINE.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Honestly I'm more of a cockfighting type of guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:33 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I was gonna say we can start a thread to come up with a name but now that is unnecessary.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

How about Blackwater Indian?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

We need to buy two horses now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:

How much is a horse?

Only 5 grand? I thought they were six figures. Even I can come up with a grand. Let's buy a fucking horse, man.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Furious Styles wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Eaglo wrote:
I like the Doobie Brothers too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next