It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lakemoorfest
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Lakemoorfest is a yearly thing. If Darko is cancelling, I'm not sure why telling everyone is bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Domino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Pipsqueak wrote:
This thread is defanetely not for attention...........

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=59049

:lol: At least that thread is interesting. Did you miss the thread about using a mult in this manner? I'm not small enough to delete you over this but you may get sideways with Seacrest.

Ohhh no! Not sure how I'd cope with Seacrest being mad! Does he poorly fight all your battels?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I will not be in town the 2nd weekend in August.
But keep assuming.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
newper wrote:
I don't really have a strong opinion on this one way or the other, but if you were cancelling something or not holding an annual event, I would think that would be worthy of posting in the thread topic. I wouldn't start a thread called "Star Trek Pinball Machine" and then in my post say "I don't have one for sale." Unless it was a parody thread. Or I had been drinking a bit and thought it was funny for some misguided reason.

Ever been to that pinball arcade in Joliet? Sweet joint.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
newper wrote:
I don't really have a strong opinion on this one way or the other, but if you were cancelling something or not holding an annual event, I would think that would be worthy of posting in the thread topic. I wouldn't start a thread called "Star Trek Pinball Machine" and then in my post say "I don't have one for sale." Unless it was a parody thread. Or I had been drinking a bit and thought it was funny for some misguided reason.

BRick is going to cancel March Madness and then get upset when people ask questions or speculate about why he cancelled it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
formerlyknownas wrote:
newper wrote:

There's nothing better than a well maintained pinball machine, and nothing worse than a poorly maintained one. There's a handful of dedicated places around you can still find good pinball, but it is going the way of the dodo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm 

newper wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
newper wrote:

There's nothing better than a well maintained pinball machine, and nothing worse than a poorly maintained one. There's a handful of dedicated places around you can still find good pinball, but it is going the way of the dodo.

Amen. This place is a little out of the way, and it has shitty hours, but pretty cool.

https://www.jolietpinball.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
newper wrote:

Quality post by a quality person.

formerlyknownas wrote:

No.

Did you two know this page existed?
http://pinballmap.com/

Here's the page for that Joliet place:
http://pinballmap.com/chicago/?by_location_id=4724

There's also a pinball convention that comes thru the area in October I think ... can't recall precisely where. That's chock-full of awesomeness.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Don Tiny wrote:
newper wrote:

formerlyknownas wrote:

No.

There's also a pinball convention that comes thru the area in October I think ... can't recall precisely where. That's chock-full of awesomeness.

I see they have Bobby Orr Power Play. I'm a killer on those mid-70s Bally tables- Power Play, 8 Ball Deluxe, Night Rider, Evel Knievel, Mata Hari, Playboy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Lakemoorfest: bringing pinball enthusiasts together since 2017.

-Hank Kingsley

Last edited by Furious Styles on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
newper wrote:

formerlyknownas wrote:

No.

That's pretty cool, that map. I suck at pinball, but it is so much fun to play. My son loves it, too. Thanks for the link!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Pinball was ruined by score inflation and multiball.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:29 pm 

The machines they have are in beautiful condition. I actually don't remember the Bobby Orr one....they must not have had it when I was there.

Looks like the Hawks had Kenny Williams Disease in getting players past their prime.

That Joliet place looks like it has a pretty good span of tables from the eras. I became a convert in college and then sort of worked my way back into some of the 80s and 70s tables. They are so different through the decades, but they are all fun in their own ways. I probably spent a grand on Twilight Zone at the SIU student union back in the day.

there are a few pinball machines still working at Galloping Ghost; but they are getting muscled out! i think "twilight zone" and "jurassic park" remain.

aren't there pinball machines at the bottom lounge too?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Furious Styles wrote:
Cancelling Lakemoorfest: bringing pinball enthusiasts together since 2017.

Fixed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 pm 

newper wrote:
I probably spent a grand on Twilight Zone at the SIU student union back in the day.

Wait . . . is that pinball or shrooms? When you mention SIU, I can't be sure. Either way, sounds like a good time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
newper wrote:

formerlyknownas wrote:

No.

Next CFMB outing?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I spent a lot of time at the little brown store across the street from my childhood home on this one:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
I spent a lot of time at the little brown store across the street from my childhood home on this one:

Classic. They had that at the bowling alley on 83rd and Cicero (or maybe it was Ford City...).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

formerlyknownas wrote:
newper wrote:
I probably spent a grand on Twilight Zone at the SIU student union back in the day.

Wait . . . is that pinball or shrooms? When you mention SIU, I can't be sure. Either way, sounds like a good time.

You heading down to Carbondale for the eclipse? I'm thinking of dropping some acid and sitting in an Adirondack chair in front of PK's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:43 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The inflation is true, but they did dial it back after a while when it was getting SUPER ridiculous. Disagree with the multi-ball though... it is fun, but it has to be a reward, and a lot of games started making that a bit too easy or having 10 different multi-ball modes you could activate... I think that was the main issue with multi-ball.

I also used to like the Wheaton Bowl around the turn of the century - they usually had 6-8 games in decent condition there. Lots of WHO Dunnit there and NBA Fastbreak.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
newper wrote:

You heading down to Carbondale for the eclipse? I'm thinking of dropping some acid and sitting in an Adirondack chair in front of PK's.

Not sure about anyone else, but I was planning on going with my family....but then I realized our semester starts that day. What a pisser.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:50 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Not sure about anyone else, but I was planning on going with my family....but then I realized our semester starts that day. What a pisser.

One of the news websites let you plug in your birthdate and expected age and showed you all the eclipses you can see on the earth... you probably have a couple more chances for road trips.

Site Admin

newper wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The inflation is true, but they did dial it back after a while when it was getting SUPER ridiculous. Disagree with the multi-ball though... it is fun, but it has to be a reward, and a lot of games started making that a bit too easy or having 10 different multi-ball modes you could activate... I think that was the main issue with multi-ball.

I also used to like the Wheaton Bowl around the turn of the century - they usually had 6-8 games in decent condition there. Lots of WHO Dunnit there and NBA Fastbreak.

The problem with multiball is the randomness. :lol: The game should be about your skill at hitting targets, not just a bunch of balls flying all over the board.

Old Orchard Bowl was an awesome sight in the 70s. Just rows of pinball machines as far as you could see.

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
newper wrote:

formerlyknownas wrote:

No.

Next CFMB outing?

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I'm told I'm headed south or west for it. I'm not sure which way I'd rather go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I'm told I'm headed south or west for it. I'm not sure which way I'd rather go.

By whom?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:52 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The problem with multiball is the randomness. :lol: The game should be about your skill at hitting targets, not just a bunch of balls flying all over the board.

The randomness is only on balls batted into the playfield... you would average out to about 30% of the balls getting points. :wink: Although if you were any good, you can hold balls in your flipper and wait till it is clear before hitting it up the ramp for the jackpot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what's a more beautiful sound, the low moan of my girl's orgasm or the three clicks of a triple match on a 70s Bally machine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next