It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hvac jobs in mchenry
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If anyone is looking or knows someone who's looking for a union job in mchenry and Chicago in the trade I'm hiring. I need a couple more guys. Experience is preferred but we have an on the job training program too.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject: Re: Hvac jobs in mchenry
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Evangelicals need not apply. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Darkside wrote:
If anyone is looking or knows someone who's looking for a union job in mchenry and Chicago in the trade I'm hiring. I need a couple more guys. Experience is preferred but we have an on the job training program too.

Get in line behind every other company in the area looking for HVAC techs. They just finished an apprentice class maybe you can steal some from there.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:15 pm 

Why are you posting this?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:52 pm 

Brick wrote:
Why are you posting this?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:08 pm 

Yeah I've been waiting for that. But I I do have a couple good paying jobs available. Maybe someone's kid wants to get into the trade.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Is there a word for seeking out yutes to indoctrinate them into a certain lifestyle?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:17 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Is there a word for seeking out yutes to indoctrinate them into a certain lifestyle?

Yes. Careers.
Gotta say these jobs are paying pretty damn well now and in 10 years someone starting today is making an easy 120k/yr. Plus serious bennies. My wife has had over 200k in medical bills the last 4 months and all we've paid out of pocket is about 4k.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
These young kids are kinda goofy, they'd rather get buried in student loans and find a job making 60k then get their hands dirty and make more money.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think I just got jerk-store’d.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Darkside wrote:

Yes. Careers.
Gotta say these jobs are paying pretty damn well now and in 10 years someone starting today is making an easy 120k/yr. Plus serious bennies. My wife has had over 200k in medical bills the last 4 months and all we've paid out of pocket is about 4k.

you paid $4K to fix up a woman?

https://youtu.be/0oK__EzTXPw?t=352

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:05 pm 

312player wrote:
These young kids are kinda goofy, they'd rather get buried in student loans and find a job making 60k then get their hands dirty and make more money.

working the trades is way harder than bullshitting your way through school and office jobs. but if you dont like bullshitting, the trades are for you.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IkeSouth wrote:
312player wrote:

working the trades is way harder than bullshitting your way through school and office jobs. but if you dont like bullshitting, the trades are for you.

There really isnt any “ work from home “ in the trades for sure . That in of itself eliminates a lot of people.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:20 am 

yea and we will probably see wages finally rise for manual labor as it will be one of the last sectors to get overtaken by robots. ai will be able to do a lot of things, but until humanoid robots are capable at craftsmanship there will still be a high demand for that type of work. and the best humanoid robots right now might be able to carry sacks of concrete but replacing a furnace or fixing tilework? were decades away from that.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:41 am 

They couldn't make a go of it with self-driving cars even, so I would take whatever prognostications they make about AI and crumple em up and toss em in the recycling bin.

A couple of high-profile fuckups with self-driving cars seemed to shut the whole enterprise down, or at least take it out of the daily news feeds--clipping that chick down in Austin and then there was the self-driving car that ran off the road and crashed and then crashed again trying to correct course and get back on the road. It's like how about you program the shit to shutdown once it hits the first telephone poll.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:49 am 

I wonder if you can fix your own furnace using instructions from ChatGPT? I've fixed furnaces twice using youtube tutorial videos. Dirty igniter thingamajigger in one case. Busted out limit switch in the other (change your hvac air filters regularly). Most difficult aspect is getting the parts. You can't just go down to Home Depot and buy some of these parts--they sell em at contractor only joints. So I had to have a contractor BiL go pick up a new igniter stick thing, like a $13 part. But they wouldn't sell it to me sans a contractor's license.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:51 am 

Hussra wrote:
They couldn't make a go of it with self-driving cars even, so I would take whatever prognostications they make about AI and crumple em up and toss em in the recycling bin.

A couple of high-profile fuckups with self-driving cars seemed to shut the whole enterprise down, or at least take it out of the daily news feeds--clipping that chick down in Austin and then there was the self-driving car that ran off the road and crashed and then crashed again trying to correct course and get back on the road. It's like how about you program the shit to shutdown once it hits the first telephone poll.

Elon tried to jump too quickly on it and it not only wasn't ready but it was also too big of a jump especially since people think they are much better drivers than they actually are and it's just other people that suck at driving so people were shocked when self driving cars got into accidents when statistically it's basically the same as humans do and getting better all the time.

You need to get people slowly used to it. Most new cars are going to have self steering modes which is probably good enough for at least a decade. You still have to be ready to take over but you aren't going to have your hand on the wheel for miles and miles. Once people get used to that you'll be able to play on your phone as long as you are ready to jump in when needed.

True self driving cars will have to be designed differently though. No reason to put people in the most dangerous part of the car at the very front.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Hussra wrote:
I wonder if you can fix your own furnace using instructions from ChatGPT? I've fixed furnaces twice using youtube tutorial videos. Dirty igniter thingamajigger in one case. Busted out limit switch in the other (change your hvac air filters regularly). Most difficult aspect is getting the parts. You can't just go down to Home Depot and buy some of these parts--they sell em at contractor only joints. So I had to have a contractor BiL go pick up a new igniter stick thing, like a $13 part. But they wouldn't sell it to me sans a contractor's license.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a furnace repair I can tell you I don't use Artificial Intelligence, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let a professional do this job now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:13 am 

yeah, I thought for sure at least the trucking industry would have adopted self-driving vehicles for OTR hauls by now--Australia's been using self-driving trucks for more than a decade for routes through unpopulated areas. But we're a mad litigious society, so
you better be ready to pay through the nose if your self-driving truck crashes in the middle of Kansas and takes out a family in a mini-van. Somebody mentioned the difficult of insuring self-driving vehicles as well. So there's that.

Also, I thought central city urban areas might try to make it work to reduce congestion and free up land currently used for parking lots. But I guess you get the same no-need-to-park thing using car-share services like uber.

Plus the pandemic took an entire swath of folks off the roads M-F and now folks who WFH probably look forward to getting out and driving on weekends after being cooped up in their home offices all week. But regardless they aren't jumping in their car every morning and rushing to go put it in park on 290 at 25th.

The driver assist things are pretty cool tho.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Darkside wrote:

Yes. Careers.

Sorry to hear about your wife's health issues. I hope her condition is improving.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:13 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Yes. Careers.

Sorry to hear about your wife's health issues. I hope her condition is improving.

Yes, all my best to DW.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Elon tried to jump too quickly on it and it not only wasn't ready but it was also too big of a jump especially since people think they are much better drivers than they actually are and it's just other people that suck at driving so people were shocked when self driving cars got into accidents when statistically it's basically the same as humans do and getting better all the time.

You need to get people slowly used to it. Most new cars are going to have self steering modes which is probably good enough for at least a decade. You still have to be ready to take over but you aren't going to have your hand on the wheel for miles and miles. Once people get used to that you'll be able to play on your phone as long as you are ready to jump in when needed.

True self driving cars will have to be designed differently though. No reason to put people in the most dangerous part of the car at the very front.

The first self driving 18 wheeler that kills a family in a minivan will end it. All the stats will go right out the window.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nardi is right.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 12:23 am 

If you think self driving cars have failed that's like saying you're pissed off your grilled steak took 5 min to cook instead of 4.

It's amazing the shit works at all. It's going to be thousands of times better at driving than any human could ever dream of. That's not even a question. And the progress happens exponentially. Get ready folks. The world is about to get really fucking weird.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 12:54 am 

What can I get with my avaya certification?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Douchebag wrote:
What can I get with my avaya certification?

Caller Boob

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:43 am 

Nardi wrote:
The first self driving 18 wheeler that kills a family in a minivan will end it. All the stats will go right out the window.
You've already seen the stories go away. It will be a big deal for a day or two and then everyone moves on. It will just be like school shootings.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:23 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
You've already seen the stories go away. It will be a big deal for a day or two and then everyone moves on. It will just be like school shootings.

Which have caused 3 insurrections in state legislatures. But in this case, it's an easy one. There's no bill of rights for AI.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:33 am 

Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Which have caused 3 insurrections in state legislatures. But in this case, it's an easy one. There's no bill of rights for AI.
It won't be easy.

There will be a period where virtually everyone has a car or has been in a car where the driver doesn't have to do anything but be ready to take over the wheel as it drives itself for miles and miles. This will get people used to the concept especially since it will be provable that it is safer than actual humans driving. They also can't ban this type of driving mode.

The only real question will be when it's going to be good enough to let someone read a book or watch a movie on the screen while this mode works.

Trucks are a little different. I think the goal there is to have trucks driving that don't have a human in it at all. That is a much harder sell without dedicated lanes similar to a train. That's not really an issue for cars though as there isn't really a good reason to have empty cars outside of a taxi system that could get closer to pick you up and those cars are moving so slow that it wouldn't really matter.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:02 am 

93% of people think they are better than average drivers. They won't stand for self driving accidents resulting in deaths. They won't fight an insurrection.