It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sleep Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
I went and looked at these last weekend. Nice product and I like the technology and ability to adjust the firmness. They are pricy though and I do worry with all the tech in the bed that something can go wrong. Does anyone here have one? If so, what do you like/dislike about it?

Post subject: Re: Sleep Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
A friend had one a few years ago. It's an air mattress with foam on the top of it. They are hot and not really comfy. When she tried to return it they said she couldn't return the base which was most of the cost. I think they got out of it somehow...maybe a contract that was never signed. When she looked into it more she thought it was a horrible company.

Amazon reviews aren't great. I don't think I'd do it considering the price.
https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Number-c2- ... geNumber=2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
If you like a firm/very firm mattress, I recommend these: https://plankmattress.com/products/plank

If your wife prefers a less firm mattress, one option is to get two Twin XL mattress -- one suited to each person's preference. Two Twin XLs together are the equivalent of a King.

I looked into the Sleep Number mattresses years ago. There were many complaints from people who, among other things, had problems with mold accumulation in the air chambers. That was 5 or 6 years ago, so they may have gotten the mold issues sorted out by now.

If you haven't already checked them out, these two sites were good resources when I was doing research on mattresses:
https://www.sleeplikethedead.com/
https://mattressunderground.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
They make a couple RV versions that we offer to dealers. I'd guess around 15% get the option. We never received any complaints from dealers or customers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I bought one of those foam mattresses a few years ago on Amazon.

It was in sale for like $200

Best mattress I’ve ever owned. So comfortable.

It ships in a small box which is convenient too. Free shipping. You take it out and let it breathe into its shape. No need or money wasted on having guys come over and install it.

I’d recommended that.

I didn’t buy a base for it. I kept my old mattress base and put the foam one on top. Fit perfectly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Spaulding wrote:
A friend had one a few years ago. It's an air mattress with foam on the top of it. They are hot and not really comfy. When she tried to return it they said she couldn't return the base which was most of the cost. I think they got out of it somehow...maybe a contract that was never signed. When she looked into it more she thought it was a horrible company.

Amazon reviews aren't great. I don't think I'd do it considering the price.
https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Number-c2- ... geNumber=2

wife and I hated ours. we put up with it for 5 or 6 years before we bought a real mattress. we had a queen size which consisted of two air matress chambers with foam in the middle separating the air mattresses and foam on top. the frame it sat on was a modular plastic "frame". I still recall opening the boxes it came in and asking myself, i spent that much money on a plastic frame and an airmattress? ... the frame actually broke towards the end but they did replace it for free. the bed is in our spare bedroom and no one uses it. it was horrible for sex because the middle being the edges of the air mattress and foam didnt support. the bed eventually became slightly concave as we felt like we were going to roll towards the middle because again the middle was just stupid non structural foam. our "sleep numbers" werent all that different but you had to constantly fight the air pump and calibrate it. I wouldnt recommend sleep number to my enemy....

and on the other hand, my sister and brother and law knew we hated ours, still bought one, and they like it so i dunno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:30 pm 

Authentic talaylay topper, 3", soft durometer. Nothing compares

Its latex, so its soft like foam but supoortive like rubber. Its talaylay, so it doesnt get hot

Fucking incredible. But none of you can afford a $500 topper so nevermind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I never really thought about them as being an air mattress, but I guess they really are. I'm moving on from them. My girlfriend and I liked about the same "sleep number" so I guess the adjustable part doesn't really matter if we like the same firmness anyway.