It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:01 am 
Your computer records all your actions and stores the evidences. Anyone can see where You’ve been on the Internet. Everything You did on your computer would leave traces on your hard drive.

DriveCleaner software is essential for you! It prevents unauthorized access to your computer history and logs. Nobody will be able to view the sites, files, images or videos You’ve downloaded from the Internet.

Click here for free download

2Admin: Sorry if the message doesn't suit your forum. Kindly ask to move it to an appropriate section. Thank you ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Kiss my black ass. I'm in the I.T. field. Anyone who doesn't know how to delete temp files and cookies from their hard drive doesn't need fucking internet access.

Companies like this use scare tactics like "Everyone can see what you do" on people who are computer illiterate in order to screw them out of their money. Anyone with a PC most likely uses some version of Windows, which has Disk Cleanup, which does the job just fine. Even people with other OS's like Linux can clean their hard drive without shelling out money to these jackasses.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I'm in the I.T. field. Anyone who doesn't know how to delete temp files and cookies from their hard drive doesn't need fucking internet access.

Speaking of which, how often do you clear out, Cairo? I do it periodically for obvious reasons, but I hate to do it too often because then I need to re-enter all of my automatically saved logins, passwords, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:43 am 

At home, I do it about once a month. On my PC at work I do it about once a week to keep the bosses off my ass. The passwords thing is annoying but it's unbelievable how much disk space those temp files can occupy if you don't clear them out every so often.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:20 pm 

I use this freeware called CCLEANER, which cleans out all system and internet temp files as well as application temp files you designate. Probably the most usefull freeware tool ive found on the internet... no bullshit payware: http://www.ccleaner.com/

The second thing to make your computer faster is get yourself a good defragment app (not the one that comes with windows) like Diskeeper.

and 3rd make sure you have a virus scan app installed and updated. All 3 will make your computer run just fine.

btw..im also in the IT field. 6 years experience...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:27 pm 

Spinnin' Bucket wrote:
Quote:
I'm in the I.T. field. Anyone who doesn't know how to delete temp files and cookies from their hard drive doesn't need fucking internet access.

Speaking of which, how often do you clear out, Cairo? I do it periodically for obvious reasons, but I hate to do it too often because then I need to re-enter all of my automatically saved logins, passwords, etc...

not sure what Cairo is, but I use Roboform which saves all your internet passwords and fills them in for you. So it doesnt matter if all your temp files are cleared and you relogin to message forums.. Roboform does it with 1 click.. Another very usefull internet tool especially if you belong to many sites. www.roboform.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:15 am 

Quote:
The second thing to make your computer faster is get yourself a good defragment app (not the one that comes with windows) like Diskeeper.

and 3rd make sure you have a virus scan app installed and updated. All 3 will make your computer run just fine.

Polster, you've been in the game longer than I have, I must admit.

I agree that a virus scan is a MUST for anyone with net access. Spyware is a bitch. I run Spybot S&D.

However, the built in Windows defragger has worked fine for my windows systems. I run Win 2000 Pro and XP Pro respectively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:38 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
Quote:

Polster, you've been in the game longer than I have, I must admit.

I agree that a virus scan is a MUST for anyone with net access. Spyware is a bitch. I run Spybot S&D.

However, the built in Windows defragger has worked fine for my windows systems. I run Win 2000 Pro and XP Pro respectively.

Hi Kid,

The reason why Windows defrag is not as good as Diskkeeper or PErfectDisk is that built in windows defrag doesnt defrag things like MFT - (Master File Table) which helps speeds up access time tremedously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

I bought disk keeper and use it on all my computers. It was well worth the little money and increased performance quite a bit.