It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 55's
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Yelpers

This place calls itself a bbq joint but is out of ribs and brisket....wow. went to support Lance Briggs but didn't come for just sides. Then the server told us to come back in a MONTH when they have it together! Really?!?
--------------------

The food was okay. I understand this is their 4th day open so I will not be too hard on them. The food was Luke warm. I ordered the catfish critters with the fried macaroni and cheese. My mom ordered the bear down combo. She chose brisket and St Louis style ribs and braised greens.

The greens were tasty but not hot. The meat was burned to the point that my mom had to send them back. The second batch was just a hair less burned then the first batch. The cornbread was very small. Mom forgot to let me taste the cornbread so I don't know if it was good. She said it was okay but not sweet. The BBQ sauces were not that good in my opinion. The root beer one was the best of the 4. The sweet Missouri was not that sweet and had too much vinegar.

Okay so on to my food.....the catfish was a beer battered catfish. It was good but not great because it was not hot. They seasoned the batter just right in my opinion. The part I didn't like, besides it not being hot, is that they didn't mention the fried onion mixed in with the catfish. I had a big piece that looked like fish, but it ended up being the corner of an onion. I don't like onion (which makes this part about the onion biased) in any format so I could have definitely been fine without the onion. the fried mac and cheese was okay but it needed more seasoning. At least the fried mac was hot lol. It was a little too bland for my taste but the fried mac tasted the best of everything we ordered.

Now that you know the experience with the food, I am going to move on to the service. The service was on point! Our server was very polite and professional. The greeter was extremely polite and welcoming.

Lastly, I gave this restaurant 2 stars because of the food and because when customers are paying 20+ dollars for an entrée and one side, and 20 dollars for 2 appetizers (or $9 for a side) they expect better food preparation. There is potential for this place to be phenomenal. I would have given 3 stars if the food was hot because above all else that is the easiest thing to make sure is right.

All in all I will come back later in the year to see if they reach my expectations. Like I said they have plenty potential to be phenomenal
----------------

Post subject: Re: 55's
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Yelp Guy wrote:
There is potential for this place to be phenomenal.

There isn't a single thought in that review that would allow him to reach this conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
All I needed to see was that the website wasnt up.

Opening a place is not hard, it's just a ton of work. Its why smart owners have SOFT openings, to work out the fuckups, so you can have a public opening and get good reviews.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
When I read they were opening on labor day holiday I knew the odds of a train wreck were good. As you say, a soft opening (which also means on a slow day) with no initial hoopla is the way to do it. Then a week or two later after you figure stuff out you do your giveaways, press release, bring in Krusty The Clown, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
Yelpers:

My mom ordered the bear down combo. She chose brisket and it came with a complimentary Drinky voodoo doll

Fixed

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY