It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beer Suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 pm 

Much like many of the past years - there seems to be a great deal of inconsistency with Hopslam. I've had three different ones - one was super hot with limited sweetness, the second was like Hopslam of old and the last was hot and sweet.

I'm done with Hopslam.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I bought quite a bit of hopslam, 12 six packs in fact with 3 of them spoken for already. First time I've had a liquor receipt be over $200.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Yesterday I stopped by Corridor to grab a growler of their IPA collab with Windmill Brewing. It's a hazy IPA with pineapple, mango, coconut, vanilla, and lactose. I did not like it very much. Not one of Corridor's better beers. It's sucks that I'll be out of town for their next can release of SqueezeIt this Friday. Now that's a good beer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 pm 

The lactose trend is not a big favorite of mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:39 am 

On Friday I walked to Mariano's and grabbed a PseudoSue 4-pack as they have their IA facility up and running. I've read online the beer, while not a NEIPA, is supposed to be hazier in color. My cans were the same color as their contract brewed Florida stuff. The beer was solid but not worth the price. I'd be interested in tasting the beer when it's supposedly brewed correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:31 am 

I never found PseudoSue to be a NE IPA but I have always preferred the Iowa bottlings to the cans regardless of IA/FL. I do think the IA Cans are a bit better but that might be my mental preference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tried a Three Floyds Zombie Dust for the first time last night. It was pretty good although I was out and trying to talk to someone
so didn't get a chance to completely enjoy it and take it in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Tell Hawg to shut up and drink.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:49 am 

Today Corridor is doing a can release of SqueezeIt if you're not feeling a crowler or growler. It'll be tapped tomorrow if you do want crowlers/growlers. It's one of my favorite if not most from Corridor.

The wife picked up a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada's "Hazy Little Thing". It's a partial take on the hazy beer trend. The beer doesn't have the traditional NEIPA look. Doesn't matter as it's a damn fine tasting beer and especially at it's $9.99 for 6 price point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Today Corridor is doing a can release of SqueezeIt if you're not feeling a crowler or growler. It'll be tapped tomorrow if you do want crowlers/growlers. It's one of my favorite if not most from Corridor.

100 4 packs only on this release.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 am 

Had a Hopslam can last night. Didn't like it. The initial taste was fine but the finish had a strong alcoholic burn.

Luckily it's no longer a beer you have to search for. So no disappointment added by the amount of effort to acquire the beer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:52 pm 

Still on my Toppling Goliath kick. Got a bomber of the Pompeii IPA yesterday which I pushed to the back of the fridge. Went grocery shopping at Woodmans tonight and they had three varieties I had never tried. Decided on four pack of Rover Truck which is their Oatmeal Stout. Figured I'd try it while it was still cold weather. Haven't had an Oatmeal for a long time.

Edit -- It was just alright. Really don't think I would get it again. I remember the Samuel Smith being better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm 

Don't let that Pompeii sit man - drink them hops FRESH!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
Had a Hopslam can last night. Didn't like it. The initial taste was fine but the finish had a strong alcoholic burn.

Hopslam is great as it always is. I can't think of any beer that changes as much, and as quickly, as this does. It tastes differently from day to day. The honey seems to disappear as it ages. I love it. Another homerun from Bell's.

I can't wait to tap my Hopslam mini-keg during the Super Bowl.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Don't let that Pompeii sit man - drink them hops FRESH!

I'll drink it tonight, it's good stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:58 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Yesterday I stopped by Corridor to grab a growler of their IPA collab with Windmill Brewing. It's a hazy IPA with pineapple, mango, coconut, vanilla, and lactose. I did not like it very much. Not one of Corridor's better beers. It's sucks that I'll be out of town for their next can release of SqueezeIt this Friday. Now that's a good beer.

I went Sunday for breakfast and re-tried Bendy Meme. For some reason I thought it tasted much better. The beer reminded me of a creamsicle with a slight tropical hint. Also had their other two IPAs on draft: Highway to Haze and Van Hazen 84. I preferred HtH as the finish was better than Van Hazen. No matter the differences, Corridor is brewing great beers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I almost tried Hopslam beer yesterday. Heard you guys talk about it and there sat a 6 pack on the counter of the store. Was going to pull the trigger until I saw 17.99 for the pack. Can't do it.

I am sure will try soon but the mood I was in wasn't conducive to beer that expensive. I saw pounding regular old beer in my future.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 am 

pittmike wrote:
I almost tried Hopslam beer yesterday. Heard you guys talk about it and there sat a 6 pack on the counter of the store. Was going to pull the trigger until I saw 17.99 for the pack. Can't do it.

I am sure will try soon but the mood I was in wasn't conducive to beer that expensive. I saw pounding regular old beer in my future.

Each can is like 3 cans of cheap beer. Really high alcohol content.

It's a strange batch this year. I had different cans in the same pack have different tastes. Some had a high alcohol taste and others had none.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 am 

Tried two new IPAs this weekend. Saint Errant's Fuzzy Britches and Hop Butcher For the World's Blazed Orange.

Fuzzy Britches is a DDH DIPA so it's a part of the popular juicy taste and hazy look trend. It was an expensive beer at 12.99 for a bomber at Binny's. Very tasty beer. Kinda had the color and smell of grapefruit juice. Only issue was price and format is prohibitive from buying again.

Blazed Orange was alright. It's in the NEIPA style as well. As the name suggests, oranges are the main flavor here. I thought the beer was too thin. It was fine.

Picked up another 6-pack of Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing on Sunday. It's not really a NEIPA but it's such a good beer for 6/$8.99.

Although I've been hopping on the NEIPA/hazy/juice trend it's nice to hook up with old friends. Last Thursday the wife picked up a 6-pack of Fresh Squeezed. I love that beer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 am 

Very disappointed in the beer selection at the resort I stayed at in Mexico. I never want to see a Modelo or Corona ever again. :?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Very disappointed in the beer selection at the resort I stayed at in Mexico. I never want to see a Modelo or Corona ever again. :?

One of the curses of the all-inclusive.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

No doubt. They had all high end liquor but I try to stick to beer and it was a big bust. Could have drank Bud Light but figured I travelled that
far, might as well have the local fare.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 am 

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

No doubt. They had all high end liquor but I try to stick to beer and it was a big bust. Could have drank Bud Light but figured I travelled that

Mexican beer is very limited in craft offerings. most places have XX down there where I have been. I move over to the premium rums.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am 

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: :lol: Local fare?

I'm pretty sure Modelo and Corona are owned by American breweries.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Finally was able to try a Dogfish Head 120-minute IPA. Had 60 and 90 many times. My father-in-law's neighbor brought some back.

Definitely more like a barley wine. And at 18% alcohol it doesn't take much to feel the buzz. Good beer, but not the best I've had.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am 

I am not against high alcohol beer per se. I think it is important for me that it is well covered by flavor though. I imagine at 18% that is a task. If I really want to feel the alcohol like that I might as well sip a bourbon.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Just got a tap set up in the basement and have scofflaw Basement IPA hooked up.

Fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:02 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Just got a tap set up in the basement and have scofflaw Basement IPA hooked up.

Fantastic.

Fitting. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
pittmike wrote:
I am not against high alcohol beer per se. I think it is important for me that it is well covered by flavor though. I imagine at 18% that is a task. If I really want to feel the alcohol like that I might as well sip a bourbon.

I think most I had was a barrel aged barley wine. Maybe a stout. It was around 14 and I didn’t know it. Was very little alcohol taste but i started feeling it pretty quick. Had to google what the hell inordered to figure it out. Was a one drink dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:32 am 

Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

:lol: :lol: Local fare?

I'm pretty sure Modelo and Corona are owned by American breweries.

You are probably right about that, by local I meant what is considered "Mexican branded" beer. I used to drink Bud Light years ago but I
never considered having one on vacation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 105  Next