It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: anyone into baking?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Long time lurker Steve Rosenbloom totally disappointed on where this thread could have gone...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm 

shakes wrote:
how do you post an image from your iphone? i want to show off the cake I made for Passover.

1 - imgbb.com is a free image hosting website you just upload whatever image you want and can resize it in the upload.
2- once the image is uploaded you can click the on the image it will open a link like https://ibb.co/Q8K8RcT
3 - on this page RIGHT CLICK on the image > Copy Image Address (to have the .jpg extension)
4 - go back to the message thread and paste the copied address = https://i.ibb.co/3fCfqsj/2024-01-09-191813.jpg
5 - put the above image address in between the 2 IMG tags

6 - click submit post and your image will show up in the message thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
BigW72 wrote:
Cream cheese frosting is the absolute best.

I made a chocolate cake once for my wife's birthday. It actually came out pretty well. The only thing I bake is cheesecake....got that down pretty well. The water bath is absolutely essential.

You need waterbaths for any custard. A good cheat is pan of water on rack below and wrap the pan in wet paper towels covered in tin foil. I haven't tried an insulated cake strip but that might work too. They also have silicone pans to put the springform in then put it in the waterbath but I've never used one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
polster wrote:
shakes wrote:
how do you post an image from your iphone? i want to show off the cake I made for Passover.

1 - imgbb.com is a free image hosting website you just upload whatever image you want and can resize it in the upload.
2- once the image is uploaded you can click the on the image it will open a link like https://ibb.co/Q8K8RcT
3 - on this page RIGHT CLICK on the image > Copy Image Address (to have the .jpg extension)
4 - go back to the message thread and paste the copied address = https://i.ibb.co/3fCfqsj/2024-01-09-191813.jpg

went to that site and they are asking for a $3 verification fee. Don't feel like giving up my CC info for that.

Are there any other ways to do this that don't require a credit card?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm 

shakes wrote:
polster wrote:
shakes wrote:

went to that site and they are asking for a $3 verification fee. Don't feel like giving up my CC info for that.

Not sure if your trolling or telling the truth? But that site (imgbb.com) is free to upload images and post to the message board. I posted the pic above from the same site and i don't have an account on imgbb. Just follow the directions i posted above... its easier to do it from a desktop but you can do it from your phone as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I just tried it, works for me. Don't make an account, just upload

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm 

polster wrote:
shakes wrote:
polster wrote:
shakes wrote:

Not sure if your trolling or telling the truth? But that site (imgbb.com) is free to upload images and post to the message board. I posted the pic above from the same site and i don't have an account on imgbb. Just follow the directions i posted above... its easier to do it from a desktop but you can do it from your phone as well.

ok got past the registration part and was able to upload the image. I'm doing this on my phone since that is where my photos are. But, then I go to copy and there is no link with jpg at the end. The link it gave me, tried to post it and it says there is no way to determine the dimensions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 pm 

Preheat the oven to 350, and stick your head in it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Douchebag wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
ok got past the registration part and was able to upload the image. I'm doing this on my phone since that is where my photos are. But, then I go to copy and there is no link with jpg at the end. The link it gave me, tried to post it and it says there is no way to determine the dimensions.

The image address needs to have .jpg extension at the end. If you dont follow the directions I posted above it will have a URL like https://ibb.co/Q8K8RcT --but the message board software is looking for = https://i.ibb.co/3fCfqsj/2024-01-09-191813.jpg

From your phone you can email the picture to yourself and upload the file from a desktop if you cant do it on the phone.

Also, on the iPhone you need to right click on the picture to get the URL with .jpg extension. Google Right click on IPHONE: LONG PRESS = RIGHT CLICK

Post subject: Re: shakes bakes cakes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This cake better be otherworldly beautiful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 pm 

I had to make a cake for a chiropractor a few weeks ago. Their description was they wanted bones on it like a spine and for it to say thanks for having our backs. I was practicing at home and when my husband walked in I asked him what it looked like. Not wanting to hurt my feelings he said a fish.

I'm pretty excited about the next baking master - Paris that's premiering on may 6.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nardi wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 am 

Nardi wrote:

It's not really fancy/neat in terms of the finishing, but it wasn't bad looking.

I'll describe it for you since it doesn't appear I'll ever be able to figure out how to post a photo:

3 layer cake. First layer was flourless chocolate cake. Second layer was chocolate mousse. Top layer was a white chocolate rasberry mousse. Fresh rasberries for decoration on top of the cake.

Tasted delicious.

Only issue was I should've cut it right after taking it out of the fridge instead of waiting for it to thaw. As a result it was very messy to cut and almost fell apart.

Also I think i undercooked the cake layer which didn't affect the flavor, but the chocolate mousse layer above it seemed to seep into the cake and cause it to be one layer. One very delicious layer, but I didn't get the visual of 3 distinct layers like the recipe photo showed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

It's not really fancy/neat in terms of the finishing, but it wasn't bad looking.

I'll describe it for you since it doesn't appear I'll ever be able to figure out how to post a photo:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:57 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I wasn't offered any cake, but I saw it. It looked like it should taste good. As a junk food junkie, I'm somewhat of an expert.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
I wasn't offered any cake, but I saw it. It looked like it should taste good. As a junk food junkie, I'm somewhat of an expert.

judging by the recent photos of you, you sure don't look like a junk food expert. You probably don't even own any clothes with sizes that start with the letter "X".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
shakes wrote:
Nas wrote:

judging by the recent photos of you, you sure don't look like a junk food expert. You probably don't even own any clothes with sizes that start with the letter "X".

It's why I pack the pounds on if I don't exercise. If I would eat less junk food, I wouldn't need exercise. Outside of that and whiskey, I don't really have a poor diet.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:50 pm 

shakes wrote:

3 layer cake. First layer was flourless chocolate cake. Second layer was chocolate mousse. Top layer was a white chocolate rasberry mousse. Fresh rasberries for decoration on top of the cake.

Tasted delicious.

Only issue was I should've cut it right after taking it out of the fridge instead of waiting for it to thaw. As a result it was very messy to cut and almost fell apart.

Also I think i undercooked the cake layer which didn't affect the flavor, but the chocolate mousse layer above it seemed to seep into the cake and cause it to be one layer. One very delicious layer, but I didn't get the visual of 3 distinct layers like the recipe photo showed.

Mousses sound loose. There are lots of way to make them but some are harder to stabilize. I like gelatin. Whipping the cream to slightly stiffer peaks sometimes helps, make sure the chocolate mixture you are adding the whipped cream into is cooler than 80F, fold a third to half the whipped cream into the base to lighten then keep adding but use light hand. I'm not great at folding.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
shakes wrote:

Tasted delicious.

Mousses sound loose. There are lots of way to make them but some are harder to stabilize. I like gelatin. Whipping the cream to slightly stiffer peaks sometimes helps, make sure the chocolate mixture you are adding the whipped cream into is cooler than 80F, fold a third to half the whipped cream into the base to lighten then keep adding but use light hand. I'm not great at folding.

We attempted a chocolate cheesecake (we've mastered the regular, traditional cheesecake). It was good but it was too much chocolate, to where it tasted mofre like mousse than it did cheesecake.

Made it a second time and halved the chocolate content.....much better.

Shakes flourless cake looked delicious...Godspeed, Shakes!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.