It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

"CHICAGOS BEST PIZZA" - Can Pick 3!
Lou Malnatis 24%  24%  [ 75 ]
La Gondola 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Genos East 11%  11%  [ 36 ]
Unos (orginal only) 7%  7%  [ 21 ]
O'Fame 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Baranabyis 4%  4%  [ 13 ]
Eduardos 5%  5%  [ 15 ]
Bacinos 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Aurelios 13%  13%  [ 40 ]
Art of Pizza 2%  2%  [ 7 ]
Pats 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Apart 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Bricks 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Petes 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
Pequods 5%  5%  [ 17 ]
Nancys 6%  6%  [ 19 ]
Armands 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
D'Agostinos 6%  6%  [ 18 ]
Palermos 8%  8%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 314
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm 

Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Where's Giordano's and Connie's!

EPIC FAIL!

Or Stefano's or Jake's or Rosati's.....

...little caesar's? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 pm 

Pizza?
Delicious!
YES!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Where's Giordano's and Connie's!

EPIC FAIL!

Or Stefano's or Jake's or Rosati's.....

Ordered Rosati's for the first time in several years last night (usually the wife makes homemade pizza but she was working) and it was as good as I remembered it.

While we are eating the 15-year old asks, "are they new - I have never heard of them?" I'm thinking to myself, "Wow I am really screwing up this kid."

"No Ryan, they have been around almost as long as I have."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I have found three pizza joints out here in Naperville that serve a pretty good pizza pie...I have been to Giordano's and my wife and I werent that impressed.

In no particular order

Uncle Pete's - Had it last night and it was very good...No need to order a pizza with double cheese as they put a lot of cheese on their pizza...Was a little greasy but I am in the minority and like a little grease with my pizza. Cool thing was they are open til 1 am on Saturday. The dont use much sauce.

Little Italian Pizza - There is somthing about the tomato sauce that make the pizza pretty good...Sauce had a hint of sweetness in it which was different. The X-tra large pizza is HUGE.

Taylor Street Pizza - Have had their pizza in Yorkville and Naperville...Pretty good pizza..solid toppings and a solid crust

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
kissrules73 wrote:
I have found three pizza joints out here in Naperville that serve a pretty good pizza pie...I have been to Giordano's and my wife and I werent that impressed.

In no particular order

Uncle Pete's - Had it last night and it was very good...No need to order a pizza with double cheese as they put a lot of cheese on their pizza...Was a little greasy but I am in the minority and like a little grease with my pizza. Cool thing was they are open til 1 am on Saturday. The dont use much sauce.

Little Italian Pizza - There is somthing about the tomato sauce that make the pizza pretty good...Sauce had a hint of sweetness in it which was different. The X-tra large pizza is HUGE.

Taylor Street Pizza - Have had their pizza in Yorkville and Naperville...Pretty good pizza..solid toppings and a solid crust

Napervillian here... never had Uncle Pete's but figured they must be somewhat decent to have been in town for so long. Their Blockbuster just closed next to them, so not too much walk-by traffic, though there was nowhere for them to sit anyway. :)

Little Italian was my ex-roommate's favorite. He was from Buffalo and said it was as close to a New York pizza as you could get.

Taylor Street is my personal pizza joint. It is about a mile from my place, so I can pickup as much as I get delivery. I agree with the "solid" review. That's about what I could say for them... I prefer a couple other places, but Taylor Street does not disappoint.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pat's
Is there a reason that Vito and Nicks isnt on this list? Chicago's best style of pizza aint even da deep dish. The best Chicago style is tavern style, cracker thin and crispy with Italian sausage loaded with fennel and cut in squares. V&N has the best version of that in the city.

It kills me to say this but the best pizza Ive ever had can be found in Milwaukee...yep sconsin!

this is some pizza thread though. Itll take me a couple day to read thru it. Im really not much of a stuffed though. thats not to say I dont like it or eat it when its there...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
1. Never heard of Nick and Vitos, just looked it up though.

2. May we inquire of this great Pizza in 'sconsin?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pat's
bigfan wrote:

2. May we inquire of this great Pizza in 'sconsin?

Oh you should def. check it out. Vito & Nicks is one of those Chicago pizza taverns that hasnt changed in years and years. Im not sure how long they have been there but my mom is from Beverley/Mt. Greenwood area and most of here family is still out there so this is a spot I have been going to forever. It is the best IMO. By far the best pizza under the radar.

The pizza place in Wisconsin is called zaffiros and if you like V&N and Pat's or la Gondola, Marie's pizza and super thin then youll really love this place. Its sets the standard in my opinion. Very similar to V&N in that it hasnt changed since it opened in 1954. Here is a little review of it if you wanna check it out.

http://chibbqking.blogspot.com/2008/09/ ... world.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Hey Bigfan, its Ginos East, not Genos. Ill hang up and listen to your answer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 pm 

da beef wrote:
Chicago's best style of pizza aint even da deep dish. The best Chicago style is tavern style, cracker thin and crispy with Italian sausage loaded with fennel and cut in squares. .

They are different meals. It's like comparing a BBQ chicken to ribs in determining who has the best bbq.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Has anyone else had shifts in their "big name" pizza favorites over the years? In deep dish, for a very long time I liked Malnati's, but about 4-5 years ago I really got into Connies, now, I'm a Giordano's fan. I like the crust, the sauce with a little bit more zest and acidity and occasional tomato chunks, as well as the way they assemble their pizza with a layer of dough over the stuffing before pouring the sauce on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
da beef wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Oh you should def. check it out. Vito & Nicks is one of those Chicago pizza taverns that hasnt changed in years and years. Im not sure how long they have been there but my mom is from Beverley/Mt. Greenwood area and most of here family is still out there so this is a spot I have been going to forever. It is the best IMO. By far the best pizza under the radar.

8600 something S. Pulaski. A tad pricey, but excellent thin crust pizza. Pickup, dine in only, cash only.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Frank Coztansa wrote:
da beef wrote:
bigfan wrote:

8600 something S. Pulaski. A tad pricey, but excellent thin crust pizza. Pickup, dine in only, cash only.

They also are (were) in Hickory Hills and there is also one in Lemont.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Vito and Nick at 83rd and Pulaski is the best thin crust I haveever eaten and it is a hole in the wall,if that sorta thing appeals to you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza

I voted for Art of Pizza, but the best pizza is always homemade.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Do we have any places that serve Pittsburgh-style pizza?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:16 pm 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

Why would anyone WANT pizza with fries & slaw on the top, while wearing the mandatory Steelers jersey?
:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:19 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

Why would anyone WANT pizza with fries & slaw on the top, while wearing the mandatory Steelers jersey?

isn't that also known as a roethlispizza?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:47 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

isn't that also known as a roethlispizza?

No, a "PrimantiPizza"-according to all the bs crap on the Discovery Channel shows. But, it still isn't the "official pizza of the Obama Administration" :wink: -- the great and glorious 'Italian Fiesta'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

No, a "PrimantiPizza"-according to all the bs crap on the Discovery Channel shows. But, it still isn't the "official pizza of the Obama Administration" :wink: -- the great and glorious 'Italian Fiesta'.

i was joking but that's fascinating.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
suckers playground wrote:

I voted for Art of Pizza, but the best pizza is always homemade.

I make home made at least once a week. I have a recipe passed down from my ma and I kind of added to it. I have a specific Flour, Yeast, Salt, olive oil, two differernt types of Mozzarella, and sauce that over the years have been found to give the best flavor and tast combination.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:42 pm 

And of course redneckmommy can't share that recipe. :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Maybe this should go in the 'brag about' thread, but at my peak I was able to go from doughball in the tray to pizza in the oven in less than 30 seconds. We had a 12 pie oven at the mall I worked at 3 or 4 years ago now, and during Xmas week, I think I remember filling the entire oven in less than 5 minutes.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Taylor Street is pretty good too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:45 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Maybe this should go in the 'brag about' thread, but at my peak I was able to go from doughball in the tray to pizza in the oven in less than 30 seconds. We had a 12 pie oven at the mall I worked at 3 or 4 years ago now, and during Xmas week, I think I remember filling the entire oven in less than 5 minutes.

did you put cucumbers on the pies?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Im a fan of Anthony Bourdains show 'NO Reservations' and he did a show on Chicago last night and stopped at a joint in Morton Grove called "Burts place" which he said is a staple for Chicago Deep Dish and voted the number 1 pie in Chicago.

It looked awesome on TV but seeing I've never heard of it , I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and if and if it's worth the trip?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Im a fan of Anthony Bourdains show 'NO Reservations' and he did a show on Chicago last night and stopped at a joint in Morton Grove called "Burts place" which he said is a staple for Chicago Deep Dish and voted the number 1 pie in Chicago.

It looked awesome on TV but seeing I've never heard of it , I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and if and if it's worth the trip?

the place has all kinds of nutty rules. you have to phone in ahead, but the number is unlisted. they may close early if they run out of dough. i've never been and i don't intend to.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:36 am 

Mike & BeBe just took me to the old Ron Santo joint in Park Ridge, it's now a new pizza joint and it was very very good. Also great ice cold draft beers like Bells on tap. Website's in progress http://uncledanspizzaandpub.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

WTF is Baranabyis? The new venture between Sybaris and Barnaby's Pizza?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Three Floyd's
da beef wrote:
Is there a reason that Vito and Nicks isnt on this list? Chicago's best style of pizza aint even da deep dish. The best Chicago style is tavern style, cracker thin and crispy with Italian sausage loaded with fennel and cut in squares. V&N has the best version of that in the city.

It kills me to say this but the best pizza Ive ever had can be found in Milwaukee...yep sconsin!

this is some pizza thread though. Itll take me a couple day to read thru it. Im really not much of a stuffed though. thats not to say I dont like it or eat it when its there...

They were featured on Food Networks Diner,Drive-Ins and Dives. Pizza is awesome if you like thin crust.

If you like thin crust brick oven pizza try Three Floyd's Brew Pub in Muenster, Indiana. Had the sausage and fresh fennel pizza
last week that was outstanding.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next