It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bagels wrote:
that looks tremendous

i wish more places had greens as a side

It looks delicious but does it count as a green if it tastes like everything else in the tray?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
W_Z wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Bagels wrote:
that looks tremendous

i wish more places had greens as a side

It's amazing. Same guy that owns LoLo's. $12 a sandwich. Not cheap but it's not fast food. I don't understand all the hype behind that Popeye's sandwich. Extremely underwhelming. I'd rather eat a hot n' spicy McChicken.

Then fuckin order it and shut up. Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Obviously the quality of any fast food product can vary based on the location/employees, but the Popeyes chicken sandwich is the real deal. To Wolfley, give it another try (at another location).

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Also, though it may seem counterintuitive, go at mealtime when they are busy. That way you know they are making fresh sandwiches often even if you have to wait a bit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:38 pm 

I went a few minutes before noon. Drive-thru was packed. Maybe the store is the issue. I'll give it another shot sometime down the line.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I currently rank the spicy fast food chicken sandwiches -

1. Popeye's
2. (tie) KFC / Burger King - yeah, the BK one is good
3. Wendy's - and that is pretty much sentimentality from when I used to eat one every day for lunch in the early '90s. Gained a lot of weight in those days.
4. I like a Hot N' Spicy McChicken. It's not puttin' on airs. It's cheap. It's decent. It's about the only thing I'll eat there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:19 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

1. Popeye's
3. Wendy's - and that is pretty much sentimentality from when I used to eat one every day for lunch in the early '90s. Gained a lot of weight in those days.
4. I like a Hot N' Spicy McChicken. It's not puttin' on airs. It's cheap. It's decent. It's about the only thing I'll eat there.

I think you’re underselling the McD’s version. It’s delicious.

You’re missing the Chick-fil-A spicy deluxe, but otherwise a fine list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

1. Popeye's

It's a strange fact, but true, I'm only ever around a Chik-fil-A on Sundays.

So, I mostly got them when they donated sandwiches to kids t-ball games. And they were quite good - but they weren't spicy, just regular, for the soccer Moms...and me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I still haven't tried one of the Popeyes sandwiches yet. Down here I'm used to Bojangles, which has a perfectly acceptable and not as big Cajun (Chicken) Filet biscuit which they serve all day along. They've also added a larger sandwich to compete, but it's not particularly good and definitely not something you can eat easily in the car.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:18 pm 

1. Popeye's

So, I mostly got them when they donated sandwiches to kids t-ball games. And they were quite good - but they weren't spicy, just regular, for the soccer Moms...and me.

Take a drive & treat yourself.

You deserve it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:26 pm 

1. Popeye's

Take a drive & treat yourself.

You deserve it.

No, I don’t.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave

1. Popeye's

Chik-Fil-A is just fine but they aren't my favorite. I also hate those burrito hating burritos. I never thought their sauce was so amazing. That being said they created this craze which went in full explosion when Popeyes copied them and now this is what Chicken Sandwiches are everywhere. They do have a good shake for sure. Their waffle fries can eat a dick though. So can their closed on Sunday so we can swap which kids we diddle with the hobby lobby guys philosophy. Though to be fair, I think Jehovah's Witnesses have become the biggest pedophile group out there now and I don't think they make a Chicken Sandwich or sell anya rt supplies, but I bet it is good if they do. Molesting children always makes your product better. Just using child labor only makes it good like in Nike's case but if you diddle them kids it makes it top shelf.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Chick-Fil-A in Naperville/Aurora just closed until November (!) for remodeling. Not sure what they are going to do with the limited space they have. Maybe they'll get rid of the indoor dining and expand the drive-through/curbside.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:31 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The Chick-Fil-A in Naperville/Aurora just closed until November (!) for remodeling. Not sure what they are going to do with the limited space they have. Maybe they'll get rid of the indoor dining and expand the drive-through/curbside.

The one in Wheaton by Danada is closed too for remodeling. We ironically went to that one for its grand opening in formal wear. Debated taking a limo lol. Neither are that old (none in the area are). I wonder if it is because they are removing the kids play areas maybe? Bad business in a pandemic/liability etc?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:15 pm 

1. Popeye's

When I lived in Atlanta, I was a block away from one. Honestly I never really cared for the chicken sandwich. Frankly I always have thought that the chicken biscuit was far superior. At this point I spend more time trying to remind the wife to get me some Chicken and Spice when she's in Orland.

Fun fact, the first Chik-Fil-A was opened in an area of Atlanta that then quickly saw block busting when the black middle class expanded down there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:38 pm 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

The one in Wheaton by Danada is closed too for remodeling. We ironically went to that one for its grand opening in formal wear. Debated taking a limo lol. Neither are that old (none in the area are). I wonder if it is because they are removing the kids play areas maybe? Bad business in a pandemic/liability etc?

There are a few around in Ohio undergoing the same remodeling.

I just saw a new one that looked like one of them newfangled looking Wendy’s, with the dark outer scheme, so I wonder if that’s where they’re headed.

It amazes me to this day how long the drive-thru lines are, but it also amazes me how consistently good their service is - they must have great training brainwash there. BK should send about 97% of their employees there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:38 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

1. Popeye's

When I lived in Atlanta, I was a block away from one. Honestly I never really cared for the chicken sandwich. Frankly I always have thought that the chicken biscuit was far superior. At this point I spend more time trying to remind the wife to get me some Chicken and Spice when she's in Orland.

Fun fact, the first Chik-Fil-A was opened in an area of Atlanta that then quickly saw block busting when the black middle class expanded down there.

Just had Chicken & Spice 2 weeks ago for the first time in a long while.

Good as ever.

They had gumbo too. It was good. Not incredible but good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:20 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

There are a few around in Ohio undergoing the same remodeling.

I just saw a new one that looked like one of them newfangled looking Wendy’s, with the dark outer scheme, so I wonder if that’s where they’re headed.

It amazes me to this day how long the drive-thru lines are, but it also amazes me how consistently good their service is - they must have great training brainwash there. BK should send about 97% of their employees there.

I think Burger King specifically hires people who don't give a fuck. I've never once seen a BK employee even feign happiness. Well once, a guy gave my son a free drink and he immediately got fired. With Chick-fil-a they learned that if you have that much suppressed sexual energy in your works staff and you make them watch drink the koolaid, that sexual energy can be harnessed good customer service. You have to get them young though. It's like making sure a fighter doesn't have sex before a big fight. Keep that A game up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

1. Popeye's

Chik-Fil-A is just fine but they aren't my favorite. I also hate those burrito hating burritos. I never thought their sauce was so amazing. That being said they created this craze which went in full explosion when Popeyes copied them and now this is what Chicken Sandwiches are everywhere. They do have a good shake for sure. Their waffle fries can eat a dick though. So can their closed on Sunday so we can swap which kids we diddle with the hobby lobby guys philosophy. Though to be fair, I think Jehovah's Witnesses have become the biggest pedophile group out there now and I don't think they make a Chicken Sandwich or sell anya rt supplies, but I bet it is good if they do. Molesting children always makes your product better. Just using child labor only makes it good like in Nike's case but if you diddle them kids it makes it top shelf.

:lol: :lol: This is my favorite take of the day. Molesting kids makes your products better. hard to argue with results.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:27 pm 

Add Taco Bell to the chicken sandwich parade. They now have a chicken sandwich taco?!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Has anyone tried Popeye's new Fish sandwich? It looks like McDonalds Filet Fish on steroids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
They are building two brand new Popeyes near where I live. On Wednesdays the one that currently exists runs some kind of family deal and it is not uncommon to see the line go 10-12 cars deep and into the turn lane off a busy city street.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:41 pm 

Observer wrote:
Has anyone tried Popeye's new Fish sandwich? It looks like McDonalds Filet Fish on steroids.

It’s good. Very much lives up to what it looks like and doesn’t have an overpowering fish taste. It’s a lot better than McDonald’s “fish” filet sandwich but that’s not fair because that’s hardly food.

The Mac n cheese is also pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
W_Z wrote:
Observer wrote:

It’s good. Very much lives up to what it looks like and doesn’t have an overpowering fish taste. It’s a lot better than McDonald’s “fish” filet sandwich but that’s not fair because that’s hardly food.

The Mac n cheese is also pretty good.

The McDonald's double fish filet is where I draw the line. :puker:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
My new fave is the chicken tender sandwich from Dave's Hot Chicken in Naperville. ("Tender" is really a misnomer as it's a full breast.) A bit more expensive at around $6.50, but worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i tried "Slim Chickens" here in Plainfield

nasty

tenders were ok , but Cane's are better

wings were rubbery and gross

1 and done for me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm not sure why Popeye's is so widely revered. They're OK, but nothing I'd go out of my way to eat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Tall Midget wrote:
I'm not sure why Popeye's is so widely revered. They're OK, but nothing I'd go out of my way to eat.

Agree. Never liked their chicken. There is too much crust.

KFC can be great if cooked right.

Too bad Browns's chicken is not national.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I tried the Burger King version a while back. It was awful. It tasted like a fried block of salt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next