It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beer Suggestions
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Had my first Spotted Cow last night.

I give it a solid meh.

My take on it as well.

I prefer moon man. Spotted cow is a nice change up from my usual choices however.

Agree...I like Spotted Cow when it's hot out as an alternative to macro piss water. Founders recently released once called Solid Gold lager, which was going down pretty easy this weekend...much better alternative to the macro-piss when available.

I also tried Green Zebra by Founders this weekend...Gose style brewed with watermelon and seasalt. Pretty good while super cold...got a little funky as it warmed a touch.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:51 pm 

Spotty is my favorite. I’m running low so i need to make a run up north soon. In the meantime i’m waiting for a call from uncle. He brought a keg back a couple weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Okay to start I like IPa. I was drinking them before they became trendy.
but and I meand this from the bottom of my soul. stop. There are other types of beer. Stouts,Porters. Come on people. I am tired of walking inti my local store and the only thing being variants of IPa. Oh yeah APA bull shit. I want variety. This Bullshit has to end. The only way is to go to the micro and get a growler,other wise it is 15 varieties of IPA. I like them but I want something else. Who is with me??????

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Anyone going to this today? The crew wants to head over...

http://www.pubinthepark.org/brewers.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I strongly recommend Josh Noel's Barrel-Aged Stout and Selling Out on the history of Goose Island and their acquisition by AB-InBev. I know some of his opinion pieces in the Tribune can be polarizing but the book is extremely evenhanded and one of the best beer books I've ever read.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
I live about 5 or 6 blocks from Two Brothers, and I would be fine with never stepping foot in their Tap Room again. Haven't gone in nearly 6 months. There's just so many better options in the area.

This place sucks now. Was here last week and got a pizza (don't ask) and the crust was fucking Boboli. Their Mosic Outlaw was the only saving grace.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Noon Whistle, More and Pipeworks. That’s all i need!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:56 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I strongly recommend Josh Noel's Barrel-Aged Stout and Selling Out on the history of Goose Island and their acquisition by AB-InBev. I know some of his opinion pieces in the Tribune can be polarizing but the book is extremely evenhanded and one of the best beer books I've ever read.

Picked this up yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
redskingreg wrote:
Noon Whistle, More and Pipeworks. That’s all i need!

Pipeworks used to make some of my favorite beers back when I lived in Chicago.

Their stuff is now regularly available in New England, but I've been pretty disappointed by it.

Definitely not at the level of beers that are considered ordinary shelfies in New England (ie, stuff by Lawson's, Foley Bros, Aeronaut, Burlington Beer Co., etc).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
I live about 5 or 6 blocks from Two Brothers, and I would be fine with never stepping foot in their Tap Room again. Haven't gone in nearly 6 months. There's just so many better options in the area.

This place sucks now. Was here last week and got a pizza (don't ask) and the crust was fucking Boboli. Their Mosic Outlaw was the only saving grace.

I wouldn't think to ask - ordering pizza from Two Brothers with one of the greatest pizza places a few miles away is indicative of greater issues.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I wouldn't think to ask - ordering pizza from Two Brothers with one of the greatest pizza places a few miles away is indicative of greater issues.

I wasn't in my right mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Goose Island has filed labels with TTB and looks like they've lost their damn mind. 9 variants! Let's just mix a bunch of shit and see if any work out to be fine.

Prop - chocolate and cocoa nibs
Reserve - Elijah Craig barrels
Vanilla Stout - meh
Bramble Rye - burrito
Neapolitan - burrito
Horchata - mucho burrito
Wheatwine - RIP barleyvine
Coffee - Intelligentsia
Reg - the best

rather than focus on quality let's go with quantity ($$$$). oof.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:56 am 

was able to down some tasty beer in denver this past week.

la cumbre: elevated IPA - my guys! it's nice to grab another glass of a well done WC IPA. no pansy NEIPA style juice here.
broken compass: coconut porter - right up there with my boys at oskar blues and "death by coconut". coconut with a hint of chocolate. glorious beer
pliney elder - usually snag a draft of this whenever i'm out west or in philly. delicious. plenty of diipa options these days but it's great to grab a classic
odell: rupture IPA - very crushable beer. this would sell well in the midwest.
epic: tart & juicy (sour IPA) - similar-ish to dogfish head's SeaQuench. a refreshing tart beer that's perfect on a warm day.

had a list of breweries i'd check out in denver but ended up spending my time hiking instead. so didn't bother hitting the big guys out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Kenwood had 30 packs of Hamm's for $8.88 this weekend. ~30 cents per can of beer was just too good to pass up. As long as its kept cold and drank fast, its a perfectly fine beer to have now and then.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Did the tour at Sprecher's this weekend and sampled their Abbey Triple, Magnum PA, Black Bavarian, and the Tripel. Afterwards we went to the Bavarian Bierhaus and had a Haus Hefewizen which was my favorite of the day.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kenwood had 30 packs of Hamm's for $8.88 this weekend. ~30 cents per can of beer was just too good to pass up. As long as its kept cold and drank fast, its a perfectly fine beer to have now and then.

My Dad was a Hamms guy for a while. Never had one but I would in his memory if I came across that deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:13 am 

This weekend Dovetail released their Kriek lambic which uses the same brewing method as Cantillon does for their lambics. The beer is spontaneously fermented from yeast in Chicago's air.

Preeeeetty tasty beer. It's no Lou Pepe but the difference isn't worth the trouble in obtaining Cantillon's Kriek.

Also Corridor has SqueezeIt back on tap. Grabbed two growlers for this upcoming weekend. SqueezeIt is a fantastic beer for which I ended my moratorium from NEIPAs. Though, I'll go back on break once the growlers are finished as all these juice beers blend together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Did the tour at Sprecher's this weekend and sampled their Abbey Triple, Magnum PA, Black Bavarian, and the Tripel. Afterwards we went to the Bavarian Bierhaus and had a Haus Hefewizen which was my favorite of the day.

Does Sprecher still do the deal where the normal tour is 5 bucks but for 15 or 20, they do a private tasting thing with 10 samples paired with cheeses?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
This weekend Dovetail released their Kriek lambic which uses the same brewing method as Cantillon does for their lambics. The beer is spontaneously fermented from yeast in Chicago's air.

Preeeeetty tasty beer. It's no Lou Pepe but the difference isn't worth the trouble in obtaining Cantillon's Kriek.

Also Corridor has SqueezeIt back on tap. Grabbed two growlers for this upcoming weekend. SqueezeIt is a fantastic beer for which I ended my moratorium from NEIPAs. Though, I'll go back on break once the growlers are finished as all these juice beers blend together.

Have you had any NEIPAs from NE? Which ones?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I have not. Only Midwest and Portland brewed NEIPAs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:18 pm 

I just had Pavement and the Shining from Foam. Those were top notch. I get a box from my New Hampshire guy every 3-4 months. I need to make a return trip!

And Kirkwood, Elevated is still one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Cool. I only eat Chicago-style pizza from the Uno's in Springfield, MA, and have declared a moratorium on it. Makes sense, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

redskingreg wrote:
I just had Pavement and the Shining from Foam. Those were top notch. I get a box from my New Hampshire guy every 3-4 months. I need to make a return trip!

And Kirkwood, Elevated is still one of my favorites.

Everything I've had from Foam has been terrific. I put them ahead of Trillium in my personal rankings.

Have you tried anything from Burlington Beer Company? Their stuff is widely available in Vermont, and it is generally awesome. It's Complicated Being a Wizard, Elaborate Metaphor, and Orbital Elevator are all great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Cool. I only eat Chicago-style pizza from the Uno's in Springfield, MA, and have declared a moratorium on it. Makes sense, right?

Hmmm, you seem to think I'm criticizing NEIPAs. I'm am simply stating after binging on them they have blended together. I would say the same if I went on a West Coast IPA, lager or pilsner binge. Just seeking variety of styles in my drinking.

And even if I was craving more NEIPAs I wouldn't seek out New England brewed NEIPAs as I don't trade, I don't live in NE and I wouldn't wait in those grab-ass lines anyways with those beer dopes.

There's too much good beer readily available to be waiting and circlejerking in lines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:45 pm 

I’ve had the Wizard one, TM. Very tasty. And we’re getting spoiled with the quality of NEIPAs being put out. More, Hop Butcher, Saint Errant, just to name a few, are killing it. If you ever want to swap, TM, just message me. For my money, Trillium still is #1.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 pm 

Went to Corridor for the old birthday today. I found Squeeze It to be way too sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 am 

Had Pipeworks Sure Bet the other night. Mango, honey, citra hops in a Double IPA.

Outstanding.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Had quite a few offerings from Abita brewing over the weekend. I know I had the Purple Haze and the Amber for sure, but I can't remember what else. I enjoyed all of them though.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 am 

Visited the Metropolitan taproom earlier this month. Either they are far more successful than I've ever imagined, or they're leveraged to the hilt. Place is enormous and absolutely beautiful. Beer not bad either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
SpiralStairs wrote:
Visited the Metropolitan taproom earlier this month. Either they are far more successful than I've ever imagined, or they're leveraged to the hilt. Place is enormous and absolutely beautiful. Beer not bad either.

They rent that space out for private events, which is probably why it's a little overbuilt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 105  Next