It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beer Suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I like this stuff:

Unite the Clans
Scottish Rye Ale

Unite the Clans is a Scottish ale, with slightly roasty and malty flavors and aromas. The addition of cara-rye malt and Fuggles, a classic hop from the British isles, give this beer an underlying spiciness, toffee notes and a unique bready complexity. You'll want to don your tartan and head to the moors!
Unite the Clans won a gold medal at the 2017 Great American Beer Festival!

Currently On Tap and Available in 6-pack Cans

Alcohol Content
5.8% ABV
Int’l Bittering Units
25 IBU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Visited Charles Towne Fermentory while in Charleston, SC over the weekend. They make some damn good NE IPAs. A must-stop, if you’re ever in Charleston.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
Went to Corridor for the old birthday today. I found Squeeze It to be way too sweet.

SqueezeIt definitely on the sweeter end. They should make Mosiac Monsoon or Juice Beyond as their flagship rather than SqueezeIt. But beer market is swerving to sugar/sweetness with the high demand for pastry stouts and NEIPAs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Had a bit of a drunk weekend in Waterbury & Stowe VT recently, consuming the following:

Lushsicle, Frost Brewing: A Milkshake version of the flagship Lush IPA by an up-and-comer on the Vermont brewing scene. Really liked this a lot. Sweet, creamy, soft mouthfeel. This is worth trading for, Redskin Greg.
Cloud Drop, Upper Pass: Finally got to try what many claim is the best NEIPA brewed in Vermont. Very nice beer--mango, apricot, grapefruit flavors, some pine notes, soft mouthfeel. Great beer.
Creatures of Magic, Burlington Beer Company: In my opinion, BBC has now ascended into the ranks of elite NE brewers. This is yet another great IPA from them. Of the 10-12 BBC beers I've tried thus far, the only misfire has been their single hop Galaxy release, which was pretty disappointing compared to similar efforts by Hill Farmstead and others.
Luminous Experimental Series #1, Ten Bends: Ten Bends is definitely a brewery to watch in the coming year. They are rapidly improving.
Edward, Hill Farmstead: Classic APA from one of the country's great brewers. HF never disappoints.
Super Session #7, Lawson's Finest Liquids: A pretty well balanced traditional IPA. I much prefer Super Session #8, which is more dank and interesting.
Lunch, Maine Beer Company: Good to have this on tap for a change. An older recipe, but still enjoyable.
Combover, Resilience: Decent IPA, nothing special. Not sure why it was on tap at the legendary Blackback Pub (Waterbury), which usually has a flawless beer list.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bells Hopsolution Ale DIPA and a bomber of Golden Nugget IPA from Toppling Goliath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I had the 2018 Wild Ale from New Glarus... one of the best sours I've had in a while. If you like sours and are in WI, give it a spin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Bells Hopsolution Ale DIPA and a bomber of Golden Nugget IPA from Toppling Goliath

I've got one of those sitting in my fridge right now! How is it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Went to Corridor for the old birthday today. I found Squeeze It to be way too sweet.

SqueezeIt definitely on the sweeter end. They should make Mosiac Monsoon or Juice Beyond as their flagship rather than SqueezeIt. But beer market is swerving to sugar/sweetness with the high demand for pastry stouts and NEIPAs.

Milkshake IPAs are getting huge as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I can't stand milkshake IPAs. Even the decent ones I've had, my immediate reaction is more along the lines of "well this wasn't as bad as it sounded on paper," rather than thinking they're actually really good.

I haven't tried any of the Brut IPAs which seem to be becoming a style too now. I'm pretty skeptical about them though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It was good. I hadn't had anything by that brewery in a while and for my money they are one of the best in the Midwest. If you had to pin me
down I would probably choose the Pompeii over the Golden Nugget but both are solid brews. Are you able to get them out East or do you trade
with someone?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It was good. I hadn't had anything by that brewery in a while and for my money they are one of the best in the Midwest. If you had to pin me
down I would probably choose the Pompeii over the Golden Nugget but both are solid brews. Are you able to get them out East or do you trade
with someone?

A lot of Toppling Goliath stuff has been pretty widely available in the Northeast since the spring. I agree with you--they are a fantastic brewery.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
I can't stand milkshake IPAs. Even the decent ones I've had, my immediate reaction is more along the lines of "well this wasn't as bad as it sounded on paper," rather than thinking they're actually really good.

I haven't tried any of the Brut IPAs which seem to be becoming a style too now. I'm pretty skeptical about them though.

I really liked the Frost Lushsicle Milkshake IPA. Most of the other ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me much.

Blackback recently had a Brut IPA by Four Quarters on tap. It didn't strike me as particularly memorable, but I was pretty hammered at that point. A lot of people at the bar seemed quite enthusiastic about it, though. Incidentally, I thought Four Quarters was pretty awful as of a year or two ago, but they're definitely on the rise now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

with someone?

A lot of Toppling Goliath stuff has been pretty widely available in the Northeast since the spring. I agree with you--they are a fantastic brewery.

I'm very curious to see how TG does long-term in the Northeast, as they just launched a couple of weeks ago in Connecticut. Same with Bell's.

I feel like they may both struggle just because so many people prefer going to breweries rather than stores these days, but I think both of them have enough name value that the hype will last a while (plus Bell's benefits from having more popular flagships like Two-Hearted that people consistently want in a way that they didn't for somewhere like Firestone-Walker for instance). I can see Toppling eventually petering out to around the Lawson's level (the distributed stuff), especially in Massachusetts, if only because the shelves are so crowded and they're kind of pricey.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

with someone?

I'm very curious to see how TG does long-term in the Northeast, as they just launched a couple of weeks ago in Connecticut. Same with Bell's.

I feel like they may both struggle just because so many people prefer going to breweries rather than stores these days, but I think both of them have enough name value that the hype will last a while (plus Bell's benefits from having more popular flagships like Two-Hearted that people consistently want in a way that they didn't for somewhere like Firestone-Walker for instance). I can see Toppling eventually petering out to around the Lawson's level (the distributed stuff), especially in Massachusetts, if only because the shelves are so crowded and they're kind of pricey.

It seems like the reaction to TG has been much more positive than the reaction to Bell's. In the New England beer groups I read, even the most provincial, doggedly insular New Englanders (roughly 95% of the region's population :wink: ) have expressed grudging respect for what TG is doing. In contrast, Bell's Oberon and Two Hearted have been classified as "shelf turds." Interestingly, the reputation of Sip of Sunshine has also plummeted since it became widely available not too long ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 pm 

I didn't think too much of the Bells Hopsolution Ale DIPA I had last weekend. It just wasn't anything special. There are two left in my
fridge and I may try to pawn them off on my step daughters boyfriend when they are here visiting this weekend. :lol: Not sure if he
even drinks beer as I've never met him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No offense Tbone, but given what you have posted here in the past about your stepdaughter, I'm sure this guy is a real winner :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
I didn't think too much of the Bells Hopsolution Ale DIPA I had last weekend. It just wasn't anything special. There are two left in my
fridge and I may try to pawn them off on my step daughters boyfriend when they are here visiting this weekend. :lol: Not sure if he

Is she back in school? Working? We need an update!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
No offense Tbone, but given what you have posted here in the past about your stepdaughter, I'm sure this guy is a real winner :lol:

Yeah, I don't really know what to expect. He is supposed to be a nice guy and graduating in December so I guess that is something. Trying to go
in with little to no expectations.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Is she back in school? Working? We need an update!

I don't really have much to even update as I really have tried to stay at more than an arms length regarding her and what is going on in her life.
She lives in Lincoln, NE so the distance has been helpful to me. The way her mom speaks, she is doing great and really done a 180 with herself.
Working two jobs and just moved into her own studio apartment. The people she works for have had a big influence on her and are small business
owners and successful. She turns 21 this week which is one of the reasons she is coming home for a long weekend. It should be relatively painless
since we are just taking them to dinner on Saturday evening. They are going to Lollapalooza on Friday night and then crashing at our house that
night so I guess we will see how it goes one day at a time. Again, I don't have any kind of high hopes but I have really tried to be more positive
about it so I will try that route and watch things play out. I'll know by Sunday at the golf tournament how it all went.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Are you still depriving the stepson of ice cream?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:15 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

:lol: No, that was just a one time thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Furious Styles wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm ready to declare this a top-3 Pale Ale: Elaborate Metaphor, Burlington Beer Company.

Tremendously soft mouthfeel, a little citrusy with some resinous and dank notes.

Highly sessionable.

A close to perfect summer beer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Have 5 gallons of Maplewood Son of Juice and Spiteful Lager on order for my daughter's birthday party next week...love Son of Juice...the lager is light and bland enough for my macro drinking family.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I always try to have a lager or Pils for when people who are macro drinkers come buy. I though pt done if the Oktoberfest beers I had would do once. Nope, too dark. I think I settled on Pony from half acre. It was available and easy enough and I could drink it. Hell from Surley as well. I’m out fot now but have cousins coming. Probably should just buy Miller lite for them as they’ll probably consume as much as I buy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Tall Midget wrote:

I'm ready to declare this a top-3 Pale Ale: Elaborate Metaphor, Burlington Beer Company.

Tremendously soft mouthfeel, a little citrusy with some resinous and dank notes.

Highly sessionable.

A close to perfect summer beer.

My NH guy was echoing your Burlington sentiments. I’m sure he will send me some. The box earlier this week was full of Dinner, Hill Farmstead and Foam. Top notch stuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 pm 

Of course Tall Midget would love Elaborate Metaphor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Gonna try Flesk this weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZbGKOAGL2/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 105  Next