It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Love to get burgers while signs yell at me not to do stuff I wasn't gonna do anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Is this one of those places that turns the music up to 11?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I'm right outside and can't hesr their shitty metal.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Too many fuckin' rules for me. When I'm spending my dough, I make the rules. Shove your overpriced burger up your fat tattooed ass.

Look at Rule #6, a snarky customer-unfriendly swipe at vegetarians. "We're so metal, punk, tattooed, and tough we only eat bloody meat. GRRRRRRR!!!"

The problem is now they're pimping a shitty vegan burger to kiss the ass of pussy vegan metal band Converge. I guess licking the balls of some band that stops in once is more important than accomodating potential regular customers.

Fuck this place.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Too many fuckin' rules for me. When I'm spending my dough, I make the rules. Shove your overpriced burger up your fat tattooed ass.

Look at Rule #6, a snarky customer-unfriendly swipe at vegetarians. "We're so metal, punk, tattooed, and tough we only eat bloody meat. GRRRRRRR!!!"

The problem is now they're pimping a shitty vegan burger to kiss the ass of pussy vegan metal band Converge. I guess licking the balls of some band that stops in once is more important than accomodating potential regular customers.

Fuck this place.

Those "rules" are so pretentious.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Our heavy metal hamburgers are very well thought out!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 pm 

It looks like you can enter with no shirt and no shoes and get service.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Fuck this place.

The guys who make that vegan burger are from a company called Impossible Foods in Northern California, they have been all over town the last couple weeks sampling it. We met with them. It's pretty good. The fact that it "bleeds" is the selling point, I guess. I liked that it comes to the restaurant in 5 or 10 lb. chubs, rather than patties, so you can portion it in line with your other menu items. I didn't like that it was not gluten free, a lot of times customers will have both of these dietary requests. I've seen 3 or 4 big burger places are picking it up. I knew Kuma's picked it up, but I didn't know they retrofit it into a special Burger of the Month with a vegan Metal band.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Maybe due to its off the path location, but the original Kuma's was a chill-spot to hang out first year or two, until the Check Please appearance. After that, the lines started to be intolerable. They had an outdoor deck that never seemed to have anyone on it. Prolly b/c your service fell off if you sat outside back then. Actually only found them early on b/c they were one of the first/only places that had Unibroue brews, both in bottle/on draft. Maudite, Trois Pistoles and La Fin Du Monde. Good stuff. Tried going to original Kuma's a few times post Check Please and hardly seemed worth the bother, unless you went super late on a weeknight.