It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
It's amazing how the Super Size documentary successfully stuck it to McDonald's. The funny thing is when the crazies on the news show up in Oak Brook demanding $15 an hour.

you know, on one hand i can say that back in the days of FDR's "new deal" the unofficial "social contract" was basically "work hard, graduate high school, keep your nose clean and the american [middle-class] dream can be yours" and for what it was at the time that seemed to work out pretty well. by the time we got to the 1980s and the "reagan revolution" there was a big shift in importance @ companies going from the workers to the CEOs/executives (you know, around the time that the "personnel" dept became the "human resources" dept; go figure a company that sees humans as a "resource" doesn't feel like it has any obligation to the community that it exists in) and the salaries of CEOs/execs relative to the average worker skyrocketed (you know, instead of making like 5-10 times more than the average employee they started making upwards of 50-100 times more, etc etc. basically the general idea was that the execs > all at a company and a workforce was just, indeed, a "human resource" as opposed to "what makes this company great")

so yeah, you know while i can't necessarily sit here and say that society 100% owes everyone an express lane to a middle class life with little to no effort (tho it's a nice thought that will probably get you elected president =), at the same time i CAN say that i see where the general idea of "a living wage" comes from. that said, man, it's just kinda brilliant how the powers that be have got people comfortably above minimum wage (but nowhere near $$$CEO WAGES$$) to fight for their cause and feel closer to them than "minimum wage people" and turn around and scoff at people at the bottom wanting more because "this is somehow gonna affect me!"

truth be told, it probably WOULD affect them more than it would the people at the top of the economic/financial food chain... suffice to say if more $$$ goes to people at the bottom it isn't going to come out of CEO/executive compensation because they're the most important people in the company FFS! they're what makes it great! golden parachutes for everyone in their private jets! and, of course, "taxes are for poor people!" =D

b-but still.... man. you're a lot closer to the people at the bottom than you are at the top; never forget that!

</tangent>

TLDR = scooter is totally onto something here. the man is a sage!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
They have bigger ones now!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:05 pm 

Let's see how effective advertising really is now. Something no one has wanted now in different sizes;but heavily pushed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
I've been craving a Big Mac since the new sizes came out. I'm good for a Big Mac once a year or so. I don't eat much fast food, but when I do, I go for the Big Mac.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:16 pm 

i equate literally everything mcdonalds serves as plastic. not plastic food, but actual plastic. even their ketsup tastes like candy.

burger king or wendys is better, but that stuff also makes you sick. but at least it tastes halfway normal.

the only fast food i can stomach is culvers... or, if im fucked up ill do taco bell if i have to

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
never had one. years ago i was known to eat a 2xQP....years &years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
McDonald's burgers get better as the ratio of "beef" to other stuff goes down...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 am 

i was an extremely picky eater growing up and big macs never appealed to me. but i still had one because my mom got me mcdonalds for lunch once and brought it to school for me...i sucked it up and tried to eat it. i couldn't finish it.

since then, i probably could take another crack at it. but every time i've gone, i could think of a lot of other sandwiches i'd rather have. the qp deluxe (the new big and tasty, basically) is pretty damn good. sorry big mac.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Back in the day...70's?...they had contests to see who could say "2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" fastest.

I swear that was a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:02 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Back in the day...70's?...they had contests to see who could say "2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" fastest.

Who ignores Dr Ken? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
In 92 or 93 they had 2 Big Macs or two egg mcmuffins for two bucks. I used to get them for lunch but I don't think I've had one since. Switched to the double QP when they came out. No desire in trying the mega mac.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:41 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Regular Reader wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Who ignores Dr Ken? :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
In 92 or 93 they had 2 Big Macs or two egg mcmuffins for two bucks. I used to get them for lunch but I don't think I've had one since. Switched to the double QP when they came out. No desire in trying the mega mac.

Here's the problem with the Grand Mac- the Big Mac is a perfect sandwich, the ratio of the ingredients could not be better. I rarely go to McDonald's anymore outside of an occasional breakfast, but I tried the bigger version and it's just not quite right. For the same reason I never order a jumbo dog. The bigger hot dog throws off the condiment ratio.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:22 pm 

I tried thr Grand Mac last night and couldn't eat it. I don't know if it was the sandwich or I just hadn't had a Big Mac in so long that I don't have a taste for them anymore. I used told like regular Big Macs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
I tried thr Grand Mac last night and couldn't eat it. I don't know if it was the sandwich or I just hadn't had a Big Mac in so long that I don't have a taste for them anymore. I used told like regular Big Macs.

Wow. So beta.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:35 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Wow. So beta.

I won't argue with you on this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
You might be right about that jorr, I have always found I'd rather eat two normal vs one jumbo because of that ratio. I almost never go to McDonalds for anything but the occasional sausage egg mcmuffin so I guess I'm not the target demo anyways. If I'm going to subject my stomach to fast food McDonald's is not a top destination for lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I typically go dollar menu at mcdonalds...big mac jr looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
The grand mac was perfect for me because I eat my Big Mac's like someone in a psych ward. I eat the top half as a regular burger (top bun to the middle bun). Then I take the bottom half and fold it like a taco and eat it. The bottom half just gets loaded with sauce and cheese and its delicious. The top half on the regular doesn't have enough meat but with the grand mac, its balanced out properly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:14 pm 

Disagree on the proportions of the BMac. I like to take it apart, lose the middle bun and a fair amount of the lettuce...then add one or two ketchup packs...I've had them add bacon to it too...which is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
The grand mac was perfect for me because I eat my Big Mac's like someone in a psych ward. I eat the top half as a regular burger (top bun to the middle bun). Then I take the bottom half and fold it like a taco and eat it. The bottom half just gets loaded with sauce and cheese and its delicious. The top half on the regular doesn't have enough meat but with the grand mac, its balanced out properly.

Yeah, haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing the proportions are much better now. It also seems like they've shrunk the BMac burger patties over the years. I'm sure BK has done that with their Double Cheeseburgers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
GoldenJet wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yeah, haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing the proportions are much better now. It also seems like they've shrunk the BMac burger patties over the years. I'm sure BK has done that with their Double Cheeseburgers.

I think that could be true.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
GoldenJet wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

BK double cheese is great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:20 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I have never had a Big Mac.

My sister, however, made the state finals in the mid-70s for speed-reciting the "Two all-beef patties..." slogan-thing.

lulz...guess I should have actually looked at page one of this thread.

:oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Just had one for lunch. Still the best fast food burger.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
McDowell's wouldn't pull this kind of shit.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I love the golden arcs!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Biggest problem I have with the big mac is that you can't eat it in the car. Too messy. I can get the same rat meat taste from a cheeseburger and not have it dropping whatever that secret sauce crap is all over my pants so I look like I spluged everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:

That's the fattest thing I've ever read on this board.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

That's the fattest thing I've ever read on this board.
:lol: I was just going to post something like that. No wonder your kid didn't want you to run around naked. Better sign up for an angioplasty now, Hankus.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next