It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:
I get a craving for a BigMac once a year or so.

Sounds about right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Everyone's frame of reference has changed. The rise of "fast casual" has shown there's a between in fast food versus sitdown restaurant burger.

MANY are willing to spend the few bucks extra for a better quality burger with a slightly longer wait time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Kirkwood wrote:
Everyone's frame of reference has changed. The rise of "fast casual" has shown there's a between in fast food versus sitdown restaurant burger.

MANY are willing to spend the few bucks extra for a better quality burger with a slightly longer wait time.

yea exactly- the place i've been pimping lately (Manzo's Burger), a combo w/ a pop is ~8$
and that's a fresh, all-natural beef patty, fresh baked brioche bun and fresh cut fries......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
the biggest problem w/ the Big Mac is the ratio of meat to bread
BK solved this in the 90's with the Big King, that was basically just a double cheeseburger w/ the sauce, but then it got discontinued and now bums won't even eat BK anyways
The Whopper used to be my favorite fast food item. The quality seemed to go down with everyone one I had in the past 10 years to the point I'm not sure I'll order one again. I don't know if my tastes changed or the quality went way downhill.

I was a quarter pounder guy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Yeah,that's what I hear on the streets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
I haven't had one in 20 years

I don't think I've had one in 25 years. I did recently consume a quarter pounder with cheese for the first time in 5 years, though, and that was garbage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
jimmypasta wrote:

Rand Road?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Furious Styles wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Rand Road?

He meant cul de sacs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 am 

Why would anyone seek out a Big Mac when there are MANY higher quality burger chains out there now?

McDonald's has it's place. I'll grab a couple cheeseburgers for a late night bite, or maybe a McDouble on the go, but I sure as shit ain't shelling out $4 for this turd sandwich.

Last edited by Douchebag on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't find this hard to believe. I've never had one.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Telegram Sam wrote:

I think I just posted this in the lunch thread a couple of weeks ago...

I just had my first Big Mac ever then. It was 2 for $5 so I decided to try it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
actually makes sense to me. Think about it, when's the last time you even heard an advertisement for a Big Mac?

20 years ago McD used to actively promote the Big Mac, nowadays I think they look at it as an old school menu option/novelty more than anything else.

I'm not surprised that millennials, who were born during a time when people were really starting to pay attention to what they ate, have never had a Big Mac. hell, I haven't had one in over 20 years which is longer than most millenials have been alive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:33 pm 

shakes wrote:
actually makes sense to me. Think about it, when's the last time you even heard an advertisement for a Big Mac?

20 years ago McD used to actively promote the Big Mac, nowadays I think they look at it as an old school menu option/novelty more than anything else.

I'm not surprised that millennials, who were born during a time when people were really starting to pay attention to what they ate, have never had a Big Mac. hell, I haven't had one in over 20 years which is longer than most millenials have been alive.

Millennials are as old as 35 Id say...and no younger than around 16 or so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

35 seems a little old...more like 30-32, tops.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:37 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

Well, had to be a 'kid' / underage in 2000...so that would be 34 now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:39 pm 

IMU wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

Well, had to be a 'kid' / underage in 2000...so that would be 34 now.

Ok

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Are there any other burgers that have:

a) shredded lettuce
b) three layers of bun?

I'm a once-a-year Big Mac guy...though I wish you could get it with Pepper Jack cheese instead of American.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Are there any other burgers that have:

a) shredded lettuce
b) three layers of bun?

I'm a once-a-year Big Mac guy...though I wish you could get it with Pepper Jack cheese instead of American.

I don't know if there are any around but the Big Boy restaurant Big Boy burger is virtually identical.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
never had a big mac. Hate dressing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/off ... tone_n.htm

FOND DU LAC, Wisconsin (AP) — A retired prison guard ate his 25,000th Big Mac on Tuesday, 39 years to the day after eating his first … nine.

Don Gorske was honored after reaching the meaty milestone during a ceremony at a McDonald's in his hometown of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Surely McDonald's most loyal customer, Guinness World Records recognized Gorske's feat three years and 2,000 Big Macs ago, and the 57-year-old says he has no desire to stop.

"I plan on eating Big Macs until I die," he said. "I have no intentions of changing. It's still my favorite food. Nothing has changed in 39 years. I look forward to it every day."

The sign beneath the golden arches Tuesday read "Congrats Don Gorske 25000 Big Macs."

Before he ate No. 25,000, he showed dozens of onlookers many of the different styles of cartons he has collected over the years and other Big Mac-related stories.

Before biting into the sandwich, he said, "It's been seven years since 20,000. Same thing goes this year folks. You can't have the carton and it probably still takes 16 bites for me to finish a Big Mac."

The crowd erupted into applause.

Gorske, who appeared in the 2004 documentary "Super Size Me," which examined the fast food industry, looks nothing like one might expect of a fast food junkie. He's trim and walks regularly for exercise, and he attributes his build to being "hyperactive." He said he was recently given a clean bill of health and that his cholesterol is low.

Gorske's obsession with the burger — two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun, for those not familiar with the once-ubiquitous ads — started May 17, 1972, when he bought three Big Macs to celebrate the purchase of a new car. He was hooked, and went back to McDonald's twice more that day, eating nine before they closed.

He's only gone eight days since without a Big Mac, and most days he eats two. Among the reasons he skipped a day was to grant his mother a dying wish. His last Big Mac-less day was Thanksgiving 2000, when he forgot to stock up and the store was closed for the holiday.

Gorske said he loves numbers and counting things and was inspired to start counting his burgers because McDonald's noted how many hamburgers were served on their sign.

He said he is probably obsessive compulsive and that he likes repetition and doesn't like change. He said he's kept many of the Big Mac boxes and receipts over the years, and has noted his purchases in calendars he's kept.

McDonald's says there are 540 calories in a Big Mac, which is more than a quarter of the calories a person on a 2,000-calorie diet would consume. The burger also contains 29 grams of fat and 1,040 grams of sodium, which are both more than 40 percent of the Food and Drug Administration's daily recommended value for a 2,000-calorie diet.

Tara Gidus, a registered dietitian in Florida, said she wouldn't recommend Gorske's Big Mac diet, and that he's likely stayed relatively healthy because of good genetics and because he doesn't order a lot of extras, such as fries and sodas.

She said the Big Mac provides protein and grains, which the body needs, and that she would be "less concerned about the bad stuff in the Big Mac and more concerned about the good stuff he's missing," such as fruits and vegetables.

Gorske said he normally buys six on Monday and eight on Thursday and freezes or refrigerates them and warms them when he wants to eat them, so he doesn't have to run to the restaurant all the time.

Gorske said he likes other foods, including bratwurst and lobsters, but that he loves Big Macs and his wife Mary, a nurse, never has to worry about making him a meal.

"I really do enjoy every Big Mac," he said.

He said his wife jokes about ending his streak.

"She says … when she has to put them in a blender, it's over," he said.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:52 pm 

Fucking Wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I do miss the old polystyrene (?) burger cartons McDonald's had in the old days. Seemed to keep the buns moister.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I do miss the old polystyrene (?) burger cartons McDonald's had in the old days. Seemed to keep the buns moister.

why would you want a wet bun ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:08 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

why would you want a wet bun ?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
When the McDouble was only $1, I would get a McDouble + Mac Sauce once a month or so. Not as much bread and no lettuce, and it only cost $1.30 at most locations.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:27 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
I haven't had one in 20 years

I don't think I've had one in 25 years. I did recently consume a quarter pounder with cheese for the first time in 5 years, though, and that was garbage.

Same here, it must have been a "prize" in a '92 Olympics game or something, as I doubt I ever bought one.But then again, I really can't eat much McDonald's anymore. It's when I first realized I was getting old. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Colonel Angus wrote:
Is Big Mac code for some sex thing.

if you like picking up chicks at overeaters anonymous, then yeah.

btw, i've never tried being "gender fluid" at any point in my life, so i reckon that balances everything out with the millennials and big macs; personally i like to think i'm slightly better off because of this, and i'm going to celebrate that fact with a big mac =D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Order a Mc Double and have them put Mc sauce on it. Instant big Mac without the third bun costs .50 extra. Done this for years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's amazing how the Super Size documentary successfully stuck it to McDonald's. The funny thing is when the crazies on the news show up in Oak Brook demanding $15 an hour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next