It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:24 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
The worst would be the couple of times I have been sick on NYE and did nothing. A couple years ago I didn't even make it til midnight.

I was sick as a dog for Y2K. That was the year I had a crazy 19 year old girlfriend. She was in Italy on a school trip. :lol: She called me all wasted and said, "Buon anno!"

In '92 I went to a couple of parties, unfortunately I got really hammered at the first and didn't realize/care that the Amazon host of the second party's indecent proposal was serious and made relatively sober. I still kick myself over THAT one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
11:55PM NYE 1985. Our daughter was born.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
If your wife could've held on for 5 more minutes, your daughter could've been the first baby born in 1986.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
If your wife could've held on for 5 more minutes, your daughter could've been the first baby born in 1986.

She opted for the tax deduction.

If I remember correctly, the first child that year was born like 15 seconds after midnight.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Did an all inclusive at a really sort. 300 per couple . it was nice me and the gf are drank . next morning ate and drank more it was nice.

Worse was the year she wanted to do the downtown thing. I got us ties for Excalibur. Too many damn people.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
New Years Eve used to be Dick Clark and his big ball. Me and big 8 ball. Now on call and asleep hoping phone does not ring. Boring. And sweet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
chaspoppcap wrote:
Did an all inclusive at a really sort. 300 per couple . it was nice me and the gf are drank . next morning ate and drank more it was nice.

Worse was the year she wanted to do the downtown thing. I got us ties for Excalibur. Too many damn people.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:57 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
The worst would be the couple of times I have been sick on NYE and did nothing. A couple years ago I didn't even make it til midnight.

I was sick as a dog for Y2K. That was the year I had a crazy 19 year old girlfriend. She was in Italy on a school trip. :lol: She called me all wasted and said, "Buon anno!"

In '92 I went to a couple of parties, unfortunately I got really hammered at the first and didn't realize/care that the Amazon host of the second party's indecent proposal was serious and made relatively sober. I still kick myself over THAT one.

Did she rock your world?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:12 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Best was 2006 or 2007. Can't remember which. A couple buddies and I flew to DC to meet up with our close friend who was stationed in Norfolk. Went to the Skins/Cowboys game on 12/30. Skins won and clinched a playoff berth. My lone time at FedEx, so seeing them beat Dallas was extra special. For NYE, we all went to Baltimore to some club. My really drunk buddy and I were talking to these two girls. One was wearing a shirt that tied under her boobs and poofed out as it went down. Well, my buddy rubs her stomach and says "congrats." She obviously wasn't pregnant and was extremely angry, but more so the cut of the shirt. Goes without saying, but we struck out with those two. This same guy had a gambling addiction from which he was recovering. He ends up dropping $250 on two bottles of champagne at midnight. He then pulls out his cash and starts bragging about carrying $1,200. Knowing his history, I take the cash. He didn't even remember this the next day when I gave it back to him. Anyway, back at the hotel. I'm first to wake up around 6 am. Didn't want to wake the others, so I grab the car keys (we had my buddy's uncle's car) and run to McDonald's for hangover medicine. I get back and tell my buddy the car smells hot. Guess I drove the entire way with the parking brake on. Who the hell utilizes a parking brake in an automatic on a flat surface? Apparently the guy who's used to driving a stick. We all had a good laugh. I think the car was okay.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Some 40 years ago Derf and I had to work on NYE....he said we'd go home shower and change and he'd pick me up at 7. Well hop in his car and 2 blocks from home got T-boned by a drunk .....the last time I ever went out on NYE .So sorry it wasn't as interesting as going to a concert and smoking a big fat jay :cry:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Last year our cat was sick, and while he ended up home and OK by evening,y wife and i were so drained that we werr asleep by 11-1130.

Today, Im sick. So these 2 back to back kinda suck.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My wife and I had our first date on NYE 1989, pizza and drinks, hung out at her place talking all night.

She would no doubt consider it the worst mistake/experience of her entire life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One NYE in the early 80s my friends and I drove around drinking beer and smoking weed in my Toyota Celica because we had no girls.

you know, i was gonna toss out that my most "memorable" new years eve experience was just that, hanging out with my friend tim and his good friend, chicago underground rap's very own robust.... and even tho it wasn't like "BAWWW WE CAN'T GET GIRLS SO LET'S DRIVE AROUND AND SMOKE WEED GUYS" it ended up that me, tim, "robigga" and i think maybe 1-2 other people packed my.... wait for it.... 94 celica GT and we kind of drove around, kicked some freestyle raps... i got to play my favorite dnb mix for tim (a british guy who was making drum and bass mixes at the time... i'll never forget when i play the first ~10-15mins of e-z rollers ive in vienna (where the lady roller sings the weekend world lyrics on top of the supreme calyx remix of the e-z rollers' weekend world [my favorite dnb track ever] and tim was just so quintessentially british when he saw how much i loved that mix part and offered up an "umm, the mixing's slow m8" and i was just all kinds of =] at it.

before that night and after that night i went to parties and wahtnot, but i never remember any of them really cuz new years eve is overrated as hell. hoestly, everyone and their mom is out there tryharding the deal [and usually getting plastered] so i often see nights like that as "save my bullets for other "rank-n-file" weekends where less people are out and about. disco stu don't need to advertise, you know?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Both kids woke up puking today. This one's gonna be great!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Got dr urunk as fuck and went ice skating on our friend's lake. Wife asks if I ever ice skated before. Yes of course I say. I immediately fall hard and fuck up my shoulder for a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Killer V wrote:

That was last Saturday at my house. Good times.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One NYE in the early 80s my friends and I drove around drinking beer and smoking weed in my Toyota Celica because we had no girls.

you know, i was gonna toss out that my most "memorable" new years eve experience was just that, hanging out with my friend tim and his good friend, chicago underground rap's very own robust.... and even tho it wasn't like "BAWWW WE CAN'T GET GIRLS SO LET'S DRIVE AROUND AND SMOKE WEED GUYS" it ended up that me, tim, "robigga" and i think maybe 1-2 other people packed my.... wait for it.... 94 celica GT and we kind of drove around, kicked some freestyle raps... i got to play my favorite dnb mix for tim (a british guy who was making drum and bass mixes at the time... i'll never forget when i play the first ~10-15mins of e-z rollers ive in vienna (where the lady roller sings the weekend world lyrics on top of the supreme calyx remix of the e-z rollers' weekend world [my favorite dnb track ever] and tim was just so quintessentially british when he saw how much i loved that mix part and offered up an "umm, the mixing's slow m8" and i was just all kinds of =] at it.

before that night and after that night i went to parties and wahtnot, but i never remember any of them really cuz new years eve is overrated as hell. hoestly, everyone and their mom is out there tryharding the deal [and usually getting plastered] so i often see nights like that as "save my bullets for other "rank-n-file" weekends where less people are out and about. disco stu don't need to advertise, you know?

Nobody actually ever says, "BAWWW WE CAN'T GET GIRLS SO LET'S DRIVE AROUND AND SMOKE WEED GUYS". Sometimes it's just a fact of life.

Mine was a '76 Celica GT. I loved that car.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Killer V wrote:

oh man, that reminds me of new years eve.... uhhh... heading into 2003 methinks? i was working 2 jobs at the time and clearling like $900-1200 every 2 weeks so i was "doing well" in life (relative to being an aimless ~22 year old) so that new years coulda been great... plus there was a big NYE party down the street from me, which is absolutely priceless in elk grove village FFS...

...but i ended up getting one of those inner-ear-infections i used to suffer as a kid and it hit me proper horrorshow. imagine your ear being muffled and pressurized with a side of pain pain PAIN.... it hit me so hard that i was essentially bedridden all day (and vh1 was running a marathon of, uhhh, the very first iteration of i love the 90s methinks? yeah i got to find out who michael ian black was and got to hate him accordingly because of this) --- so i ended up sleeping through a big party blowout (where someone either DID fuck amy 0rtmanns or at least tried to... i was getting calls with deets about these amy stories like WHERE ARE YOU DUDE?!?! but i was down for the coun")

and then that night tim richard died. he actually got a hotel room at the hampton inn at oakton/busse(83) in the elk grove industrial park border, and he did that because he was partying at famous freddy's (nee dum[b]as[s] walker's, now morteei's methinks?] which was just down the street from the hampton inn.... however you had to walk along a ~35-40mph road not designed for pedestrians.... and when he went to cross busse at one point some drunk illegal immigrant plowed into him and killed him. i think everyone found out dude was illegal cuz he immediately fled the scene and came back with his [legal] wife, who claimed she was driving when she hit tim.

as an aside, wow, that's a pretty damn good wife, right? take the blame for possible DUI/vehicular-manslaughter? for your illegal immigrant man?

#MarryThatOne
#AnchorBabiesAweigh
#GhostOfJimmyRearDumb

so yeha, the one NYE i properly missed back during my "social era" (read: i was suburban enough to have a car) = not only did i miss an awesome party down the block.... not only did i get calls about pursuing/nailing[?] the most average woman in the history of Average (yes, that's Average with a capital a**) --- but then i find out that maybe, just maybe, if i had went over to freddy's with a few ppl who left rich's party [the one down my block] there's a chance that tim richard might still be alive? i wouldn't have let him drunkenly walk to his hotel, and my drinking policy of "the rule of 6's" during my driving epochs = i woulda definitely been good to take him back cuz i'm far from a binge drinker, esp when driving. man, thinking about that shit could drive you insane [see my post history for evidence of this phenomenon]

i tell you what.... esp on a night where the irony = the only reason he died was because he responsibly got the nearest hotel to the bar he was gonna NYE-drink at-- you wanna say something like god works in mysterious ways, eh? where my board athiests at to torch-n-pitchfork this dude out of the ethereal almighty?

btw, i wanna toss in taht tim richard was 1 of 2 weed dealers who'd trade me an eighth-to-quarter of nugs (~$60-120 value, albeit not at their volume prices) for ~10 burned pirated dreamcast games (during the 01-02 era where dreamcast basically covered my weed bills for like ~9-15 months. that's one reason i'm forever a sega guy!) tim requested the hell out of the bass fishing one and totally popped/marked-the-fuck-out when i gave it to him. he once told me "dude, it's like christmas morning every time you come over with games" to which i could only retort "and hey, you certainly brought the christmas trees so it's a match made in the north pole? now what can we do about the ho ho ho part?' --- #RIP Tim Richard!

** = to give you an idea of how average ol girl was, at one point she had an AOL/AIM nickname Love7881 because, [drum roll], she was born on july 8th 1981. how original is that? one time she was chatting me up on AIm and the conversation got really tiresome really quick so figuring she didnt know about trillian (or aim express for that matter) and that you could use two screen names at the same time, i quickly registered an AIM name "Lame7881" and proceeded to lovingly mock her from there [nothing serious, just some "ballbusting" like groups of guys tend to do] --- the most hilarious part was when she started complaining to me about Lame7881 like "who could it be?" and i said "uhhhh i think it's phil harris or something?" only to find out that she actually was cheating on my boy Ray with Phil Harris, so it ended up being like UBER-LOL and she ended up thinking that ray was Lame7881.... if only she knew, eh? =D

</storytimewithsini> aka </notmyblog>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I forgot about the NYE when I went to a party in a warehouse at Hooker & Halsted. We met at the home of some friends at 14th & Michigan and a bunch of us cabbed it over to the party. This was in the dark ages before Uber. It didn't really occur to us just how difficult it was going to be to get a taxi at 2:00 a.m. with 300 other dopes pouring out of the warehouse at the same time. It seemed hopeless. I decided I was going to walk and get the car. I kind of underestimated just how far it was. At least it was relatively warm that year. I remember I wasn't even wearing a top coat. I finally caught a cab at Grant Park. When I got back to the warehouse the only people left were my girlfriend and her two friends. She was crying as if I had returned from war.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
A couple guys I was with tried to break into Holy Name and then we ended up at a party on Broadway where we ended up taking the free gay bus through the neighborhood partying.

That was a unique experience....for me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:20 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I wasn't even wearing a top coat.

Savage

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
A number of folks in Turkey are having their worst presently ... https://www.reddit.com/live/y6zjarev84vq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
A couple guys I was with tried to break into Holy Name and then we ended up at a party on Broadway where we ended up taking the free gay bus through the neighborhood partying.

That was a unique experience....for me.

:lol: