It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grain free
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:07 pm 

Been doing it now for 2 months

Not easy. Grain is everywhere

But it does work. I can feel the stress off my body from processing sugars.

Anyone else do it?

Post subject: Re: Grain free
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I did it about 3 years ago. Very strict the first 2 months and then I let myself work back into it with alcohol and the occasional fried food. I lost about 40 lbs but it isn't very practical. You gain the weight back FAST once you re-introduce it and you will re-introduce it sooner or later.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
IkeSouth wrote:
Been doing it now for 2 months

Not easy. Grain is everywhere

But it does work. I can feel the stress off my body from processing sugars.

Anyone else do it?

Was the 400mg of mescaline part of the diet?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 pm 

I would rather die.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
no alcohol. that must be fun.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Go oxygen free, Ike.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
My wife did some crazy diet like that years ago for some reason. While I didn't follow it while outside the walls of the house I didn't bring things into the house that weren't diet approved as I didn't want to tempt her with refined flour. Dinner sucked but at least she doesn't like beer or whiskey so my drinking was unencumbered. But no bread or potatoes I was terrible.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:22 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
My wife did some crazy diet like that years ago for some reason. While I didn't follow it while outside the walls of the house I didn't bring things into the house that weren't diet approved as I didn't want to tempt her with refined flour. Dinner sucked but at least she doesn't like beer or whiskey so my drinking was unencumbered. But no bread or potatoes I was terrible.

Potatoes are not grain... Your wife was prob on a low carb diet.

Im not 100% grain free, like Hank said it's pretty much impossible to be. I still drink beer on the weekends and eat corn chips... But no bread, pasta or cereal or baked goods... Its still very limiting. It's mostly raw or fried veggies and turkey or chicken, and potatoes. And some dairy like cheese or sour cream. I just wanted to cut my sugar levels to minimal and I've done that... It's weird because I always thought eating whole grain bread was better than White but it's not, it's still a sugar booster. Cutting out the breads/flours level me out a lot... I don't feel ups and downs as much.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Im not 100% grain free, like Hank said it's pretty much impossible to be. I still drink beer on the weekends and eat corn chips... But no bread, pasta or cereal or baked goods... Its still very limiting. It's mostly raw or fried veggies and turkey or chicken, and potatoes. And some dairy like cheese or sour cream. I just wanted to cut my sugar levels to minimal and I've done that... It's weird because I always thought eating whole grain bread was better than White but it's not, it's still a sugar booster. Cutting out the breads/flours level me out a lot... I don't feel ups and downs as much.

It was worse than low carb but of course potatoes aren't grain. It was just one of the many no nos on the food list. I mean.. shit it was awful. I'm not sure what she ate as everything was off limits but she claimed to feel better on it. Wants to do it again but I'm pretty sure there would be a whole house rebellion. She's doing a no grain one now along with a few other things. I think it's no dairy, no eggs.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

It was worse than low carb but of course potatoes aren't grain. It was just one of the many no nos on the food list. I mean.. shit it was awful. I'm not sure what she ate as everything was off limits but she claimed to feel better on it. Wants to do it again but I'm pretty sure there would be a whole house rebellion. She's doing a no grain one now along with a few other things. I think it's no dairy, no eggs.

I mean no grain, no dairy... There isn't much left besides veggies and meat. Which is fine, but it gets boring quick.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 pm 

Exactly. To me it's a recipe for failure when you limit yourself that much.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
I have lost 15 lbs in the last month by just not drinking soda and eating more fruits and veggies. Trying to eat less and better food. Instead of a whole pizza I have a slice. No Klondike bars in freezer helps also I can just get going on those and they gone. Baby steps. 200 in Jan now 185. Goal 175. Pant size 36 now down to 34 goal 32.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line