It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Downtown Riverwalk?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Wife wants to check it out this weekend. Anything worth seeing/doing/eating/drinking? Were partial to imbibing outdoors.

Post subject: Re: Downtown Riverwalk?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
There's two bars, Tiny Tapp (formerly Tiny Hatt) and a City Winery. City Winery in particular is jam packed if temps are over 70 and the sun is even partly out, there's a transient dock on the river there so it kind of becomes an inland version of the playpen. Tiny Hatt is usually less busy, but if the weather is nice it can get pretty slammed as well.

O'Briens and Island Tiki Party place (it has a name, I don't know what it is really) are on the river but not on the newly redone riverwalk. The Tiki place borders central auto pound, fyi.

I work on the boats downtown, going by these places all the time. On workdays after 5 the women frequenting Tiny Tapp and City Winery are pretty hot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Been to the West Loop Randolph / restaurant row location for City Winery many a time; didn't even know they had a 2nd Second City location. Riesling on tap needs to be more of a thing. Recall Omaha bars, even divey / sports bars, for whatever reason, having champagne on tap. I blame/credit Conor Oberst.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
America wrote:
There's two bars, Tiny Tapp (formerly Tiny Hatt) and a City Winery. City Winery in particular is jam packed if temps are over 70 and the sun is even partly out, there's a transient dock on the river there so it kind of becomes an inland version of the playpen. Tiny Hatt is usually less busy, but if the weather is nice it can get pretty slammed as well.

O'Briens and Island Tiki Party place (it has a name, I don't know what it is really) are on the river but not on the newly redone riverwalk. The Tiki place borders central auto pound, fyi.

I work on the boats downtown, going by these places all the time. On workdays after 5 the women frequenting Tiny Tapp and City Winery are pretty hot.

Why are white people drawn to water like moths to a flame? And don't say it's to avoid balcks because they can't swim.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Why are white people drawn to water like moths to a flame? And don't say it's to avoid balcks because they can't swim.

I was thinking about this in relation to all of the flooding stories. You notice how its always white people being shown with their houses flooded? Like we haven't figured out yet not to live by a river. You never see black people saying, "this is the third worst 100 year flood we have had in the last five years of living here!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

I was thinking about this in relation to all of the flooding stories. You notice how its always white people being shown with their houses flooded? Like we haven't figured out yet not to live by a river. You never see black people saying, "this is the third worst 100 year flood we have had in the last five years of living here!"

Katrina?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza

I was reading an article from the Daily Herald where some guy from Gurnee was bitching about dealing with his 3rd flood in 12 years. He was complaining about the government not doing something about the flooding.

How this shit-for-brains hasn't figured out the simplest and obvious answer to be "move" astounds me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Kirkwood wrote:

I was reading an article from the Daily Herald where some guy from Gurnee was bitching about dealing with his 3rd flood in 12 years. He was complaining about the government not doing something about the flooding.

So, I live in the non-flooded part of Gurnee (West side, bitches). We still have a little pond in my neighborhood, and a culvert that guides a stream under a walking path to the playground. So, whenever we get decent rain, that culvert overflows, and especially last week, that walking path had a river streaming over it.

The people that have backyards that border it could see the water encroaching on their backyards (prarie view and no other houses behind them, but they also have walkout basements, so they were concerned about water coming up to their sliding glass doors, but whatever).

Anyway, my wife is on the HOA, and she gets an email from one of the clowns over in that area...asking what the board can do about stopping the water...like stopping the water during the deluge Wednesday morning.

People are dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

So, I live in the non-flooded part of Gurnee (West side, bitches). We still have a little pond in my neighborhood, and a culvert that guides a stream under a walking path to the playground. So, whenever we get decent rain, that culvert overflows, and especially last week, that walking path had a river streaming over it.

The people that have backyards that border it could see the water encroaching on their backyards (prarie view and no other houses behind them, but they also have walkout basements, so they were concerned about water coming up to their sliding glass doors, but whatever).

Anyway, my wife is on the HOA, and she gets an email from one of the clowns over in that area...asking what the board can do about stopping the water...like stopping the water during the deluge Wednesday morning.

People are dumb.

She should have responded thusly:

Hi Neighbor!

My suggestion is:

Regards,

Mrs. sjboyd0137

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Kirkwood wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

People are dumb.

She should have responded thusly:

Hi Neighbor!

My suggestion is:

Regards,

Mrs. sjboyd0137

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I told her she should play politics...there is an ongoing issue over whether or not fences will be allowed in the neighborhood. The last vote tally was 1 vote short of allowing them. As we live on the corner, and have a dog and 2 small kids, we want a fence. I told her she should respond that she would try and get some relief out to him if he agreed to change his vote on the fence (the entire cul-de-sac voted no as they didn't want to ruin their views of the grass, apparently)