It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Dawson
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Stopped by before and after going to Windy City Smokeout. Restaurant/bar on Grand and Halsted across from Piccolo Sogno. The embodiment of a Lincoln Park Trixie's Pinterest/Instagram with wood and steel decor. The patio is spacious and has the in vogue Edison bulb string lights. A great place to be seen. The brunch crowd is a essentially tables full of basic bitches having sorority reunions.

Beer is tad overpriced - $7-$8 for craft beer. Cocktails were robbery. A Woodford Manhattan was $14 and there was a $2 (!) surcharge for ordering "up".

Didn't order any food but nothing caught my eye. If you go starter/entree you're looking at $50/plate. Rather spend a little more for a nice steak dinner.

Post subject: Re: The Dawson
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The patio is good on a nice summer night. I've been there a few times, usually after dinner at La Scarola. I'm more of a Richard's Bar kind of guy myself, but most of the women I know are appalled by Richard's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Bagels wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The patio is good on a nice summer night. I've been there a few times, usually after dinner at La Scarola. I'm more of a Richard's Bar kind of guy myself, but most of the women I know are appalled by Richard's.

Ya, that patio is nice and drives a ton of business. Agreed, I'd go to Clover, Emmit's or Richard's before Dawson if I wanted just grab a drink.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
I went to The Dawson on a date once. It was a later dinner and incredibly dim inside. Only a small candle on the table with scant overhead lighting. Could barely read the menu and I'm relatively young. The waitress sold me on a ribeye special. Since I literally didn't see much else on the menu, I went with that. The $50 steak was a bit of a surprise, but it was actually well worth it. It was enormous and I enjoyed some for lunch the next day. I'm more of a filet guy than ribeye, but this was the best ribeye I've had. Perfect balance of fat and meat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Stopped by before and after going to Windy City Smokeout. Restaurant/bar on Grand and Halsted across from Piccolo Sogno. The embodiment of a Lincoln Park Trixie's Pinterest/Instagram with wood and steel decor. The patio is spacious and has the in vogue Edison bulb string lights. A great place to be seen. The brunch crowd is a essentially tables full of basic bitches having sorority reunions.

Beer is tad overpriced - $7-$8 for craft beer. Cocktails were robbery. A Woodford Manhattan was $14 and there was a $2 (!) surcharge for ordering "up".

Didn't order any food but nothing caught my eye. If you go starter/entree you're looking at $50/plate. Rather spend a little more for a nice steak dinner.

That ain't Lincoln Park. You should have just waited and gone to Applebee's in your far flung suburb.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

That ain't Lincoln Park. You should have just waited and gone to Applebee's in your far flung suburb.

Read more carefully. Lincoln Park is a descriptor the type of clientele the establishment attracts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
ChiefWampum wrote:
I went to The Dawson on a date once. It was a later dinner and incredibly dim inside. Only a small candle on the table with scant overhead lighting. Could barely read the menu and I'm relatively young. The waitress sold me on a ribeye special. Since I literally didn't see much else on the menu, I went with that. The $50 steak was a bit of a surprise, but it was actually well worth it. It was enormous and I enjoyed some for lunch the next day. I'm more of a filet guy than ribeye, but this was the best ribeye I've had. Perfect balance of fat and meat.

Doggy bag on a date? I'm going to guess it didn't end well :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bagels wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

Or we ate it together the next day!

Nah, it was fine. But there was no after dinner vibe, so I wasn't going to let that steak go to waste.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

:lol: :lol:

How about the doggie bag on a date? That's a good move for a guy, huh? Lemme tell you something: if you're a guy and you ask for the doggie bag on a date, you might as well have them just wrap up your genitals too. You're not going to be needing those for awhile, either.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Bagels wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I went there with a work group about a year after they opened. Ballpark prices, but you're there to watch the scenery so it's appropriate. I'd go if some friends had organized something there on a pleasant day, but I'd never go on my own initiative.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I was there once for a bday dinner. it was alright. won't go back.