It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
https://chicago.eater.com/2020/2/18/211 ... ton-market

Love me some Siena Tavern, Bar Siena and Barrio, and I miss Roditys... so I'd be excited to try a new Greek place opened up by DineAmic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I'll probably check that place out at some point. Used to love Greek Town Gyros and Zorba's back in my UIC days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Wait, what happened to Roditys?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Antarctica wrote:
Wait, what happened to Roditys?

closed a couple years ago. was my favorite Greektown place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
IMU wrote:
https://chicago.eater.com/2020/2/18/21142446/greek-restaurant-dineamic-fulton-market

Love me some Siena Tavern, Bar Siena and Barrio, and I miss Roditys... so I'd be excited to try a new Greek place opened up by DineAmic.

I always wind up at Bar Sienna for one reason and one reason alone. It tends to have tables available when the other restaurants in the area don't.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Warren Newson wrote:
IMU wrote:
https://chicago.eater.com/2020/2/18/21142446/greek-restaurant-dineamic-fulton-market

I always wind up at Bar Sienna for one reason and one reason alone. It tends to have tables available when the other restaurants in the area don't.

It's a bar that serves some food, and I think it has always been used as a place to hang out while you wait for your reservation at another place, or wait for Au Cheval to text you. I don't picture it filling the role of a full restaurant.

But it has nice cocktails and a nice atmosphere. I think I've only had a few appetizer type plates there before I eat somewhere else. But it is popular. I don't recall a bunch of empty spots. Last time I was there was late on a Thursday... 10pm or so...and the place was still packed. My girlfriend and I stood between the bar and the hostess kiosk for a couple drinks worth of time, while we were waiting to go to Au Cheval.
Hatchetman wrote:
was my favorite Greektown place.

Yup.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
IMU wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
IMU wrote:

It's a bar that serves some food, and I think it has always been used as a place to hang out while you wait for your reservation at another place, or wait for Au Cheval to text you. I don't picture it filling the role of a full restaurant.

But it has nice cocktails and a nice atmosphere. I think I've only had a few appetizer type plates there before I eat somewhere else. But it is popular. I don't recall a bunch of empty spots. Last time I was there was late on a Thursday... 10pm or so...and the place was still packed. My girlfriend and I stood between the bar and the hostess kiosk for a couple drinks worth of time, while we were waiting to go to Au Cheval.
Hatchetman wrote:
was my favorite Greektown place.

Yup.

I've had two outings in the neighborhood where I tried to make reservations about a month out, and the only place that had tables available at a decent hour and also had a decent Yelp rating was Bar Sienna. I wound up there twice. It's not bad for what it is, there are just better options if you're willing to wait or do more planning.