It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually took off:

New York Times wrote:
Taco Bell has, quite literally, found a new marketing vehicle, and its name is Lyft.

The fast-food chain is beginning a venture with the ride-sharing company this week that will allow Lyft passengers to request rides that incorporate a stop at a Taco Bell drive-through between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.

The companies will test the option, which will appear as “Taco Mode” in the Lyft app, during the next two weeks around a Newport Beach, Calif., location, with plans to expand the program nationally next year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/busi ... -bell.html

They might want to push that 2AM back to 4AM though. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
newper wrote:

New York Times wrote:
Taco Bell has, quite literally, found a new marketing vehicle, and its name is Lyft.

The fast-food chain is beginning a venture with the ride-sharing company this week that will allow Lyft passengers to request rides that incorporate a stop at a Taco Bell drive-through between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.

The companies will test the option, which will appear as “Taco Mode” in the Lyft app, during the next two weeks around a Newport Beach, Calif., location, with plans to expand the program nationally next year.

Sounds similar to when I use the Waze navigation app on my phone and mid-route it tells me there's a White Castle on the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
newper wrote:

New York Times wrote:

Sounds similar to when I use the Waze navigation app on my phone and mid-route it tells me there's a White Castle on the way.

It sounds familiar to me too. Last week my band was recording in Oak Park. Casey the bass player lives in the Back of the Yards and Timmy the guitar player usually gives him a ride home on his way back to Crest Hill. But that's when we practice in Douglass Park. On this particular night Timmy started talking about how he could just jump on 290 at Harlem. So I told Casey I'd give him a ride. As we were going he kind of passive-aggressively mentioned that he was starving. We passed a Popeye's and Casey said that was the only fast food he eats. When we got to the Popeye's at Western and Washington he said it again. So I just asked, "Do you want me to stop at Popeye's?" He replied, "You ever try the Cajun Sparkle?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
newper wrote:

New York Times wrote:

It sounds familiar to me too. Last week my band was recording in Oak Park. Casey the bass player lives in the Back of the Yards and Timmy the guitar player usually gives him a ride home on his way back to Crest Hill. But that's when we practice in Douglass Park. On this particular night Timmy started talking about how he could just jump on 290 at Harlem. So I told Casey I'd give him a ride. As we were going he kind of passive-aggressively mentioned that he was starving. We passed a Popeye's and Casey said that was the only fast food he eats. When we got to the Popeye's at Western and Washington he said it again. So I just asked, "Do you want me to stop at Popeye's?" He replied, "You ever try the Cajun Sparkle?"

Did your "friend" pull his normal shit in the drive thru so you guys could eat pube burgers?