It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capriotti's
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Anyone been? I heard they opened a place in Chicago recently. Started in Delaware in the 70s and then hit it big franchising in Vegas in the 90s. They have a few locations in AZ. Terrific fresh sandwiches. Their signature Bobbie sandwich is loaded with turkey (not processed shit, freshly roasted homemade turkey), cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo. Meatball sub is excellent too.

Post subject: Re: Capriotti's
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Anyone been? I heard they opened a place in Chicago recently. Started in Delaware in the 70s and then hit it big franchising in Vegas in the 90s. They have a few locations in AZ. Terrific fresh sandwiches. Their signature Bobbie sandwich is loaded with turkey (not processed shit, freshly roasted homemade turkey), cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo. Meatball sub is excellent too.

a) Yep. It's great. Had the signature turkey and it was as good as advertised. Definitely the best turkey sandwich I ever had. Wish I was in the Loop more.

b) I have to look over my shoulder when I eat there, though. One of my last times caddying, I had a mobster whose last name I can't reveal, though it began with a C. He was a large man--a large, large man--and he could hit the ball well off the tee. However, he tended to slice the ball, and was usually in the woods, if not the next fairway.

Well, on this particular day, I lost a ball on 1 and 2. On the second green, he looked at me. "Two holes, two balls?" he said. I apologized profusely, both out of sincere regret and fear for my life. I also lost balls on 8 and 9, if memory serves me. We had to look around for several more. At the end of the round, I apologized again and even lied about my ethnicity, telling him "from one Italian to another" (see? That's how scared I was) how embarrassed I was about the work I did. Supposedly, he told me to "lay off the weed or you'll find yourself in the weeds," but I don't remember that and I think the other caddy made that up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: from scratch
This story is better if you are actaully Chinese.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:45 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

a) Yep. It's great. Had the signature turkey and it was as good as advertised. Definitely the best turkey sandwich I ever had. Wish I was in the Loop more.

b) I have to look over my shoulder when I eat there, though. One of my last times caddying, I had a mobster whose last name I can't reveal, though it began with a C. He was a large man--a large, large man--and he could hit the ball well off the tee. However, he tended to slice the ball, and was usually in the woods, if not the next fairway.

Well, on this particular day, I lost a ball on 1 and 2. On the second green, he looked at me. "Two holes, two balls?" he said. I apologized profusely, both out of sincere regret and fear for my life. I also lost balls on 8 and 9, if memory serves me. We had to look around for several more. At the end of the round, I apologized again and even lied about my ethnicity, telling him "from one Italian to another" (see? That's how scared I was) how embarrassed I was about the work I did. Supposedly, he told me to "lay off the weed or you'll find yourself in the weeds," but I don't remember that and I think the other caddy made that up.

Larry?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Larry?

The same!! Great guy, actually. Not really a mobster, but built like one and with the requisite disregard for the law.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
pastrami and slaw is delicious and the bobby is on point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:06 pm 

this is a must whenever i go back home. my sister lived by the bobby but i never really got into it. love the turkey though. and you get an actual hoagie when you get capriotti's.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:58 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:

:cheers: Loved her back in the day. Haven't thought about her in forever!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Yeah... was a big fan. Big fan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Yeah... was a big fan. Big fan.

I basically dated her...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I had a thing for Hingis. I can't explain it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:18 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Larry?

The same!! Great guy, actually. Not really a mobster, but built like one and with the requisite disregard for the law.

Yea I know him. His illegal activities had a direct impact on my family

But what he took away what he himself gave so cant be too mad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:33 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Larry?

Yea I know him. His illegal activities had a direct impact on my family

But what he took away what he himself gave so cant be too mad

Holy shit....sorry to hear about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:36 pm 

I probably made that sound worse than it is. He gave my mom a great job she probably wasnt qualified for and his "accounting mistske" put the whole thing out of business

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:43 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I probably made that sound worse than it is. He gave my mom a great job she probably wasnt qualified for and his "accounting mistske" put the whole thing out of business

Ah, ok...well, at least she didn't go down with him.

Larry giveth, and Larry taketh away.