It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
leashyourkids wrote:
You food Nazis are exhausting people.

Of course a steak is a higher quality cut of meat that's more expensive. That doesn't mean that some people don't enjoy the taste of a burger more.

Food, by its very nature, is completely a matter of opinion, and yet there's always someone there to tell you what the "right" answer is.

What did you think would happen when you started the thread? Are you new here?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 am 

Well done burgers are the best.

pizza_Place: John's
leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Of course a steak is a higher quality cut of meat that's more expensive. That doesn't mean that some people don't enjoy the taste of a burger more.

Food, by its very nature, is completely a matter of opinion, and yet there's always someone there to tell you what the "right" answer is.

I can take expired ground beef from Aldi and fancy it up into a great tasting burger. There really is no comparison here.

So if someone tells you that they prefer a good burger to a good steak, your response to them is that they're wrong?

They are not wrong, but it's an unfortunate opinion.

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Franky T wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I thought people could change, Franky.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 am 

On the Cosby show Cockroach and Theo referred to good looking girls as Burgers, not steaks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
On the Cosby show Cockroach and Theo referred to good looking girls as Burgers, not steaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwMF5UeYcM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:23 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I can take expired ground beef from Aldi and fancy it up into a great tasting burger. There really is no comparison here.

So if someone tells you that they prefer a good burger to a good steak, your response to them is that they're wrong?

They are not wrong, but it's an unfortunate opinion.

You're better than this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

I think they are viewing it as meat only. Steaks > burger patties no doubt. It's what you can do with a burger that makes it better.

I'm just not a big fan of just one ingredient being a meal. I don't count salt or pepper in that either. Even when we do steak I normally do a marinade but even that doesn't get it all the way there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
BTW, if one person brags about liking their burger "Well Done" I am deleting my account. I can't post here anymore under those circumstances.
For real?! I like my burgers well done. Cook 'em until their hockey pucks.

So long, jerkass.
Caller Bob wrote:
I can take expired ground beef from Aldi and fancy it up into a great tasting burger.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think they are viewing it as meat only. Steaks > burger patties no doubt. It's what you can do with a burger that makes it better.

I'm just not a big fan of just one ingredient being a meal. I don't count salt or pepper in that either. Even when we do steak I normally do a marinade but even that doesn't get it all the way there.

Agreed. If I'm in the right mood, I can find a steak to be delicious, but it's not all the time. I generally prefer burgers, tacos, pizza, sandwiches, etc to plain pieces of meat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 am 

Rename this thread to "The View"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
leashyourkids wrote:
Franky T wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I thought people could change, Franky.

A noble effort, but one done in vain.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Agreed. If I'm in the right mood, I can find a steak to be delicious, but it's not all the time. I generally prefer burgers, tacos, pizza, sandwiches, etc to plain pieces of meat.

Nothing wrong with a burger. Lot of places I'd take a ribeye sandwich from over a burger because I don't like well done burgers but I like a good burger, especially for lunch. But for a dinner I'd prefer a steak, with a nice side of veggies and potato of some sort. A good salad and a glass of Whiskey, neat, with a side of ice water. But that's just me. All things being equal a place that does a good rack of lamb would get me any day but I know lamb is not for everyone. To each their own.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 am 

Bourbon and steak is on point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
there are all kinds of sauces you can put on steak. not just A1.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
Like ketchup! And mayo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:46 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

I've been doing bearnaise sauce a lot of late. Good stuff. The steak you get in these all inclusive Carribean restaurants/resorts is pretty low end, but with the right sauce it's still damn good. Better than a fucking hamburger, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
anyone ever ordered a burger from Gibson's ? (or another fancy steakhouse)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am 

Closest thing to that would be my kids ordering burgers from Ruth Chris when I was in Georgia a few years back. I admit, it was a nice burger.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bagels wrote:

I've had the burger at Smith & Wollensky on several occasions. It's fine, but I'm probably not the best guy to ask. No offense to Telegram Sam, but personally my preferred burger style isn't the pub burger. I like a skinny patty cooked on a griddle until it's crusty. I think this is the popular style in The Region. Hank? Eaglo?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 am 

Gibons is dry aged, which I'm not a HUGE fan of. That's why I like Morton's better. All a matter of taste though.(except Burgers, you are truly awful people)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I've had the burger at Smith & Wollensky on several occasions. It's fine, but I'm probably not the best guy to ask. No offense to Telegram Sam, but personally my preferred burger style isn't the pub burger. I like a skinny patty cooked on a griddle until it's crusty. I think this is the popular style in The Region. Hank? Eaglo?

What would your favorite burger joint be?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:05 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Gibons is dry aged, which I'm not a HUGE fan of. That's why I like Morton's better. All a matter of taste though.(except Burgers, you are truly awful people)

I haven't had Gibson's in eons. Father in law used to take us there from time to time. I think last time was his youngest getting baptized or christened or whatever. I seemed to remember them doing tenderloin roasts or something. It was okay. I wasn't a huge tenderloin guy back then, enjoy them a bit more now if the sauce is right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Biggest waste of money is a steak at a restaurant.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:

What would your favorite burger joint be?

Man, that's tough. I like Top Notch a lot. I like Edzo's too but I could do without his Hot Doug-styled cult of personality and truncated hours. There aren't that many griddle burgers around Chicago. There are a lot of good pub-style burgers. I like Kuma's, BRGRBelly, Big Jones has a good one, Au Cheval. There are many good ones. I just like the skinny flattop burger better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Big Chicagoan wrote:

not if its not your money!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:18 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I haven't had Gibson's in eons. Father in law used to take us there from time to time. I think last time was his youngest getting baptized or christened or whatever. I seemed to remember them doing tenderloin roasts or something. It was okay. I wasn't a huge tenderloin guy back then, enjoy them a bit more now if the sauce is right.

Yeah, they are living off their name/hype IMO. Morton's is much better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Big Chicagoan wrote:
No. Anything with alcohol in it is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

Actually, I don't think anyone in this thread has been that abrasive outside of maybe Bob, who is half kidding anyway.

What did you expect? Replace steak with granola bar in the title.... everyone would be overwhelmingly picking burger. Same concept.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Actually, I don't think anyone in this thread has been that abrasive outside of maybe Bob, who is half kidding anyway.

What did you expect? Replace steak with granola bar in the title.... everyone would be overwhelmingly picking burger. Same concept.

Well now it is you and Bob.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next