It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Congrats guys, you are fantasizing about a McDonald's menu item

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/prod ... 02504.html
Applebees serves steaks.
You can get a "ribeye" at The Dollar Tree.

No way... for real?
I've never had, but I have seen them in some of the stores.

http://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont ... te-test-it

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
That sounds as high quaility as the steaks they served in Allison hall with the box stamped not for use for Prisoners, institutional use only. I think I'd pass on Dollar Store steaks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
the meat not good enough for dollar tree steaks they grind into burgers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:31 pm 

Our vending machine has Tuna Salad, Rib sandwiches, and Hamburgers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
That sounds as high quaility as the steaks they served in Allison hall with the box stamped not for use for Prisoners, institutional use only. I think I'd pass on Dollar Store steaks.

Are you an NU guy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
Are you an NU guy?

He's made passing reference to it about 50 times now. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
What about a Mounds bar?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
rogers park bryan wrote:

Is Goggles in charge of purchasing?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Are you an NU guy?

Many moons ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
Are you an NU guy?

He's made passing reference to it about 50 times now. :lol:

:lol: The Harvard of the Midwest!

Did you spend a year living in the Virgin Vault too, Hatchetman?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I actively avoid places like Applebee's/TGIF/Chili's etc, but we went to TGIF recently because it was so close to where we were... and the chicken and shrimp dish I got was actually decent. I couldn't believe it. Not gourmet, but also not as horrible as I thought it'd be.

I think a lot of these chain restaurants were shamed into actually cooking food there instead of just heating up a bag made in a factory.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
What about a Mounds bar?

Is that the one with the swirling chocolate in the commerical?

I guess they've had Chicken Fried Steak sandwiches in there too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I actively avoid places like Applebee's/TGIF/Chili's etc, but we went to TGIF recently because it was so close to where we were... and the chicken and shrimp dish I got was actually decent. I couldn't believe it. Not gourmet, but also not as horrible as I thought it'd be.

I think a lot of these chain restaurants were shamed into actually cooking food there instead of just heating up a bag made in a factory.

Probably became a little too obvious when the entire TGIF menu showed up as microwaveable in your grocer's freezer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:39 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Did you spend a year living in the Virgin Vault too, Hatchetman?

No I spent two years in the Foster Walker complex which was all co-ed singles. MANY people did not like that but I can't figure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Probably became a little too obvious when the entire TGIF menu showed up as microwaveable in your grocer's freezer

:lol:

You've got to respect whoever made the decision to basically stop being a restaurant. How dumb did they think their customers were?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You've got to respect whoever made the decision to basically stop being a restaurant. How dumb did they think their customers were?

30 million Nazis have to eat somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Pretty fuckin' dumb! Our customers are the same dopes who get their news from HuffPo and Buzzfeed. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Honestly, if you choose to eat at Applebees, T.G.I. Fridays or the like, you have no soul and should never speak on food.

I'm not going to sit here and be shamed by people that go to Cooper's Hawk and spend $22.50 on a "Bacon Charburger". Get in yo lane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
You food Nazis are exhausting people.

Of course a steak is a higher quality cut of meat that's more expensive. That doesn't mean that some people don't enjoy the taste of a burger more.

Food, by its very nature, is completely a matter of opinion, and yet there's always someone there to tell you what the "right" answer is.

I enjoy burgers a lot. What's not to love? But I'm looking at it like, okay, someone says I can have the best burger in Chicago or the best steak in Chicago, doesn't matter, it's on an expense account, pick what you want. Steak is a no-brainer. If I'm cooking it myself, I'd prefer to try to make a really good burger and probably pull it off than try to make a great steak and blow it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe, what metrics did you use to grade him at "elite" level shoplifter status? Did you go by the volume/quantity/quality of what he stole? Or just if he managed to "win" the battle with that particular store's security on a given day?

I wasn't using advanced metrics, just TWTS (The Will To Steal). I can only judge by how well I ate. He did get caught once at the A&P at Church and East Prairie. It was somewhat embarrassing when it hit the Blotter in the Skokie Review.

That's probably why Creepy Bill from the 7-11 was always on your case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
You food Nazis are exhausting people.

Of course a steak is a higher quality cut of meat that's more expensive. That doesn't mean that some people don't enjoy the taste of a burger more.

Food, by its very nature, is completely a matter of opinion, and yet there's always someone there to tell you what the "right" answer is.

I enjoy burgers a lot. What's not to love? But I'm looking at it like, okay, someone says I can have the best burger in Chicago or the best steak in Chicago, doesn't matter, it's on an expense account, pick what you want. Steak is a no-brainer. If I'm cooking it myself, I'd prefer to try to make a really good burger and probably pull it off than try to make a great steak and blow it.
Even then, I'll take the burger.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe, what metrics did you use to grade him at "elite" level shoplifter status? Did you go by the volume/quantity/quality of what he stole? Or just if he managed to "win" the battle with that particular store's security on a given day?

I wasn't using advanced metrics, just TWTS (The Will To Steal). I can only judge by how well I ate. He did get caught once at the A&P at Church and East Prairie. It was somewhat embarrassing when it hit the Blotter in the Skokie Review.

That's probably why Creepy Bill from the 7-11 was always on your case.

He generally didn't steal from 7-Eleven. That would be like preferring a hamburger to a steak.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:06 pm 

Curse Jewel-Osco for getting rid of self-checkouts. I got so many free lunches out of gaming the scanner that I singlehandedly destroyed Milton Friedman's legacy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Steak every time. I'm a filet guy. You can buy a single filet for like $7 ($6 on sale at the Jewels) or if you want a bigger one, it'll set you back like $11. Season it with kosher salt and pepper, let it sit on there for 10 minutes, fire up your cast iron pan, three to four minutes per side, then 400 degrees in the oven until thermometer reads 140 (or so, depending on how you like it). It's quick and delicious. It'll rival many restaurants, except for the major expensive players like Capital Grille, Joe's, Cut, etc...

Capital Grille had what I honestly think was the worst ribeye I've ever had.

Something must have gone wrong. I have never had their ribeye, but every filet was done to perfection. It'd be worth another shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
Honestly, if you choose to eat at Applebees, T.G.I. Fridays or the like, you have no soul and should never speak on food.

What if you are not making a living wage?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
anyone ever ordered a burger from Gibson's ? (or another fancy steakhouse)

I've had the burger at Smith & Wollensky on several occasions. It's fine, but I'm probably not the best guy to ask. No offense to Telegram Sam, but personally my preferred burger style isn't the pub burger. I like a skinny patty cooked on a griddle until it's crusty. I think this is the popular style in The Region. Hank? Eaglo?

This sounds like a Culver's burger: thin with cripsy ragged edges. s'alright

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What if you are not making a living wage?

JoeOrr's Step Dad wrote:
Dine and ditch at Gibsons!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
anyone ever ordered a burger from Gibson's ? (or another fancy steakhouse)

I've had the burger at Smith & Wollensky on several occasions. It's fine, but I'm probably not the best guy to ask. No offense to Telegram Sam, but personally my preferred burger style isn't the pub burger. I like a skinny patty cooked on a griddle until it's crusty. I think this is the popular style in The Region. Hank? Eaglo?

What would your favorite burger joint be?

Gordon Ramsey's Burgr inside Planet Hollywood, Delux in Phoenix, Portillo's if I'm in a hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

TGIF had one thing I'd eat, the Jack Daniels' chicken strips.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next