It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 6302
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:04 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Lake of the Ozarks (whenever I can)
pizza_Place: Mauries Table
newper wrote:
Gotta get your Aurelio's in the old oven in Homewood.

It is strangely better than the remote locations.

_________________
chaspoppcap wrote:
You guys seem a little uniformed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33609
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

It's all the same to JUAN

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 11879
Location: Boofoo Zoo
pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Love the lunch buffet at the Aurelio's in South Holland.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
KDdidit wrote:
Love the lunch buffet at the Aurelio's in South Holland.

South Holland? Jesus christ man, there is never a reason to be in South Holland.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42842
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.



George Vassos of Georgie V's and Greek Feast.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 15053
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
IMU wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Love the lunch buffet at the Aurelio's in South Holland.

South Holland? Jesus christ man, there is never a reason to be in South Holland.

South Holland isn't too bad. I like seeing the South Holland 294 Rest Area Bridge thing and knowing I'm safely out of Indiana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:47 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
I had to be down there for work once. Yikes!

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71667
Douchebag wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

It's all the same to JUAN

:lol:

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 am
Posts: 13834
pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I'm still a fan of Sam's out here locally. Can't find a better pizza.

Dude, World Famous....

too salty...although Sycamore and Dekalb make different pizzas. It's like going to Taylor Street in Wasco versus Taylor Street in Algonquin.

I've made a few pies with Guiseppe. That dude uses nothing but high quality ingredients. It takes forever to make one (they burn a few) but nothing's better than Sam's.

_________________
Ба́бушка гада́ла, да на́двое сказа́ла—то ли до́ждик, то ли снег, то ли бу́дет, то ли нет.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 11879
Location: Boofoo Zoo
pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
IMU wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Love the lunch buffet at the Aurelio's in South Holland.

South Holland? Jesus christ man, there is never a reason to be in South Holland.


Our office used to be across the street from the Aurelio's. We moved to Cal City but it's close enough to go back every once in a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:28 am
Posts: 16
pizza_Place: Comet Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

It's all the same to JUAN

:lol:



Es un chiste, cabron?

_________________
NO HUMAN BEING IS ILLEGAL!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:08 am
Posts: 4055
Location: Section 433
pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
sjboyd0137 wrote:
You know, it's funny. Barnaby's kind of sucks if you don't remember to order it well done.

That said, I still go there all the time for lunch because it's a) cheap and b) totally nostalgic for me...I grew up in the neighborhood behind it.


Greenbrier. It is part of my running and biking courses. I live about a mile south of there.

_________________
"Communication with the dead is only a little more difficult than communication with some of the living."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:40 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
a retard wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
You know, it's funny. Barnaby's kind of sucks if you don't remember to order it well done.

That said, I still go there all the time for lunch because it's a) cheap and b) totally nostalgic for me...I grew up in the neighborhood behind it.


Greenbrier. It is part of my running and biking courses. I live about a mile south of there.

My friends and I sometimes toss the ball around at Greenbrier, or play tennis at Frontier park off Palatine.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 4991
pizza_Place: Pat's...South Loop
Aurelio's has great sausage, but it's not enough to make up for the rest of the pizza.

_________________
To IkeSouth, bigfan wrote:
Are you stoned or pissed off, or both, when you create these postings?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 am
Posts: 13834
pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

that place is way too big for one restaurant. It's also weirdly organized. I'm not sure why a breakfast place would work there either.

_________________
Ба́бушка гада́ла, да на́двое сказа́ла—то ли до́ждик, то ли снег, то ли бу́дет, то ли нет.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 pm
Posts: 5611
pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.


When did Minooka have an Aurelio's? Been there for 12 years and don't remember one. They DID have a Cemeno's, (which was a second location to the Cemeno's in Joliet - which had been an Aurelio's beforehand at their original location) which closed a few years back.

I am not an Aurelio's hater, but I will say the Morris location sucks hard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28592
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
IMU wrote:
a retard wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
You know, it's funny. Barnaby's kind of sucks if you don't remember to order it well done.

That said, I still go there all the time for lunch because it's a) cheap and b) totally nostalgic for me...I grew up in the neighborhood behind it.


Greenbrier. It is part of my running and biking courses. I live about a mile south of there.

My friends and I sometimes toss the ball around at Greenbrier, or play tennis at Frontier park off Palatine.


Back when I was a kid, the tennis courts were in back and where they're at now, was the hockey rink.

I grew up across the street from the side of the park where the softball and soccer fields were...when the park district would put up the soccer goal posts, we would use them as end zone markers for football.

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
City of Fools wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

that place is way too big for one restaurant. It's also weirdly organized. I'm not sure why a breakfast place would work there either.

We really like breakfast in Arlington Heights.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 am
Posts: 13834
pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
IMU wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

that place is way too big for one restaurant. It's also weirdly organized. I'm not sure why a breakfast place would work there either.

We really like breakfast in Arlington Heights.

:lol:

_________________
Ба́бушка гада́ла, да на́двое сказа́ла—то ли до́ждик, то ли снег, то ли бу́дет, то ли нет.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Seriously though. There are like one thousand breakfast restaurants and mom and pop diners in the area, and on a weekend morning there is almost always a wait. I end up at Wildberry more often than not.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60406
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
What's the best one? The Blog is making a comeback soon.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25407
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
IMU wrote:
Seriously though. There are like one thousand breakfast restaurants and mom and pop diners in the area, and on a weekend morning there is almost always a wait. I end up at Wildberry more often than not.


Mr Allison's Restaurant-It's like stepping in the 60's.

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19903
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
jimmypasta wrote:
IMU wrote:
Seriously though. There are like one thousand breakfast restaurants and mom and pop diners in the area, and on a weekend morning there is almost always a wait. I end up at Wildberry more often than not.


Mr Allison's Restaurant-It's like stepping in the 60's.

I used to live right next door. Been there a bunch of times.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25407
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
IMU wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
IMU wrote:
Seriously though. There are like one thousand breakfast restaurants and mom and pop diners in the area, and on a weekend morning there is almost always a wait. I end up at Wildberry more often than not.


Mr Allison's Restaurant-It's like stepping in the 60's.

I used to live right next door. Been there a bunch of times.


You and I were practically neighbors. I live about 4 or 5 blocks away.

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28592
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
jimmypasta wrote:
IMU wrote:
Seriously though. There are like one thousand breakfast restaurants and mom and pop diners in the area, and on a weekend morning there is almost always a wait. I end up at Wildberry more often than not.


Mr Allison's Restaurant-It's like stepping in the 60's.


Yeah, Mr Allison's was always good. We would usually go to Eros on Dryden or go over to Palatine for Granny D's (or whatever the hell it was called).

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 25407
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Yeah,Eros. Loved their skillets.

_________________
favrefan said:"Chris Coghlan isn't gonna pay your rent, Jimmy."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:08 am
Posts: 4055
Location: Section 433
pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
City of Fools wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Aurelio's will bail on a new location pretty quick if they aren't making enough $$$. They did the same thing in Minooka years ago.

Apparently in this case, the franchise owners bailed as one of them has experience with breakfast restaurants and thinks breakfast will have more success in the area. The Aurelio's family wanted them to stay.

that place is way too big for one restaurant. It's also weirdly organized. I'm not sure why a breakfast place would work there either.


I can only guess the reason they think breakfast will do well is because the Starbucks next door seems very busy especially in the morning.

_________________
"Communication with the dead is only a little more difficult than communication with some of the living."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 13965
pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I’m a bigfan of Cafe 14 in Palatine.

_________________
-- source


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group