It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 15052
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I visited this place for the first time for a family dinner. I have never been before as I couldn't imagine a restaurant with "factory" in its name being enjoyable. WTF, why is this place so popular? The place was packed 5:30pm. The dinner menu was like 8 pages long. I actually counted the "specialty" items on their menu. They have 71 listed! 71!!! Then they have what I guess is their non-specialty standard fare???

I ordered a pizza as I figured since everything else was pre-cooked and frozen then might as well get the frozen pizza. Can't screw that up.

We ordered cheesecake at the end and it took almost as long as getting the dinner entree. WTF, man. The cheesecake is already made! Just take it out of the case and put it on the plate!!!!!! The wife said it's like that everywhere. They ordered slices at a Michigan Cheesecake Factory and it took 30 minutes. Plus the cheesecake sucked.

This place is so bizarre. The popularity of places like Cheesecake Factory are why the world hates the USA. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28583
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
My wife and mother in law like Cheesecake factory. They have a steak with wasabi mashed potatoes and asparagus that is pretty good.

Beyond that, it's overpriced, but not as awful as some chains can be.

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21400
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:
I visited this place for the first time for a family dinner. I have never been before as I couldn't imagine a restaurant with "factory" in its name being enjoyable. WTF, why is this place so popular? The place was packed 5:30pm. The dinner menu was like 8 pages long. I actually counted the "specialty" items on their menu. They have 71 listed! 71!!! Then they have what I guess is their non-specialty standard fare???

I ordered a pizza as I figured since everything else was pre-cooked and frozen then might as well get the frozen pizza. Can't screw that up.

We ordered cheesecake at the end and it took almost as long as getting the dinner entree. WTF, man. The cheesecake is already made! Just take it out of the case and put it on the plate!!!!!! The wife said it's like that everywhere. They ordered slices at a Michigan Cheesecake Factory and it took 30 minutes. Plus the cheesecake sucked.

This place is so bizarre. The popularity of places like Cheesecake Factory are why the world hates the USA. :lol:
Didn’t Vince Young spend an astronomical amount of money there back in the day?

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18700
pizza_Place: Aurelios
It is a mystery, I've never understood this place.

I will say that The Old Spaghetti Factory is solid despite having 'factory' in its name.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 15052
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
I visited this place for the first time for a family dinner. I have never been before as I couldn't imagine a restaurant with "factory" in its name being enjoyable. WTF, why is this place so popular? The place was packed 5:30pm. The dinner menu was like 8 pages long. I actually counted the "specialty" items on their menu. They have 71 listed! 71!!! Then they have what I guess is their non-specialty standard fare???

I ordered a pizza as I figured since everything else was pre-cooked and frozen then might as well get the frozen pizza. Can't screw that up.

We ordered cheesecake at the end and it took almost as long as getting the dinner entree. WTF, man. The cheesecake is already made! Just take it out of the case and put it on the plate!!!!!! The wife said it's like that everywhere. They ordered slices at a Michigan Cheesecake Factory and it took 30 minutes. Plus the cheesecake sucked.

This place is so bizarre. The popularity of places like Cheesecake Factory are why the world hates the USA. :lol:
Didn’t Vince Young spend an astronomical amount of money there back in the day?

Oh ya, like Boyd mentioned, the prices are a tad high.

Most things there were listed at 14-20ish range. I don't expect a gourmet meal at that price point but MANY places at least offer a meal that's not reheated pre-cooked dish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm
Posts: 2174
pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
They actually have some somewhat healthy stuff, including an entire sub-menu of stuff under 600 calories per serving. I'll get take-out 3-4 times a year when I'm on the road, that way I have some willpower and don't overorder.

Their cheesecake is a disappointment. But about once a year I'll stop in at the Oakbrook location on a Saturday afternoon and sit at the bar and have a slice of their carrot cake as my lunch and watch baseball. It's ridiculously massive and usually I can't finish it and take the rest home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 4:47 pm
Posts: 25618
Location: computer
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Been there twice. Haven't been back since 2014.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/audioidkid
@audioidkid
donspiracy wrote:
douglas from evergreen freakin park... fighter, survivor, string picker and ass kicker. Now he can call himself, Champion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52715
Applebees with a more expensive price list so that upscale suburbanites don't have to know they are eating at Applebees

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29792
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Haven't been in at least a decade. #Bad

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19901
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Not a fan. Looks like most of the board is in agreement.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 48520
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Agree with the bored consensus.

Went once and never saw the need to return.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60396
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Never been there for food. Don't really have a desire to go there. Had a gift card given us a couple years back and we sat at the bar for a couple drinks. Good to see I am not missing much. The one near us at Orland Mall generally seems quite crowded.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36182
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Everything is too big, too bland, and there are too many menu items. It's the Costco of casual dining.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54652
Location: To the left of my post
I normally hate the chain restaurants but I think it's ok. It's a little on the expensive side but I've enjoyed the meals I've had. I only go once every couple years though.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36182
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The pizzas are okay but I've found that ordering normal entrees makes you choose like two of twenty sides and it's a bit overwhelming. Simplifyyyyy, maaaan.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54652
Location: To the left of my post
Curious Hair wrote:
The pizzas are okay but I've found that ordering normal entrees makes you choose like two of twenty sides and it's a bit overwhelming. Simplifyyyyy, maaaan.
Sometimes when we were out and we couldn't decide what kind of food we wanted we ended up at The Cheesecake Factory. I think subconsciously, it was because we didn't want to make a decision on what to eat until the waitress was standing right there. Do I want Chinese or Cajun? Ask me after I had some iced tea and a basket of mystery bread.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 15052
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Applebees with a more expensive price list so that upscale suburbanites don't have to know they are eating at Applebees

the decor gives that vibe. instead of kitschy items sitting on shelves the place has knockoff plain frescoes and an enormous obnoxious large ceiling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19901
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
I had to stop into Woodfield for a brief minute yesterday, and as I parked by the JC Penney entrance I was able to notice the Cheesecake Factory brunch crowd was light. But overall, Woodfield was kind of dead. Was fairly surprised, thought it might be a decent shopping day.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60396
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
I think it was too cold for people to do anything. After I napped off my terrible hangover, I had to run out for a few things as well yesterday. There was far less traffic in both people and cars than there is on a typical non-Christmastime Sunday. Today seems to be more of the same with lighter traffic.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19901
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
It was light today... I wish I could have been a hermit but I've been gone too long.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29792
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I think it was too cold for people to do anything. After I napped off my terrible hangover, I had to run out for a few things as well yesterday. There was far less traffic in both people and cars than there is on a typical non-Christmastime Sunday. Today seems to be more of the same with lighter traffic.


Everyone was out today

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 15052
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
IMU wrote:
I had to stop into Woodfield for a brief minute yesterday, and as I parked by the JC Penney entrance I was able to notice the Cheesecake Factory brunch crowd was light. But overall, Woodfield was kind of dead. Was fairly surprised, thought it might be a decent shopping day.

they were all at the stupid ass lincolnshire CCF pissing off Kirkwood b/c there was a wait to be seated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 14533
I’ve been once and it was in Florida of all places. The food was boring but our waiter had the weirdest voice inflection I ever heard. He gets imitated often so at least it was good for a laugh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19901
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Kirkwood wrote:
IMU wrote:
I had to stop into Woodfield for a brief minute yesterday, and as I parked by the JC Penney entrance I was able to notice the Cheesecake Factory brunch crowd was light. But overall, Woodfield was kind of dead. Was fairly surprised, thought it might be a decent shopping day.

they were all at the stupid ass lincolnshire CCF pissing off Kirkwood b/c there was a wait to be seated.

...Chicago Chess Foundation?

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:12 pm
Posts: 232
pizza_Place: from scratch
I'm more of a Flan Factory guy.

_________________
leashyourkids wrote:
I fancy myself as some sort of cock


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 am
Posts: 8244
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I've been to the one in Woodfield a few times because when my girlfriend's sister and her homo boyfriend come into town that's one of the places they want to go to.

It's surprisingly good but like some of you have said there's 500 things on the menu so I'm sure there's some bad on there too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 9316
Location: UM?
pizza_Place: Aurelios
This is like going to a fondue place as you have to take your wife or girlfriend at least one time and then you can be done with it.

_________________
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What the hell, I would. Post op is OK right? Right?!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 5540
Location: Crenshaw
pizza_Place: Dino's
More like fondon't.

_________________
Sex isn't dirty, sex isn't a crime. It's a loving act between two or more consenting adults.

-Hank Kingsley


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19901
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Furious Styles wrote:
More like fondon't.

This is why we keep you around.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Factory
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:08 am
Posts: 4054
Location: Section 433
pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Haven't been for MANY years but I remember the food was just so so but expensive and the portions HUGE. The mashed potatoes were piled really high like in the dinner scene in Close Encounters.

_________________
"Communication with the dead is only a little more difficult than communication with some of the living."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group