It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
shakes wrote:
why do you Goys eat ham on Thanksgiving??? Or any main meat dish besides turkey for that matter? You eat turkey on thanksgiving, nothing else unless it shows up as an appetizer.

Unless you're allergic to fowl. If I go that route it's my last Thanksgiving. We regularly go with the hnd approved turkey.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
My mom is allergic to turkey. That's one of the reasons we do roast beef and/or lamb.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
GoldenJet wrote:
My mom is allergic to turkey. That's one of the reasons we do roast beef and/or lamb.

I never new such an allergy existed. Was she vaccinated as a child?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

She didn't get her gamma-gobblin' shot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:21 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

She didn't get her gamma-gobblin' shot.

Well, I thought it was a good joke.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:53 am 

we had our little, personal thanksgivng meal last night. It was great. I didn't have to do much. All my boys are home and only a few punches were thrown so it was a great family day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: It was a good joke, CH.

The usual. Doing turkey over Kingsfords, will take about 4-4.5 hours on indirect heat. Homemade mashed and broccoli casserole courtesy of my sister. Biscuits, corn, and my parents make stuffing from scratch via a family recipe that goes back at least 100 years stateside and maybe even further back than that in Europe. There will also be canned cranberry sauce I guess because that shit sucks and my BIL and our dog is the only one who likes it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
This thread still makes me laugh so hard. I love that hnd smoked a ham. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Yeah that's an all timer for this section. The famous turkey ham.

Curious Hair wrote:
I haven't had a good green bean casserole in a long time, but I don't want to add anymore, I'm doing enough.
Fresh green beans, not canned. Use cream of chicken or celery soup as that seems to add more flavor than the mushrooms. I also sprinkle in fried onions and mix in with everything, as well as use that as a topping. You can also add some shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese to the mix as well.

For sprouts, I just wrap them in foil with a few generous slices of butter, salt and pepper to taste, and throw them on the grill. Flip the foil packet a few times and they're done in about 20-25 min. For extra crispiness, go ~30min.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: :lol: It was a good joke, CH.

The usual. Doing turkey over Kingsfords, will take about 4-4.5 hours on indirect heat. Homemade mashed and broccoli casserole courtesy of my sister. Biscuits, corn, and my parents make stuffing from scratch via a family recipe that goes back at least 100 years stateside and maybe even further back than that in Europe. There will also be canned cranberry sauce I guess because that shit sucks and my BIL and our dog is the only one who likes it.

There are some great recipes out there for homemade cranberry sauce. I have one that includes orange juice and vanilla. It is more of a jelly consistency than a solid. Just add everything in a small pot and cook until the berries burst. I won’t ever have canned cranberries again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i have to make a fruit pie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

George: No, that's pie country. They do a lot of baking up there.

Jerry: They sell them by the side of the road. Blueberry, blackberry.

George: Blackberry, boysenberry.

Jerry: Boysenberry, huckleberry.

George: Huckleberry, raspberry.

Jerry: Raspberry, strawberry.

George: Strawberry, cranberry.

Jerry: Peach.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think I have to do the cranberry sauce, bring wine, and carve the bird. I know the second two and I think I heard my wife mention something about making cranberries while she was talking to my mom. We don't tend to bring warm things as we are coming from 2 hours away and its like pulling teeth to my mom to let anyone cook. Pretty small get together this year with my brother and his family being in Boston now.

Canned cranberries and green bean casserole are just things I've never like. Anytime we went to my Mom's brother's for Christmas or thanksgiving they had it and man.. Just unappealing to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:38 pm 

Bagels wrote:

Are a baker?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:38 pm 

Hot apple cider and cinnamon fire Jack Daniels.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:46 pm 

We're repeating our Covid Thanksgiving from last year and are staying at a cabin in the woods in central Wisconsin. Since there are just 3 of us we have opted for smoked turkey from a BBQ place as the main course. Just picked up some fresh polish sausage which is a tradition on my wife's side. From mine it's chocolate pie drawn from my mom's barely legible hand-written recipe. Homemade cranberry sauce is an under-appreciated yet critical side that ties it all together.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:50 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
We're repeating our Covid Thanksgiving from last year and are staying at a cabin in the woods in central Wisconsin. Since here are just 3 of us we have opted for smoked turkey from a BBQ place as the main course. Just picked up some fresh polish sausage which is a tradition on my wife's side. From mine it's chocolate pie drawn from my mom's barely legible hand-written recipe. Homemade cranberry sauce is an under-appreciated yet critical side that ties it all together.

MY favorite part of holiday get together is the chocolate pie. It was my great grandmas' recipe apparently who gave it to my dad's mom who then gave it to my mom. I've been trying to get the damn recipe for 15 years and she always says she will write it down for me so I can read it more easily as its faded over the years. I think she's stalling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'm using the recipe for deep-frying turkeys I learned at Bass Pro Shops.

Here's the story. If racial issues bother you, please stop reading.

My wife and I were at Bass Pro Shops about a decade ago getting some Creole Butter. My wife is Asian - that will be more important later.

My wife likes to engage in conversation...just randomly....and so she begins to talk with this older black woman in the aisle, who also likes to talk apparently.

This nice woman then gives us an entire recipe for preparing a turkey with various preparations of stuffing vegetables and under-skin butter with seasonings. It's quite involved but we immediately documented when we got to the car and she was right it is fantastic.

But, the line that sold us on the recipe was that she had mentioned that, when she'd make it, it was so good that the Chinaman that worked for them would take the bones home for stock.

She mentioned this to my Asian wife.

I'm not offended by that. More importantly, my wife wasn't either.

But the lady was quite old so I get it. I felt old typing black instead of African-American earlier in this post. I'm not sure how any of that works now either. But we just thought it was funny. We quote it every Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:02 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm using the recipe for deep-frying turkeys I learned at Bass Pro Shops.

Here's the story. If racial issues bother you, please stop reading.

My wife and I were at Bass Pro Shops about a decade ago getting some Creole Butter. My wife is Asian - that will be more important later.

My wife likes to engage in conversation...just randomly....and so she begins to talk with this older black woman in the aisle, who also likes to talk apparently.

This nice woman then gives us an entire recipe for preparing a turkey with various preparations of stuffing vegetables and under-skin butter with seasonings. It's quite involved but we immediately documented when we got to the car and she was right it is fantastic.

But, the line that sold us on the recipe was that she had mentioned that, when she'd make it, it was so good that the Chinaman that worked for them would take the bones home for stock.

She mentioned this to my Asian wife.

I'm not offended by that. More importantly, my wife wasn't either.

But the lady was quite old so I get it. I felt old typing black instead of African-American earlier in this post. I'm not sure how any of that works now either. But we just thought it was funny. We quote it every Thanksgiving.

Mike North wrote:
I don't see nothing wrong with any of that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Spaulding wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Are a baker?

yea i can make a decent pie
But i don't really want apple
I want cherry
You can't get cherries right now they're like extinct
Or 100$/lb or something
Yea i guess i can get frozen
Don't even say can

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I stopped at a friend's place of work for some business info the other day, she had just made up the bags of Amish Friendship bread starter. I agreed to take one, brought it home, and my wife said she had no interest in keeping up with that right now.

So I followed the instructions, Oh, so difficult to squeeze the bag once or twice a day for most of the two weeks. When I added the sugar, flour and milk mid-gestation period, our milk was right on the edge of being sour, -ish. I figured it was sour dough bread anyways, sour milk can't hurt, right?

Last night I did the splitting and adding of more stuff, and baked two loafs, slightly under done, as my wife likes it. She always gets the middle slice, to avoid any crustiness. I consumed two large slices as well, might be the best and friendliest bread ever.

She puked hers up minutes later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
K Effective wrote:
I stopped at a friend's place of work for some business info the other day, she had just made up the bags of Amish Friendship bread starter. I agreed to take one, brought it home, and my wife said she had no interest in keeping up with that right now.

So I followed the instructions, Oh, so difficult to squeeze the bag once or twice a day for most of the two weeks. When I added the sugar, flour and milk mid-gestation period, our milk was right on the edge of being sour, -ish. I figured it was sour dough bread anyways, sour milk can't hurt, right?

Last night I did the splitting and adding of more stuff, and baked two loafs, slightly under done, as my wife likes it. She always gets the middle slice, to avoid any crustiness. I consumed two large slices as well, might be the best and friendliest bread ever.

You really M. Night Shyamalan'd the end there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Win/Win?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:24 am 

I ordered in a catered thanksgiving lunch to the office today. Surprisingly, Kasia's ended up being the best choice of caterers for the event. I worry sometimes that no one wants to eat turkey and all the sides when they will be eating it Thursday, but we have some law school kids who aren't going home and singles who may not be celebrating with family.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:33 am 

I'm excited to do the new hot trend of smoked cream cheese.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:51 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I ordered in a catered thanksgiving lunch to the office today. Surprisingly, Kasia's ended up being the best choice of caterers for the event. I worry sometimes that no one wants to eat turkey and all the sides when they will be eating it Thursday, but we have some law school kids who aren't going home and singles who may not be celebrating with family.

There was one year that between family obligations and community ones that we had Thanksgiving 4 days in a row. All of them turkey based. Only saving grace was at least we didn’t have leftovers as they were all road game events. Never again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This year we are making a couple different stuffing dishes. My wife's boss invited us over and now one of her kids has the COVID so we are just stopping by in the early afternoon to drop food, everyone makes plates and eats at home and then we are supposed to come back after dark and hang around the gas fireplace they have on the patio. Sounds goofy but it might work out ok. I get to watch football, come and get food and go home and then come back to drink later. Better than spending all day with these folks. Go COVID!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 am 

Brick wrote:

Never heard of it and I'm guessing this was sarcastic but after googling this it looks fantastic. Thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:20 am 

K Effective wrote:

If you want me to tell you about sour dough I can but don't use spoiled ingredients. :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

Never heard of it and I'm guessing this was sarcastic but after googling this it looks fantastic. Thanks for the tip!

Nope. I'm really doing it.

I'm also going to try smoking some ice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next