It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shakes
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
GoldenJet wrote:
Just on principal though...a chocolate syrup made with cane sugar will trump a chocolate syrup made with corn syrup.

This would be my main argument against it. That's all that Hershey's sauce is is corn syrup. That and your adding a sweetened ingredient to an already sweetened base ingredient.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Just on principal though...a chocolate syrup made with cane sugar will trump a chocolate syrup made with corn syrup.

This would be my main argument against it. That's all that Hershey's sauce is is corn syrup. That and your adding a sweetened ingredient to an already sweetened base ingredient.

Drop a Hershey Kiss in it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Telegram Sam wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most chocolate syrup used in shakes contains corn syrup. Not many places will fork out the extra money for the sugar'd stuff.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
GoldenJet wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most chocolate syrup used in shakes contains corn syrup. Not many places will fork out the extra money for the sugar'd stuff.

Yeah, they are garbage.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Boozy ice cream drinks at Bryant's in Milwaukee. Drink a second one only if you are not driving and don't mind being fucked by the driver.

Is that the hipster place that looks like a house outside but has a red-carpet-on-the-walls Rat Pack kinda vibe inside?

When my BIL/SIL lived there we went bar hopping a few times, and I was usually out of it by the second stop that I lost count of where all we went. Typically woke up with Sharpie on my face and bloody stools for a week...