It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beyond Burger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:44 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
But in full disclosure I'm sitting here drinking the worst thing for you... Coca-Cola

Switch to Coke Zero. I've never been a pop/soda guy, but I'm a huge fan of Coke Zero.

Living in Atlanta gave me the biggest habit I've never been able to kick. There have been times I've stopped at McDonald's just for a Coca-Cola. The strong stuff. And I tried Coke Zero and couldn't stomach the taste.

i like coke zero; but last week i was at mcdonald's for the first time in about a year and had to have a coke even though it was like 10 in the morning. the stuff is literally like a drug. i had a coke zero later on in the day and it was like drinking a non-alcoholic beer.

i can pour a cup of sugar and salt into a box and slap a nutrition fact on it for you, but that doesnt mean its not cocaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
IkeSouth wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
But in full disclosure I'm sitting here drinking the worst thing for you... Coca-Cola

Switch to Coke Zero. I've never been a pop/soda guy, but I'm a huge fan of Coke Zero.

Living in Atlanta gave me the biggest habit I've never been able to kick. There have been times I've stopped at McDonald's just for a Coca-Cola. The strong stuff. And I tried Coke Zero and couldn't stomach the taste.

i like coke zero; but last week i was at mcdonald's for the first time in about a year and had to have a coke even though it was like 10 in the morning. the stuff is literally like a drug. i had a coke zero later on in the day and it was like drinking a non-alcoholic beer.

i can pour a cup of sugar and salt into a box and slap a nutrition fact on it for you, but that doesnt mean its not cocaine

Caffeine is a son of a bitch. I went 3 months at the beginning of the year, cold turkey no caffeine. I had 1 mountain dew, and I am off the wagon again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Impossible burger is much better.

Given how little meat I actually eat now and given the passage of time (& hopefully improvements), I may have to give it another try.

Frankly I'm leaning more and more towards a mostly vegan diet. And any beef will have to be of higher quality. Factory farming is becoming worse and worse imho. Beyond repulsive even.

Reader… reader… reader. Why do you hurt me. Why.. why don’t you send me a message. “Squirrel, would you bring me some burger on your next trip to the city?” I would do this. But no…. You Pursue this frankenfood instead. The deepest cut. The deepest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
There is certain truth to the "dogs won't eat it theory. If its real food, our Weimaraner will go crazy on it. Offer her processed stuff and she knows better. Haven't tried it with Beyond or Impossible, but I'd bet the dog would turn away....She knows what's straight up toxic.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:54 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Given how little meat I actually eat now and given the passage of time (& hopefully improvements), I may have to give it another try.

Frankly I'm leaning more and more towards a mostly vegan diet. And any beef will have to be of higher quality. Factory farming is becoming worse and worse imho. Beyond repulsive even.

Reader… reader… reader. Why do you hurt me. Why.. why don’t you send me a message. “Squirrel, would you bring me some burger on your next trip to the city?” I would do this. But no…. You Pursue this frankenfood instead. The deepest cut. The deepest.

As I get older, it's becoming less and less likely that I eat anywhere near the same level of meat. Hell, I bought a bbq grill two years ago and doubt that I have used it a half dozen times. And I used to grill as much in the winter as much as I did in the rest of the year.

I'm not going vegan, but I'm not spending money on less than the higher quality levels of meat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

As I get older, it's becoming less and less likely that I eat anywhere near the same level of meat. Hell, I bought a bbq grill two years ago and doubt that I have used it a half dozen times. And I used to grill as much in the winter as much as I did in the rest of the year.

I'm not going vegan, but I'm not spending money on less than the higher quality levels of meat.

You are welcome to my back yard any time for a meal that is 90% beef. I use a local butcher from grayslake so it's indeed the good stuff. :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:27 pm 

And if you didn't live in Manitoba, I'd take you up on that. And be convinced that it'd be a great time.