It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
They can kill the Kennedys. How come they can't make a decent chicken sandwich?

Seems McDonald's franchisees are REAL horny for a sandwich that is able to compete with the ones peddled by the f@g haters.

Quote:
The company’s Southern Style Chicken sandwich, which was discontinued from the national menu years ago, was “very close to category leading,” the letter said, but would be improved by buttering the bun and serving it in a foil bag. That’s how Chick-fil-A serves its sandwiches.

“JFK called for a man on the moon, our call should be a category leading chicken sandwich,” the letter said.

McDonald's is basically the Duff brewery at this point.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:

Vintage Swartzwelder, I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Chick-Fil-A probably makes more money because the food there is more expensive. McDonald's has always had to deal with customers that want cheap dollar menu food. McDonald's wants to be Chick-Fil-A, but it can't beat them on anything but breakfast sales. They're still wondering how a chain that's open 6 days instead of 7 is growing faster than its restaurants are.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Chick-Fil-A probably makes more money because the food there is more expensive. McDonald's has always had to deal with customers that want cheap dollar menu food. McDonald's wants to be Chick-Fil-A, but it can't beat them on anything but breakfast sales. They're still wondering how a chain that's open 6 days instead of 7 is growing faster than its restaurants are.

It starts with the lowest level employees. Chik is a better experience from the moment you step to the cash register. Mc Donalds wants you to punch your order in on a screen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
McDonald's is not worried about fucking chick Phil ay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 am 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:

How would McDonalds grow? They are everywhere already.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:50 am 

Chicken sandwiches and shit fries are not competition.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Since McDonald's switched the quarter pounders, they've gotten exponentially better.

A decent burger is miles better than a mediocre chicken sandwich and shitty waffle fries.

I'd love for McD's to keep that bacon burger thing from Spain around a while longer. I really like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

It's called revenue Brick. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chick-fil-a has better commercials and also sponsors college football.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

That doesn't answer the question. McDonalds is already likely saturated in the United States. How exactly would they grow?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

That doesn't answer the question. McDonalds is already likely saturated in the United States. How exactly would they grow?

Invent the market by inventing a new meal time. Like hobbits and shit. Elevensies. And afternoon looncheon.

The Lord of the Rings was the best cleavage-less movie made since The Ox-Bow Incident.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Now they think that it's quietly changing the "dollar" menu to the "value" menu? Laugh, but the dollar McDouble & small fries now costs $1.50 each.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
SpiralStairs wrote:

Seems McDonald's franchisees are REAL horny for a sandwich that is able to compete with the ones peddled by the f@g haters.

Quote:
The company’s Southern Style Chicken sandwich, which was discontinued from the national menu years ago, was “very close to category leading,” the letter said, but would be improved by buttering the bun and serving it in a foil bag. That’s how Chick-fil-A serves its sandwiches.

“JFK called for a man on the moon, our call should be a category leading chicken sandwich,” the letter said.

McDonald's is basically the Duff brewery at this point.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

Needs more dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtqbk9pgPXw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

He isn't talking about locations growing.

He is referring to their revenues growing.

I hope that clears it up for you. Something tells me that it won't though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 am 

One way to increase revenue:

Change the name of the Quarter Pounder. Then lighten it up a gram or two and charge the same price. It's done with juice, ice cream, you name it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:09 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

The growth of Chik-Fil-A is mostly in number of restaurants opened. They are expanding like crazy. They are opening 75 to 80 of them a year. McDonalds is pretty much everywhere besides Vermont.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
wasnt there a fast food thread a few years ago? someone should find it and bump that. it was tremendous.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
wasnt there a fast food thread a few years ago? someone should find it and bump that. it was tremendous.

No. In the 15-year history of this board there has never been a threat about fast food.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

The growth of Chik-Fil-A is mostly in number of restaurants opened. They are expanding like crazy. They are opening 75 to 80 of them a year. McDonalds is pretty much everywhere besides Vermont.

Chick-Fil-A is still expanding with new locations. They've only been in the Chicago area for about 10 years. They probably wish they would have come ten years earlier to the Chicago area as they've done quite well.

I've noticed the Culver's people are trying to imitate the Chick-Fil-A customer service. They keep saying "my pleasure" when I say thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

There are thousands of street corners where McDonald’s could still shoehorn of a restaurant.

Having said that, being a McDonald’s franchisee isnt so glamorous anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Invent the market by inventing a new meal time. Like hobbits and shit. Elevensies. And afternoon looncheon.

The Lord of the Rings was the best cleavage-less movie made since The Ox-Bow Incident.

:lol:
That's great.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
I've noticed the Culver's people are trying to imitate the Chick-Fil-A customer service. They keep saying "my pleasure" when I say thank you.

They were being Wisconsin Nice long before the chicken-on-a-burger-bun people moved up north.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:37 pm 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hares-rise

Yep, McDonald's is shaking in their boots just waiting to be overtaken by the chik-fil-a juggernaut.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
sjboyd0137 wrote:
A decent burger is miles better than a mediocre chicken sandwich and shitty waffle fries.

I'd love for McD's to keep that bacon burger thing from Spain around a while longer. I really like that.

and the stroopwafel mcflurry,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I've been on this board for 10 years, and ignoring the mults and trolls, this is perhaps the most ignorant question I have ever read. Are you seriously saying that you don't see how a business can grow or shrink in the United States other than by creating more storefronts? I find it hard to express my feelings into words regarding reading that question.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:03 pm 

newper wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I've been on this board for 10 years, and ignoring the mults and trolls, this is perhaps the most ignorant question I have ever read. Are you seriously saying that you don't see how a business can grow or shrink in the United States other than by creating more storefronts? I find it hard to express my feelings into words regarding reading that question.

Well give it a go anyhow. Brick will argue with you no matter what so have at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Darkside wrote:
newper wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well give it a go anyhow. Brick will argue with you no matter what so have at it.

It has been nearly 6 hours since I read this, and it still is infuriating. Even an elementary school child could come up with ways that McDonalds could grow their business without opening up new stores. You could read a handful of news stories over the past few years and see things that they have done. It is insane to think an adult could not come up with a single idea or concept of how to grow a business other than to literally open up additional stores.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:28 pm 

newper wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I mean, they could also get into the used car business but there comes a point when a business is so huge in the given industry they are in that they aren't really a company that is going to see massive growth. McDonalds is everywhere. They can add new menu items and maybe get some more in store sales but it isn't like they can suddenly start selling Indian food to make more money.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:29 pm 

newper wrote:
Darkside wrote:
newper wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It has been nearly 6 hours since I read this, and it still is infuriating. Even an elementary school child could come up with ways that McDonalds could grow their business without opening up new stores. You could read a handful of news stories over the past few years and see things that they have done. It is insane to think an adult could not come up with a single idea or concept of how to grow a business other than to literally open up additional stores.

Its brick dude. Hes... just bricking. He doesn't really believe what he says. He just tries to be a penis to rule people up here.