It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yes I'm aware every animal dies at some point.

well what the hell's the difference then? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'm saying that the animal who made the eggs and milk isn't slaughtered to get said products. When you eat a chicken breast, obviously the animal gave its life for that.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:18 pm 

A laying hen lives about one year and then is made into Campbell's soup. Don't forget the corresponding male chick that was killed in the process.

Are you saying something like "egg production produces more protein per animal murdered, so its ok." ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm saying that the animal who made the eggs and milk isn't slaughtered to get said products. When you eat a chicken breast, obviously the animal gave its life for that.

As opposed to killing animals because of overpopulation and in everybody's face and garbage and roaming the streets shitting and hunting and causing a major health crisis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:23 pm 

This item just hit my mailbox:

By Jeff Gelski

HAMILTON, ONT. — Eating on average one egg a day or less was not associated with increasing the risk of heart disease, according to an analysis of three long-term multinational studies. Researchers from the Population Health Research Institute of McMaster University in Hamilton and Hamilton Health Sciences performed the analysis, which appeared online Jan. 21 in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and may be found here.

“Moderate egg intake, which is about one egg per day in most people, does not increase the risk of cardiovascular disease or mortality even if people have a history of cardiovascular disease or diabetes,” said Mahshid Dehghan, Ph.D., an investigator at the Population Health Research Institute. “Also, no association was found between egg intake and blood cholesterol, its components or other risk factors. These results are robust and widely applicable to both healthy individuals and those with vascular disease.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Good friend at work went vegan to reverse diabetes/high blood pressure issues, he lost over 100lbs, and got off all meds. I tried it last fall during our refueling outage, and only broke the plan twice. I didn't lose any significant weight in 90 days, or change any other significant parameters.I spoke recently to another coworker who did the opposite- due to allergies, he stopped eating almost all plant foods, and eats mostly meats. He has been able to lose a bunch of weight and feels significantly better. I guess it all depends on your body. I just cram too much down my pie hole.

Pretty much all weight loss comes from simply eating less. Going vegan makes it much harder to eat.

Do those people who are obese get fat because of meat or because of the garbage food (and the quantities thereof) they eat? I'm literally asking, not being a smart ass.

it boils down to lack of exercise. exercising regularly will burn off an amazing amount of calories, and while eating tons of fast food and drinking pop have a lot of other harmful health risks if you exercise regularly you can maintain a healthy weight even if you eat like shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hatchetman wrote:
A laying hen lives about one year and then is made into Campbell's soup. Don't forget the corresponding male chick that was killed in the process.

Are you saying something like "egg production produces more protein per animal murdered, so its ok." ?

I just happened to be driving by the farm just now and I snapped a couple pics of one of our local laying hens:

Keep Rogers Park Weird!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm eating less beef, but better beef. I rarely eat beef out any more (my steak sandwich at Quaker Steak last night is an anomaly of travelling). But now that I have a much shorter commute from both work and the airport, I cook an 8 oz strip steak and another 8 oz of ground beef one night a week. Steak with $2 of salad bar and some steamed frozen vegetables for dinner, 85% grass fed ground beef with sauteed onions and bottled low sodium spaghetti sauce as the base for breakfast or lunch the next day. Then a burger or similar beef sandwich out on the weekend.

I am eating chicken and pork more frequently but smaller portions, so less overall. 2 pieces of fried chicken from Bojangles every other week, a 3 oz chicken filet on a waffle for breakfast once a week, a Costco rotisserie chicken when I am there monthly. Lamb about the same as always, I buy the 10 chop package at Costco and it lasts me 6 weeks in the freezer, it's dead simple to cook on an afternoon when I'm stuck inside.

But I have lost 17 pounds in the last three months without very much exercise. Mostly by cutting out a fair amount of sodium from being mindful, cutting back on potatoes and rice, and most important eating most of my food before 6pm. My night time snack around 930pm is an ounce of cheese, a serving of fruit, a Sprite Zero, and either a few unsalted cashews or a TJs nutragrain-clone bar or if I'm around my dad six Oreo cookies because he likes them and is old and trying to gain weight.

Last edited by Chet Coppock's Fur Coat on Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:37 pm 

JORR: Looks like my yard sans the broken down Blazer! :lol:

I have a Blue Marans hen that looks like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This looks exactly like RFDC's front yard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
coincidentally, i just found this delightful article on CNN right after I read this thread. Apparently there is a little bloodshed to feel guilty about next time you are enjoying your guilt-free fried egg.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/europe/f ... index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
JORR: Looks like my yard sans the broken down Blazer! :lol:

I have a Blue Marans hen that looks like that.

I don't know my chicken breeds but there were at least three pecking around outside. There was also a black one and a red one. That Suburban is their "coop". There are probably about 30 more hens in there on a cold day like today. The woman has a couple roosters too which causes problems with the neighbors.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Yes. Had a veggie burger every day for lunch. Dropped 40 lbs. Cut out bread/pasta for the most part as well. Felt noticably better.

What kind of veggie burger do you like?
Terry Schavio

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
I don't know my chicken breeds but there were at least three pecking around outside. There was also a black one and a red one. That Suburban is their "coop". There are probably about 30 more hens in there on a cold day like today. The woman has a couple roosters too which causes problems with the neighbors.

according to my feed woman, Chicago is in process of making roosters illegal if they haven't already. kind of amazing its taken this long.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[

according to my feed woman, Chicago is in process of making roosters illegal if they haven't already. kind of amazing its taken this long.

That's alright, these Rogers Park ones identify as hens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What's wrong with the quote above? It seems properly formatted.

I can't replicate the issue. I was thinking one of the quotes or brackets were using a similar, but not correct, ASCII character but that doesn't seem to be the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What's wrong with the quote above? It seems properly formatted.

I can't replicate the issue. I was thinking one of the quotes or brackets were using a similar, but not correct, ASCII character but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Weird, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This looks exactly like RFDC's front yard.

Hey fuck you flapjacks, I don't see no toilet in that pic

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
For health reasons, I have been instructed to go veg. It's one of three things I was instructed to do and the only one I have accomplished. Legumes, veggies and nuts ten of fourteen meals a week. I eat a pound every lunch which is probably too much but I actually like it. Can't say I'm better off due to the impacts of two and three.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Telegram Sam wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[

That's alright, these Rogers Park ones identify as hens.

They stylize it as He-ns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I've never been a big fan of red meat so not a huge issue for me. I pretty much stick to turkey and chicken. I wish fish was more readily available at store front deli's/restaurants/take out places. I would love to go fish only diet. If there was a good poke place by my office or home I would eat it 5x per week.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

I thought you were a pretty big burger guy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:17 pm 

I want a double cheeseburger.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Andy Reid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hawg Ass wrote:
I want a double cheeseburger.

Me too

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:02 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I thought you were a pretty big burger guy?

love burgers, but don't eat them that often. Had RHR about a month ago and before that I probably hadn't had a burger in a few months.

Never eat them for lunch, seems too heavy. So only dinners. Lately, my acid reflux has gotten pretty bad and that has affected what I eat. Basically have given up eating a real dinner these days. Eating a normal lunch of chicken or turkey chili, but then at night just a PB&J or something really light and bland. I've had some nights where I've been up till 3 am with reflux issues so not even taking the chance the last few weeks. Burger consumption has suffered quite a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Manhole
Never.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Got it, shakes. Makes sense. You just seem to post a fair amount about burgers in this section so I assumed you ate more of them than you do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:22 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Got it, shakes. Makes sense. You just seem to post a fair amount about burgers in this section so I assumed you ate more of them than you do.

love em, probably my favorite red meat option, but I think I talk more about them then I actually get to eat them :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next