It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
FukNuggitt wrote:
After conversing with my wife today about what exactly a sloppy joe is made out of, I looked up how to make it from scratch, and will be following this recipe for tonight's fine cuisine:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... s_XyJ1oTQV

What will be your bread of choice?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
FukNuggitt wrote:
After conversing with my wife today about what exactly a sloppy joe is made out of, I looked up how to make it from scratch, and will be following this recipe for tonight's fine cuisine:

I have rediscovered the joys of a sloppy joe during these unprecedented times.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Franky T wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

I am thinking about putting one on the menu as a special, but I want it to be unique.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hawg Ass wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Brats and pasta salad tonight. Firing up the kettle when I get off work.

I am sure the brats are HR approved.

Thad damn dog. He pissed my wife off last night...he like to play in the mud, so we have to wash his feet off before he comes in. My wife goes to grab a paw and he growled at her. That didn't go over well...he's been moping around all day because he's still in trouble.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Telegram Sam wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

I am thinking about putting one on the menu as a special, but I want it to be unique.

You should top it with a pink hat and call it the WOManwich.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
First smoke of the season. Placed a rack of ribs on at 1. Getting ready to wrap in foil.

Tossed a bunch of wings on a little while ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Made pirogi with duck confit filling. Fucking excellent but will likely never make it again.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:12 pm 

I love Sloppy Joes.

Always disliked the addition of green pepper.

Mine are basic yet delicious.

Brown ground beef with some chopped up onion, salt and pepper. Sauce is a mix of ketchup and mustard.

That's it.

Serve on toast or bun.

I like to melt cheese or Velveeta on top to help hold it together.

Ketchup, mustard and brown sugar is a great baked on topping for meatloaf.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I forgot to tell you guys...

We did baby back ribs (for the first time ever) on the electric smoker a week and a half ago. apple wood. did a dry rub that we found online. 90 minutes no foil, 90 minutes foil. turned out really good. i totally forgot to take a picture.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
I forgot to tell you guys...

We did baby back ribs (for the first time ever) on the electric smoker a week and a half ago. apple wood. did a dry rub that we found online. 90 minutes no foil, 90 minutes foil. turned out really good. i totally forgot to take a picture.

Nice. I like applewood for ribs. I usually go 2 hours no foil, 2 hours foil with some apple cider vinegar in the bottom of the foil pack. Then sauce and back in the smoker for an hour unless I fire the grill up. Super tender and still juicy.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Telegram Sam wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Do a Korean style one

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Telegram Sam wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

I went to Walgreens to get hamburger buns, but they were all out, so we ended up eating our Joes on Hot dog buns.

I threw the bag of hot dog buns in the microwave for 30 seconds and it steamed them perfectly.

I modified the recipe by adding a can of tomato sauce (instead of the ketchup and tomato paste), some chopped-up green olives, chopped up green beans (instead of green pepper), and some relish. I simmered and thickened that mix while browning the meat with onions and garlic.

NOTE: Wife used all the Worcestershire on burgers over the weekend and did not tell me we were out, so I had to improvise. I made my own with some soy sauce, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper a bit of maple syrup, a half-capful of apple cider vinegar and some anchovy oil.

Served with Ruffles on the side and A&W Root Beer.

Everybody loved it - it was a big hit.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:58 pm 

FukNuggitt wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

I went to Walgreens to get hamburger buns, but they were all out, so we ended up eating our Joes on Hot dog buns.

I threw the bag of hot dog buns in the microwave for 30 seconds and it steamed them perfectly.

I modified the recipe by adding a can of tomato sauce (instead of the ketchup and tomato paste), some chopped-up green olives, chopped up green beans (instead of green pepper), and some relish. I simmered and thickened that mix while browning the meat with onions and garlic.

NOTE: Wife used all the Worcestershire on burgers over the weekend and did not tell me we were out, so I had to improvise. I made my own with some soy sauce, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper a bit of maple syrup, a half-capful of apple cider vinegar and some anchovy oil.

You should invite Chet Coppock’s Fur Coat over next time

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Bagels wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

It's a 800 mile drive, that's a bit of a problem. But other than the olives and the anchovy oil, that sauce sounds good, I'm always looking for something to cook on the stove top. I may have to borrow from that the next time I get some ground beef.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:05 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

It's a 800 mile drive, that's a bit of a problem. But other than the olives and the anchovy oil, that sauce sounds good, I'm always looking for something to cook on the stove top. I may have to borrow from that the next time I get some ground beef.

Next time you get it it might be 20$/lb

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Next time you get it it might be 20$/lb

I have a text message in to the local farm, the farmers market is tomorrow afternoon in one of the more country towns a half hour away. I should hear from her in the morning about pork chops, stew meat, and 85/15 ground beef. Sounded like prices were at Whole Foods levels.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
corona virus special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFitQn0W-Ns

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:

Anchovy oil is a pivotal component of Worcestershire Sauce.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:04 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:

That looks delicious.

Makes me want to take the 'ole BB gun out!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:33 pm 

Beef enchiladas with red sauce.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
GoldenJet wrote:

Kindly be more specific regarding your red sauce.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:06 pm 

One of the nice side effects of being at home is that I'm getting to fine tune some cooking through repetition. I've been making a southernish cabbage once a month. I have the process down a little bit better on the third try; I cooked up a pound of bacon on Thursday, minced 4 strips of it once it was cold, and saved some of the fat for sauteeing the diced onion tonight, and I added some chicken stock. The whole pot is maybe 1000 calories for four servings (lunch tomorrow and Tuesday, two portions for the freezer), all from the bacon, bacon fat, and a little olive oil I added when I added the green and red peppers and the garlic.

It tasted ok out of the pot but the true test will be tomorrow once it sits. I don't think it has enough malt vinegar or Crystal, but both can be added to salvage it if I underestimated.

I need to find some giardinera down here or order some from Chicago, the Italian Sausage from Costco or Sam's (it is the same brand) is ok, but it needs a punch up. I've been roasting up a vacuum pack of 5 most weeks unless I need to use up leftovers.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I have a pretty good braised red cabbage recipe if you want it.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I made Rhubarbaque sauce today with some rhubarb from the garden. I put it on some ribs I grilled tonight. It was excellent but I also love rhubarb.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:43 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Some medium salsa the wife bought.

She picked up some 2for1 packs of fajita carne asada, already cut up. Fried that up with a couple small chopped onions.

Warmed up some flour tortillas in the microwave...then doused both sides with salsa.

Put some salsa in the bottom of a foil pan, then filled tortillas with steak and cheese. Rolled them up and snugged them together. Poured salsa on top and spread shredded cheddar mix over the top.

Bake for about 20 minutes at 350.

Really simple and tasty. Probably not all that traditional with the sauce.

I'll do homemade sauce next time.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:26 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I have a pretty good braised red cabbage recipe if you want it.

You mean like German style, or something else? Either way, I will take it, I love cabbage!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
couple slices of bacon - maybe 4-6
1 tsp crushed caraway seeds
1-2 bay leaf
1/2 to 1 onion quarted sliced
2 apples I like sweeter ones remove skin and dice or slice
1 red cabbage
salt pepper
1/2 c cider vinegar
1/3 c brown sugar or less I usually do a 1/4 c
2 tbs cherry or raspberry preserves
2 tbs unsalted butter

Brown bacon and render fat. Add spices and onion, saute about 5 minutes til translucent. Add apple cabbage salt pepper vinegar and sugar. Stir. Cover and cook about 25 minutes stirring occasionally. Uncover let reduce then add preserves and butter at the end.

You can omit caraway seeds. Sometimes I don't add apples. It's a great fall dish and can be made ahead of time to reheat. I usually serve with pork and spaetzle.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 am 

Spaulding wrote:
1-2 bay leaf
1 red cabbage
salt pepper
1/2 c cider vinegar
2 tbs unsalted butter

Brown bacon and render fat. Add spices and onion, saute about 5 minutes til translucent. Add apple cabbage salt pepper vinegar and sugar. Stir. Cover and cook about 25 minutes stirring occasionally. Uncover let reduce then add preserves and butter at the end.

You can omit caraway seeds. Sometimes I don't add apples. It's a great fall dish and can be made ahead of time to reheat. I usually serve with pork and spaetzle.

That sounds really good. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
GoldenJet wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Some medium salsa the wife bought.

She picked up some 2for1 packs of fajita carne asada, already cut up. Fried that up with a couple small chopped onions.

Warmed up some flour tortillas in the microwave...then doused both sides with salsa.

Put some salsa in the bottom of a foil pan, then filled tortillas with steak and cheese. Rolled them up and snugged them together. Poured salsa on top and spread shredded cheddar mix over the top.

Bake for about 20 minutes at 350.

Really simple and tasty. Probably not all that traditional with the sauce.

I'll do homemade sauce next time.

Nothing wrong with this. Especially if it's good salsa. It's hard to make every meal a knock it out the park experience. I got burned out trying. The old lady can be a persnickety eater. Easy, simpler, tasty grub is needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:36 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
1-2 bay leaf
1 red cabbage
salt pepper
1/2 c cider vinegar
2 tbs unsalted butter

That sounds really good. Thanks!

I'm generally not a pork or cabbage eater, but I love spaeztle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next