All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: Oh

I actually do not like stouts. I enjoy a good IPA or Hefe, but I absolutely do not consider myself a beer douche because a cold Coors Light or High Life can absolutely hit the spot at times.

The spot that beer should be hitting is the garbage.
Life is too goddamn short for crappy beer

My sister in law visited a few weeks back and left behind a couple silver bullets so,I consumed them after a couple long days in field. they are fine but I doubt Ill,probably,continue my long trend of not buying much of the light beers. Don’t mind lagers but need a bit more flavor.

you guys read like a bunch of beerdouches...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
since moving back to Deerfield I've become reacquainted with Dear Franks, a staple of downtown Deerfield since 1978. Not quite as good as I remember back in my childhood, but still a very good hot dog stand. Great cheese fries. As a kid we used to always go there for a bag of fries and then bring them down to Jewett Park and watch a little league game while standing on the platform behind home plate with about 10 other kids crammed on there all doing the same thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Saying a Light beer is fine but I don’t generally buy light beers is beer doucheyness. Okay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

anyone complaining about beer is a beerdouche. because everyone complains about beer.

See what I did there?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I don't complain about beer. I'll pour what I want into my glass, and everyone else is free to do the same.

I went to Binny's today to get some wine for the wife, and there were four cans of Busch Light and two cans of Miller Lite marked to 50 cents ea. They are in my fridge now and will be perfect for the golf course Saturday afternoon. The good stuff will be consumed post round.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
But, uh....back to the lecture at hand...

Doug....in honor of your week, my kids and I will getting dogs from Mg. G's in Antioch for dinner tonight. Their gyros are some of the best but never had a Chicago Dog from there....I shall report back.

Suburbs win, again.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:58 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't complain about beer. I'll pour what I want into my glass, and everyone else is free to do the same.

I went to Binny's today to get some wine for the wife, and there were four cans of Busch Light and two cans of Miller Lite marked to 50 cents ea. They are in my fridge now and will be perfect for the golf course Saturday afternoon. The good stuff will be consumed post round.

I never really got any beer attitudes besides this. If it's hot out and the beer is cold, drink it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I never really got any beer attitudes besides this. If it's hot out and the beer is cold, drink it.

Yet another reason why you're my guy.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:18 am 

The cool high school history teacher who used to sleep with a senior girl each year would bump you up a grade if you gave him a case. When asked what he liked he said "if its gold and its cold, its my brand". He eventually married an heiress and is in the hall of fame so he obviously knew what he was talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Honestly I haven't had a hotdog outside of one off my own grill in months. That might change for lunch today or tomorrow. This thread has given me a hankering for some good ones.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Went with Dog N Suds yesterday. Today will be Twisted Burger and we will finish up on Friday at The Freeze. We'll take the lab babies with and probably head to the outdoor patio at Charlies with the girls as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
"Excuse me, kind sir...Might I say that that is one magnificent wiener you have there!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The only hot dog I will buy in NC is from the Costco cafe. And that's only because it is just $1.50 with a diet Pepsi.

I got Portillos when I was in Chicago last week, a jumbo dog and a Maxwell polish. Not the best the city has to offer, but the best near my father's place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:22 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Honestly I haven't had a hotdog outside of one off my own grill in months. That might change for lunch today or tomorrow. This thread has given me a hankering for some good ones.

I've never grilled a hot dog.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think Viennas gain from grilling. I picked up some Hebrew National down here and they are better charred than steamed. Although I just tend to then throw them into baked beans instead of trying to find a decent hot dog bun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Boil them dogs dude.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Twisted Burger today...it was good.

I don't feel great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think Viennas gain from grilling. I picked up some Hebrew National down here and they are better charred than steamed. Although I just tend to then throw them into baked beans instead of trying to find a decent hot dog bun.

I’ve found the only good dogs for grilling come from a butcher. Vienna’s, Nathan’s or any standard store bought brand are meant for boiling/steaming.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Hot Dog Appreciation Week is over!

Thank God.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I have to admit there is not much in life that is as good as a good Hotdog sandwich. They are just the perfect snack.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:41 pm 

You know what you did and you know why you did it and I ain't falling for it