It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite Ice Cream
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
As a kid I loved Daquiri Ice at Baskin Robbins.

I do not eat much ice cream these days. Once per month or so I get a craving so I'll either get a dipped cone from Dairy Queen or a fudge and caramel sundae at Culver's.

if you only have ice cream as an occasional indulgence, Dairy Queen is the worst choice. It isn't even real ice cream.

it really isn't. How that chain survives is beyond me.

I like Ben and Jerry's Salted Carmel core...

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

I do not eat much ice cream these days. Once per month or so I get a craving so I'll either get a dipped cone from Dairy Queen or a fudge and caramel sundae at Culver's.

if you only have ice cream as an occasional indulgence, Dairy Queen is the worst choice. It isn't even real ice cream.

Dairy Queen has it's market...kids like it, and Blizzards are legit. Also, the peanut buster parfait is tasty.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:08 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

Dairy Queen has it's market...kids like it, and Blizzards are legit. Also, the peanut buster parfait is tasty.

I don't knock DQ for what it is. They have good pre prepared stuff as well. I always loved Mr. Misty's when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
T-Bone's stepson wrote:
Whats "Ice Cream"?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Mint chocolate chip.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:28 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
They have good pre prepared stuff as well.

Would that be unprepared stuff?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
They have good pre prepared stuff as well.

Would that be unprepared stuff?

I guffawed.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

I don't knock DQ for what it is. They have good pre prepared stuff as well. I always loved Mr. Misty's when I was a kid.

dipped cones, I suppose? But the ice cream is SO fake. My kids do like it but they'd rather have Culvers or even mcDonalds.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

dipped cones, I suppose? But the ice cream is SO fake. My kids do like it but they'd rather have Culvers or even mcDonalds.

My youngest son loves the McFlurry. They're actually better than I recall. It seems like McDonalds improved its ice cream quality at some point.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:

My youngest son loves the McFlurry. They're actually better than I recall. It seems like McDonalds improved its ice cream quality at some point.

They just put some chemical in it that made them addictive. McDonald's is the devil.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:27 am 

went to the brand spanking new opening of Rainbow Cone in Lombard. Very pink. I didn't try the actual rainbow cone, I had a reese's concrete and it was awesome.

i like it, but it was extremely crowded for a 55 degree night and rain.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

They just put some chemical in it that made them addictive. McDonald's is the devil.

maybe they were working on making it better while the machines were broken always

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Unless it's suntan lotion, coconut ruins everything

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
tried Cheesecake Factory ice cream for the first time as it was on sale at the Jewels (cookies & cream)
really really good. The cheesecake tang is fairly muted but i'm guessing probably a little more pronounced in say the strawberry flavor

Gripe 1- the 'pint' is actually 14oz. Fuckers
Gripe 2- Jewel fucking sucks, this had obv melted and re-froze and it's not the first time it's happened to me there. Sadly i go there out of laziness since it's the closest store to me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nardi wrote:

The weird people in the neighborhood used to give out Mounds and Almond Joys every year for Halloween. Disgusting. Great commercials, though.

I once puked based on a memory of biting into a Mounds bar. I couldn't replicate the feat when I needed it, though, in seventh grade, when I was trying to get out of school by claiming I had the stomach flu. I remembered the taste and everything, but it no longer sickened me to the point of throwing up; instead, the memory of the taste just kind of made me sad for humanity.

Kids who liked Mounds and Almond Joy were weird. Like, they'd watch Popeye rather than Woody Woodpecker after school. They usually couldn't name every team in every sport and if they did follow sports, they'd root for weird teams, like the Kansas City Kings or the Hartford Whalers, neither of which were on tv, or suddenly, during the Olympics, they'd be fans of the Netherlands or something stupid like that. Their houses smelled, too.

Once I was at this fat kid's house and he bragged that he still had Halloween candy. I was like, "Do you have any Snickers?" The fat kid kind of looked away and said, "Yes." He went to retrieve the candy and came back with an unwrapped (the second red flag) candy bar. I could tell that that which his hand held was no Snickers, and soon I could smell the substandard chocolate and the disgusting shards of coconut inside the little chocolate tomb. I thanked him and said that I would eat it later and set it aside. Later, I pushed it further away so I didn't have to smell the coconut. The fat kid ended up transferring to St. Gerald's after that year, and I was glad because he was an idiot. If I am not mistaken, he saved a gigantic Three Musketeers bar for himself. Those were pretty good, but you had to be in the mood for them; I've always thought that Three Musketeers, after the original rush of tasting whipped, smooth chocolate wore off, never delivered on their early promise of goodness the way a Snickers will. Much better than Almond Joys, at any rate.

Such a shady thing for a bad liar to try to get away with. Just admit you don't have any Snickers and split the Three Musketeers with your guest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:49 am 

Bagels wrote:
Sadly i go there out of laziness since it's the closest store to me

that's our sob story too. it's just down the block. i don't feel like going on a road trip to get groceries.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bagels wrote:
:lol: Meijer is like 1000 yards farther right across the street!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bagels wrote:

you make a valid point

I get my meat/deli/produce elsewhere, so the only thing I really get at Jewel is 'groceries' like bread, juice, coffee, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
thomas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The weird people in the neighborhood used to give out Mounds and Almond Joys every year for Halloween. Disgusting. Great commercials, though.

I once puked based on a memory of biting into a Mounds bar. I couldn't replicate the feat when I needed it, though, in seventh grade, when I was trying to get out of school by claiming I had the stomach flu. I remembered the taste and everything, but it no longer sickened me to the point of throwing up; instead, the memory of the taste just kind of made me sad for humanity.

Kids who liked Mounds and Almond Joy were weird. Like, they'd watch Popeye rather than Woody Woodpecker after school. They usually couldn't name every team in every sport and if they did follow sports, they'd root for weird teams, like the Kansas City Kings or the Hartford Whalers, neither of which were on tv, or suddenly, during the Olympics, they'd be fans of the Netherlands or something stupid like that. Their houses smelled, too.

Once I was at this fat kid's house and he bragged that he still had Halloween candy. I was like, "Do you have any Snickers?" The fat kid kind of looked away and said, "Yes." He went to retrieve the candy and came back with an unwrapped (the second red flag) candy bar. I could tell that that which his hand held was no Snickers, and soon I could smell the substandard chocolate and the disgusting shards of coconut inside the little chocolate tomb. I thanked him and said that I would eat it later and set it aside. Later, I pushed it further away so I didn't have to smell the coconut. The fat kid ended up transferring to St. Gerald's after that year, and I was glad because he was an idiot. If I am not mistaken, he saved a gigantic Three Musketeers bar for himself. Those were pretty good, but you had to be in the mood for them; I've always thought that Three Musketeers, after the original rush of tasting whipped, smooth chocolate wore off, never delivered on their early promise of goodness the way a Snickers will. Much better than Almond Joys, at any rate.

Such a shady thing for a bad liar to try to get away with. Just admit you don't have any Snickers and split the Three Musketeers with your guest.

Have you considered writing a book?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Bagels wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bagels wrote:

you make a valid point

I get my meat/deli/produce elsewhere, so the only thing I really get at Jewel is 'groceries' like bread, juice, coffee, etc.

The Meijer prices are pretty similar on that stuff...they generally have better sales on coffee.

And their bakery is legit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Tillamook is good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Tillamook is good stuff.

What kind you try ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Waffle cone and white chocolate raspberry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Waffle cone and white chocolate raspberry

White chocolate raspberry is unbelievably good

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.