It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Christmas Cooking 2020
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm in the midst of making beef stock for the French onion soup I'll be serving as a first course tomorrow. I roasted some oxtails, beef shanks and sundry other meat/bones along with some veggies for a while and transferred all of that to a stock pot where it has been simmering over low heat for the past couple hours. It smells heavenly. I'll start making cookies in a little bit. What do you have going on?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I'm with two prostitutes and a guy who can suck his own cock. I get no respect! Ehhh

https://youtu.be/J6w8YhlHRRU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chicken cacciatore tomorrow. Not real Christmasy, but damn, it is good. Plus, my kids actually eat it and it is not that hard to prepare. Just have to find some Italian or French bread somewhere tomorrow.

Usually my sister makes roast beef, but that is obviously not happening this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
tommy wrote:
Chicken cacciatore tomorrow. Not real Christmasy, but damn, it is good. Plus, my kids actually eat it and it is not that hard to prepare. Just have to find some Italian or French bread somewhere tomorrow.

Usually my sister makes roast beef, but that is obviously not happening this year.

No ham or turkey?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
tommy wrote:

The Jewels French bread is really underrated in my opinion. The are open on Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Thread isn’t official until there are oyster shucking pictures.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nothing special, similar to Thanksgiving. If it stops raining like hell down here but stays in the high 50s I may put some stuff on the grill, maybe some shrimp.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:14 pm 

Making Skirt steak tacos tonight for me and the wife.

Mom is making Lasagna tomorrow.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
We're doing home made pizza tonight with gift opening, then tomorrow is burgers on the grill, since eldest son will be off to his better half's family.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Two roast chickens, mashed taters and Brussels sprouts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:49 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

I'm sorry your poor, or how you learned to quit worrying and save a year's worth of salary by treating holidays like a Tuesday.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
blackhawksfan wrote:
No ham or turkey?

My skills are limited. It's taken me a long time to master chicken cacciatore, and I had my mom's recipe and had her walk me through it. Would like to try roast beef, though. Or something Spiral makes.

The Man wrote:
tommy wrote:

The Jewels French bread is really underrated in my opinion. The are open on Christmas.

Good stuff, definitely. Looks like I'll be going there! I am not made of money, but I will tip the cashier and bagger on Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:14 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I'm sorry your poor, or how you learned to quit worrying and save a year's worth of salary by treating holidays like a Tuesday.

I'm sorry you don't get to have any of my delicious roast chicken.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Thread isn’t official until there are oyster shucking pictures.

I just picked up my oysters. I wanted to patronize a mom-and-pop to try to help during the pandemic so I drove over to Wellfleet/The Fish Guy on Elston Avenue. When I got there I saw there was a line down the block. This asshole was only letting one person in the shop at a time. Yeah buddy, I'm really gonna stand on the sidewalk for twenty minutes in 15 degree weather for the privilege of buying your overpriced shellfish. Go fuck yourself. I hope you go out of business.

JORR's updated COVID business shitlist:

1) The Pony Shop
2) Moody's Pub
3) The Fish Guy

I went to Seafood City where a nice Filipina lady bagged up my oysters and I had a pleasant conversation with a little Italian broad who was shopping for her Seven Fishes. I was in and out in ten minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol:

Why is Moody's on your shitlist? Is it the rats? I like their beer garden in the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:

Why is Moody's on your shitlist? Is it the rats? I like their beer garden in the summer.

It's kind of funny that Moody's seems to have a winter clientele and a summer clientele. I've always been a winter guy.

Anyway, my wife and I went there not long ago and they had it set up so you entered through one door and then exited through the beer garden. Okay, fine. It wasn't really cold out so the beer garden was pretty crowded. It was still chilly enough that I didn't want to sit outside so we got a booth just a couple steps from the door where we came in. We were paying the check and a party of 8 or 10 came out of the beer garden and through the restaurant and exited through the "entrance". I'm not a Karen, but I noticed. If I owned a place that's how I'd handle things- put in just enough protocols to satisfy the authorities and my twitchier customers but don't make a big deal about enforcing them. After I paid the check I started to head out the "entrance" where the large party left and which was literally two steps from my table when the old guy behind the bar- I assume the owner- started freaking out and scolding me. Well, I don't pay to be scolded by restauranteurs. Fuck that place. I hope he goes out of business too. :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It's kind of funny that Moody's seems to have a winter clientele and a summer clientele. I've always been a winter guy.

Anyway, my wife and I went there not long ago and they had it set up so you entered through one door and then exited through the beer garden. Okay, fine. It wasn't really cold out so the beer garden was pretty crowded. It was still chilly enough that I didn't want to sit outside so we got a booth just a couple steps from the door where we came in. We were paying the check and a party of 8 or 10 came out of the beer garden and through the restaurant and exited through the "entrance". I'm not a Karen, but I noticed. If I owned a place that's how I'd handle things- put in just enough protocols to satisfy the authorities and my twitchier customers but don't make a big deal about enforcing them. After I paid the check I started to head out the "entrance" where the large party left and which was literally two steps from my table when the old guy behind the bar- I assume the owner- started freaking out and scolding me. Well, I don't pay to be scolded by restauranteurs. Fuck that place. I hope he goes out of business too. :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are a special man, JORR. Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T
JORR's updated COVID business shitlist:

1) The Pony Shop
2) Moody's Pub
3) The Fish Guy

I went to Seafood City where a nice Filipina lady bagged up my oysters and I had a pleasant conversation with a little Italian broad who was shopping for her Seven Fishes. I was in and out in ten minutes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll keep these in mind.

Yes, Seafood City has some good Filipina pussy.

Did u get the digits of the hot Italiana?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:33 pm 

Bacon and eggs. Then a pizza later. It's been a really shitty week.

I have no special feeling for this holiday season. I'll be glad when it's ovah.

Bah humbug!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I'm usually at my Aunt's at this time on Christmas Eve. Not this year so I'm getting a pizza tonight. Going to my Mom's tomorrow for lunch and she's making some stuffed chicken breast thing. Then I am making ribs for dinner. My first time making ribs in the oven so any suggestions would be welcomed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Franky T wrote:
I'm usually at my Aunt's at this time on Christmas Eve. Not this year so I'm getting a pizza tonight. Going to my Mom's tomorrow for lunch and she's making some stuffed chicken breast thing. Then I am making ribs for dinner. My first time making ribs in the oven so any suggestions would be welcomed.

You can use the broiler at the end if you want to put some bark on them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
newper wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You can use the broiler at the end if you want to put some bark on them.

I've read about that. I've never used the broiler in my life but will tomorrow.

Last edited by Franky T on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Second year without home-made pierogi and my wife didn't even get any cannibal meat for sandwiches. I guess all the traditions are dying thanks to covid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: chicago pizza
Christmas isn’t until the 7th you heathens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:58 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I'm sorry you don't get to have any of my delicious roast chicken.

Merry Christmas.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:41 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Regular Reader wrote:
Bacon and eggs. Then a pizza later. It's been a really shitty week.

I have no special feeling for this holiday season. I'll be glad when it's ovah.

Bah humbug!

Christmas service is on NOW on wgn. At holy name cathedral.

Tune in now.

Best medicine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:17 am 
1000 CLUB

The cookies turned out great, and the beef stock seems fantastic. I just made some dough for the pancetta-leek tartlets I'm serving as an hors d'oeuvres. The onions are cooking down in the oven for the soup. I need to take them out soon and start caramelizing them. It's gonna be a long night.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:53 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The cookies turned out great, and the beef stock seems fantastic. I just made some dough for the pancetta-leek tartlets I'm serving as an hors d'oeuvres. The onions are cooking down in the oven for the soup. I need to take them out soon and start caramelizing them. It's gonna be a long night.

Solid Ween song.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

I deglazed like a motherfucker and the onion soup is dark, sweet, and earthy. It's going to be delicious once I assemble the croutons, cheese and broil the top. I'll put the beef roast in the oven shortly and then begin work on the pancetta-leek tartlets and the mushroom-leeek-gruyere potato gratin in earnest. Munching on some cookies now.