It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mother's Day Brunch
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Any favorites or suggestions? We used to be members of a country club that put out a nice spread, but gave that up.

Some places that used to offer an Easter or Mother's Day brunch, such as Hugo's, don't appear to be doing them this year.

Post subject: Re: Mother's Day Brunch
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Austin's in Libertyville had a good looking menu

We are getting dragged to some southern kitchen place in Downers Grove that has a "brunch" menu with nothing but godforsaken breakfast items. It looks like a Cracker Barrel menu with $10 bottomless mimosas. My wife has already promised to get me food when I know I leave there hungry on Sunday.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
sjboyd0137 wrote:

We are getting dragged to some southern kitchen place in Downers Grove that has a "brunch" menu with nothing but godforsaken breakfast items. It looks like a Cracker Barrel menu with $10 bottomless mimosas. My wife has already promised to get me food when I know I leave there hungry on Sunday.

you don't eat breakfast food????

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
shakes wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

you don't eat breakfast food????

I love eating breakfast out. Endless choices and bottomless coffee. Throw in a Bloody Mary and it’s a great start to a Sunday.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Hard to say because it's before/after covid. Parkers in DG was good but I think they changed what they are doing, same for Clubhouse. We did Hary Caray's for easter w/ limited menu but it was really nice. If you like the big buffets I think Drury Ln is open and that's nice for desserts and variety, Westin in itasca has a decent one but I don't know if they are running that. I had always wanted to try Shaw's but that's over for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Spaulding wrote:
Hard to say because it's before/after covid. Parkers in DG was good but I think they changed what they are doing, same for Clubhouse. We did Hary Caray's for easter w/ limited menu but it was really nice. If you like the big buffets I think Drury Ln is open and that's nice for desserts and variety, Westin in itasca has a decent one but I don't know if they are running that. I had always wanted to try Shaw's but that's over for the foreseeable future.

The problem is if you don’t already have reservations at any of the good places you are probably out of luck. Seems like most get booked weeks in advance.

Shaws is very good btw, but the price keeps creeping up so I’m not sure it’s worth the money any more (unless you’re a big raw oyster fan in which case you can eat enough to justify the cost).

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:19 am 

Drury Lane actually has had a baller Mom's Day spread, but i don't know about the COVID changes.