It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I have to take my kid to a dance competition in this complete shithole of a city. Any restaurants that are worth checking out?

Post subject: Re: Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 pm 

McDonalds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Ba da buh buh buh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I have to take my kid to a dance competition in this complete shithole of a city. Any restaurants that are worth checking out?

Check out the West Side Market. Not a restaurant, but a number of fresh food options, and a number of places that do takeout.

http://westsidemarket.org/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:40 am 

Seacrest wrote:

Check out the West Side Market. Not a restaurant, but a number of fresh food options, and a number of places that do takeout.

http://westsidemarket.org/

Ohio City neighborhood that is adjacent to West Side market is a cool area. Several good choices there. I believe that Great Lakes brewery is within a block or two of the market as well and has good grub.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table

If you're downtown, 4th Street is the "hot spot". The Butcher & Brewer is very good with an assortment of upscale bar food along with pretty good steaks and a nice beer selection. Just around the corner is a great Taco & Tequila joint called Barrio. Both are casual and reasonably cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:53 am 

Isn't there a line about douchebags on 4th street in that Come To Cleveland parody video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

My bad, it was 6th street

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's

https://mblittleitaly.com/menu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
In a nutshell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
try a Cleveland steamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The always helpful cfmb board members :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so in mid-december 2001 me and a friend popped into my old 97 honda civic EX (35-40mpg on the highway. Easy) and with gas being entirely reasonable back then we made it up and back to ithaca NY for under $100 or something crazy.

So on the way there after getting a ticket ~45mins into ohio a few hrs later we're entering cleveland proper and decide to grab a couple'a brewskis each to enjoy the scenic drive. We end up getting off in downtown cleveland and drove around for 10-15mins and could find literally nowhere that sold alcohol. Even bus drivers + locals didnt know anywhete nearby, which is weird cuz even 7-11s sell liquor + beer in downtown chi. Undeterred, we get back on the highway and resolve to find a street name that sounds like it has a liquor store on it...

...and then arguably the greatest possible street name for this showed up soon; martin luther king jr drive. So we get off at MLK and immediately traffic is all backed up and weird like ppl are going one car ahead of us in our lane for some reason, and this while we were driving up a pretty sizeable hill in a spiral. When we get up to the car in queation we see a late 80s triangular looking honda prelude with a guy on top of the car kicking and screaming as he had one arm stuck in the moonroof, which had been closed enough to keep him stuck atop the car.

We get around em and get up.the hill and finally get to MLK Dr proper, in what looked like a nice quiet neighborhood not too different from what you'd see in chicago's austin and/or lawndale neighborhoods, just way quieter cleaner and noticeably bereft of ppl hanging out / "working" / walkimg around / etc. It was oh so quiet, bjork fans.

UNTIL.... we get on that proper.arterial MLK Jr drive and see a gas station at an intersection where theres like 10-15 people standing around something under the roof/overhang between the pumps. Closer inspection showed that it was a giant grill or maybe even a campfire with everyone encircling this big round source of fire... in beyween the gas pumps. That was a new one

.sho'nuff (the shogun of harlem) there waa a nice lil corner/liquor store, well, on the corner... we get in there and they have 22oz glass bottles of steel reserve 211 for like $1.29 each. Indeed, none of the traditional "metal ass" taste you get out of cans... and dirt cheap. We each get 2 ror like $5 total and continued on to have a nice trip where once the pussy i was working on was player hated away from me i decided to up and leave ithaca in the middle of the night JUST so we could be back in radio range for 780/720/bears radio by the time the game kicked off... and i wanna say that game ended up.being the first mike beown OT game if 2001?

Good times. More than a sitcom.