It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Busch Light sucks.

But what do I know...my cheap beer of choice is either High Life or PBR...whichever 30 pack is on sale this time.

I like Busch Light and High Life. Busch Light is available everywhere out here on tap and like was said above it is always $2, which is great for knocking a few back at the tavern with some friends on a Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Agree. Those milkshake beers, blech.

Busch Light is also fine when its ice cold and being consumed outside. I walked 9 holes earlier this year while having a six pack and it was glorious.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:02 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Busch Light is also fine when its ice cold and being consumed outside. I walked 9 holes earlier this year while having a six pack and it was glorious.

Busch Light is perfect "lawn-mowing" beer. It is made for chugging on a hot day, its not a sipping beer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
One of those beers that you pour over ice with a lid and straw while playing golf.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
GoldenJet wrote:
One of those beers that you pour over ice with a lid and straw while playing golf.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Busch light might be the beer most sold out here. Seems to be the go to macro beer I see people buying when I'm out an about. Im not sure I've ever had it. Maybe golfing but never over ice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Ok what I don't understand is this Naturday stuff or whatever it is. Back in my college days I could go over to the local gas station and get a case of Natty Ice for like 10 bucks. My stepson drinks this Naturday stuff which from what I can tell tastes like lemonade or something? WTF is that? When you are in college aren't you supposed to drink something that puts a little hair on your chest with some higher ABV? I feel like the youth of today should be given a box of straws with their Natty Lemonade.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:14 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Ok what I don't understand is this Naturday stuff or whatever it is. Back in my college days I could go over to the local gas station and get a case of Natty Ice for like 10 bucks. My stepson drinks this Naturday stuff which from what I can tell tastes like lemonade or something? WTF is that? When you are in college aren't you supposed to drink something that puts a little hair on your chest with some higher ABV? I feel like the youth of today should be given a box of straws with their Natty Lemonade.

It was a great pool beer!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
T-Bone wrote:

Natty Ice in the black cans.

The only choice for nights you preemptively wanted to forget.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
If anyone comes at me with Busch Light is a bad beer, we might have words... :lol:

Christmas beers - you really have to like spices to dig them. Fistmas is good - I tend to the IPA types like Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale too.

Celebration is the goods.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
The fruited sours that have 2% ABV and retail for $24 a four pack are incredibly popular and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:34 am 

T-Bone wrote:

So it’s a radler made with Natty? When I had to buy beer for events back at MSU natty was one no of the three forbidden beers along with regular keystone beer and I think Old Milwaukee. Anything else available out there was fine and volume was the goal over quality.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
I don't drink anymore but if I had to tap into my memory banks, Heineken and Sam Adams were pretty terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:31 am 

T-Bone wrote:

We are in the beginning of the end of the beer era. These kids are all drinking seltzer, even the boys. Beer will be an old man drink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:34 am 

I don't really comprehend the drinking to quench thirst.

I come from the Hank Williams Jr Family Tradition perspective. If I drink, I'm probably getting drunk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

We are in the beginning of the end of the beer era. These kids are all drinking seltzer, even the boys. Beer will be an old man drink

i was at U of I this past weekend visiting my son, and I was shocked at how popular Natural Light Seltzer was, that shit was EVERYWHERE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:47 am 

We will soon be entering the Seltzer Supremacy Era. Hipsters with facial hair meticulously coiffed to appear not meticulously coiffed will be creating craft seltzer and waxing poetic about the subtle differences of their product

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm not a fan of the seltzers, but as a (relatively) low cal sugar free drink I understand they have their place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:11 am 

It must be impossible for a Spanish person to order seltzer and not get salsa.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hard seltzers - and their better looking cousin, vodka-soda - are perfect for when you plan to drink a lot but don’t want to be hungover.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Darkside wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The only beer I haven't been able to stomach is a few of the limited edition christmas beers. I still haven't found one that is acceptable but I know I'll be tricked into trying again during the holidays

Revolutions Fistmas is pretty solid if you haven't tried that.

Still a Christmas beer though. I’ve had it, better than others but nothing I’d ever buy. Just not a genera flavor profile that I like. Kind of like pumpkin ales, hard pass. But whatever floats your boat and obvious many enjoy them. I’m more in the WZ school of thought of stouts that time of year.

Alpha Claus? I haven’t tried that but I plan on getting some this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:44 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
If anyone comes at me with Busch Light is a bad beer, we might have words... :lol:

Christmas beers - you really have to like spices to dig them. Fistmas is good - I tend to the IPA types like Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale too.

Love Celebration Ale.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:45 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

I love the spices of Christmas. It just doesn't work with beer. I'd much rather have those spices in a hot cider with Jack Daniels cinnamon.

Then again, some people also like milkshake stouts.

Or milkshake IPAs. :puker:

Agree with that. They are horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

You are apparently too young to have lived through the Bartles and James Wine Cooler (and it’s knock-offs) era followed by the seltzer predecessor Zima (and its knock-offs).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think what you’re saying is any cheap beer is acceptable if it’s cold enough and your outdoors. That’s probably true.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:12 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

You are apparently too young to have lived through the Bartles and James Wine Cooler (and it’s knock-offs) era followed by the seltzer predecessor Zima (and its knock-offs).

Bartles and James! Now that’s a blast from the past!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:12 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Where does Mike’s Hard lemonade fit into this continuum. Somewhere in the win cooler era there was the Tennessee tea moment as well. mid 90s perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:32 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

just a touch before my time but I remember the commercials

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Where does Mike’s Hard lemonade fit into this continuum.

In a garbage can

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next