It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Jaw Breaker wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I think five guys is the best fast food burger you can find.

Five Guys is good, but for quality, cost, and convenience, Culver's is hard to beat.

Agreed, pound for pound Culvers might be the best massive fast food chain out there regardless of genre.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Aren't you trying to lose weight, chubby?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Caller Bob wrote:
Aren't you trying to lose weight, chubby?

no one got fat talking about burgers. In fact, burgers excite me so much that sitting here typing about them is causing me to sweat so I think I'm actually losing weight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Five Guys is a horrible shell of what it was before private equity ruined them. I had been to one of the original half dozen
or so locations in Virginia maybe 20 year ago and it was astoundingly good, the quality of Hackney's at its 1970's prime, far better than even Paradise Pup today. I'm allergic to peanuts though, so I can't eat their fries either.

The meat in an excellent burger isn't the issue with weight. It's the sodium in the burger and the cheese and the sugar and sodium in the bun. Not to mention the fries. I just hate cooking burgers at home, if I have ground beef I'm making a chili or a ragu or something else with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Spaulding wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
35-pack of Coke at Costco: $15.25 in early November, 17.25 this afternoon. Fucking insane, after tax $0.50/can.

Well I ain't paying no 50 cents for no coke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2HL1zg6Gk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Five Guys is a horrible shell of what it was before private equity ruined them. I had been to one of the original half dozen
or so locations in Virginia maybe 20 year ago and it was astoundingly good, the quality of Hackney's at its 1970's prime, far better than even Paradise Pup today. I'm allergic to peanuts though, so I can't eat their fries either.

The meat in an excellent burger isn't the issue with weight. It's the sodium in the burger and the cheese and the sugar and sodium in the bun. Not to mention the fries. I just hate cooking burgers at home, if I have ground beef I'm making a chili or a ragu or something else with it.

That is true, expansion ruined it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's

Completely agree with you on quality with sodium and sugar. I don't doubt Five Guys is a shell of the original localized locations, but I never had it. Portillo's is a great example of a long downhill slide after corporate buyout.

Still.. Five Guys is pretty good. Culvers has probably done the best job of retaining quality while growing everywhere. Comparable in burger quality, but much better priced.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I picked up a Quarter-pounder combo yesterday (out in the boonies of Kansas) and it was over $8. It has been awhile since I’d had that product mix but I was stunned by how much it cost.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:25 am 

i think BK is doing the best job with meal deals right now. original chicken sandwich is still a favorite of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
W_Z wrote:
i think BK is doing the best job with meal deals right now. original chicken sandwich is still a favorite of mine.

To me BK has two problems. One, is there simply are not enough near me. They must have shut many spots. Second, from restaurant to restaurant it is too wide a quality gap. I can really be at one place and think a whopper is tremendous while another is like yuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
pittmike wrote:
W_Z wrote:

To me BK has two problems. One, is there simply are not enough near me. They must have shut many spots. Second, from restaurant to restaurant it is too wide a quality gap. I can really be at one place and think a whopper is tremendous while another is like yuck.

That's always been their main problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
if you can find one, BK's out in a small-town in the hinterlands, not one right off an interstate exit, but in an under 10K population small-town that mostly serves locals => best BK burgers you can find. The Wicker Park BK that I think might now be a parking lot for Walgreen's used to have a really good morningstar farms veggie burger.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:46 am 

There is way to much slander of the fresh cut fry in a few post above for my liking.