It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:06 pm 

"McDonald’s Big Mac Is Outpacing Cost of Living, Price up 40%"
Quote:
The price of a McDonald’s Big Mac burger has risen 40% over the last 10 years, CNBC reported, and because its price incorporates many economic factors, many believe this popular fast food item is one way to understand current inflation rates and purchasing power of the U.S. dollar.

CNBC reported that the burger costs an average of $6.05 in the U.S., a 40% increase over the last 10 years. Between Dec. 2020 and Dec. 2021, the annual inflation rate accelerated to 7%. During the same year, the price of a Big Mac also jumped at the same rate. If you’re purchasing a Big Mac meal with fries and a drink, you could end up paying $8 to $10 depending on where you live, CNBC said.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/inflation-a ... 11194.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
polster wrote:
Quote:
The price of a McDonald’s Big Mac burger has risen 40% over the last 10 years, CNBC reported, and because its price incorporates many economic factors, many believe this popular fast food item is one way to understand current inflation rates and purchasing power of the U.S. dollar.

CNBC reported that the burger costs an average of $6.05 in the U.S., a 40% increase over the last 10 years. Between Dec. 2020 and Dec. 2021, the annual inflation rate accelerated to 7%. During the same year, the price of a Big Mac also jumped at the same rate. If you’re purchasing a Big Mac meal with fries and a drink, you could end up paying $8 to $10 depending on where you live, CNBC said.

Where - outside of an airport - is a Big Mac over $6? It’s $4.59 in the SW burbs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Who buys Big Macs when it’s much more economical to buy in bulk and portion out your meals.

I can make you 10 cheeseburgers with semen sauce for the cost of 2 Big Macs. That’s value.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
Quote:

Where - outside of an airport - is a Big Mac over $6? It’s $4.59 in the SW burbs.

A lot of the time they're 2 for $6. Fast food is going with the old Kohl's model where you're expected have some kind of discount and never buy full price.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. If you have the app it's a $3 burger for the Mac or a quarter pounder. Buy one get one free every day on the app. Put one in the fridge if you don't feel like eating two.

Same with the Whopper at Burger King. They always have buy one get one free.

I personally think all of these burgers are better then a Portillos burger. And for half the price. The whopper is the perfect burger.

Portillos is extremely overrated. But I'm in the minority with this opinion.

The winter is great for McDonalds buy one get one free. I'll have one for lunch. Leave the other one in the car cuz it's a natural fridge in our fucking winters. Then microwave the second one for dinner when I get home. Boom. Two meals for 6 bucks. I don't need sides. The two burgers are enough for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:27 pm 

Beardown wrote:
The whopper is the perfect burger.

My favorite of all the fast food burgers is Culver's... Although its not cheap I think they use fresh beef (not frozen) and fresh vegetables cut in store everyday. The quality of the beef is what I think makes it above the other fast food joints!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Used to eat quite a bit of fast food burgers and chicken but the older I get the less appealing it seems. I'll only get it if there are no other options. I'd rather find a sub sandwich if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:01 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Yeah. If you have the app it's a $3 burger for the Mac or a quarter pounder. Buy one get one free every day on the app. Put one in the fridge if you don't feel like eating two.

I personally think all of these burgers are better then a Portillos burger. And for half the price. The whopper is the perfect burger.

The winter is great for McDonalds buy one get one free. I'll have one for lunch. Leave the other one in the car cuz it's a natural fridge in our fucking winters. Then microwave the second one for dinner when I get home. Boom. Two meals for 6 bucks. I don't need sides. The two burgers are enough for me.

There is not a chance in hell I am putting a fast food burger in the fridge, reheating and eating it. That makes me gag just thinking of it. Especially one like a Big Mac that has all of the toppings on it, I can't fathom how soggy and nasty that damn thing must be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
big macs are still the shit tho. i love those motherfuckers... thank god i've risen 40% over the last 10yrs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
It seems like Burger King is a bit cheaper than McDonald's and Wendy's now. Personally I think The Whopper and The Portillos burger are the best, but Portillos is way overpriced now. The Big Mac is nice every once in a while but the McDonald's lunch menu sucks in general.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I can make you 10 cheeseburgers with semen sauce for the cost of 2 Big Macs. That’s value.

Didn't realize Spiral opened a restaurant or that you're his short order cook.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It’s because Brick wanted to feed, clothe and shelter the McD’s workers. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Kind of creepy seeing a Sini post just earlier this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
35-pack of Coke at Costco: $15.25 in early November, 17.25 this afternoon. Fucking insane, after tax $0.50/can.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:17 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
It seems like Burger King is a bit cheaper than McDonald's and Wendy's now. .

Not really. After the Southwest Airlines meltdown on Monday, ai picked up a double Whopper meal at the BK in Countryside to take to my hotel as I hadn't had dinner. $13. Fuck. Fortunately I saved the receipt and Southwest claims they will reimburse "reasonable expenses."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:22 pm 

Had Burger King for the first time in months. Burger was fine but maybe I’d forgotten how greasy the onion rings are. Looking at the prices, I can see how often they close down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
35-pack of Coke at Costco: $15.25 in early November, 17.25 this afternoon. Fucking insane, after tax $0.50/can.

Well I ain't paying no 50 cents for no coke.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:32 pm 

Probably haven’t had a Big Mac in over forty years. Blech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Spaulding wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Well I ain't paying no 50 cents for no coke.
:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The board's rampant unhealthy eating and pop guzzling speaks volumes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:58 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

I didn't say I bought the Coke 35-pack, I just noted the price increase.

I hope you are enjoying your grilled chicken breast.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
vitoscotti wrote:

Pass me the syrup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Mitch Rosen wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

You're audience always changes every 20 months or so...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
polster wrote:
Beardown wrote:
The whopper is the perfect burger.

My favorite of all the fast food burgers is Culver's... Although its not cheap I think they use fresh beef (not frozen) and fresh vegetables cut in store everyday. The quality of the beef is what I think makes it above the other fast food joints!

Culver's is up there. I also love me a Camp's once in a bit. Wendys is still king of the fast food burgers, next in line is the Castle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
blackhawksfan wrote:
It seems like Burger King is a bit cheaper than McDonald's and Wendy's now. Personally I think The Whopper and The Portillos burger are the best, but Portillos is way overpriced now. The Big Mac is nice every once in a while but the McDonald's lunch menu sucks in general.

I think the Wendys classic double is about as good a fast food burger as there is. Whopper is fine. I still dont understand who the fuck goes to Portillos but every one I have ever driven by is packed. They do everything ok but nothing really good and they are overpriced with a long wait.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:16 pm 

Nardi wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Pass me the syrup

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Man wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I think the Wendys classic double is about as good a fast food burger as there is. Whopper is fine. I still dont understand who the fuck goes to Portillos but every one I have ever driven by is packed. They do everything ok but nothing really good and they are overpriced with a long wait.

I think five guys is the best fast food burger you can find.

Portillos has sucked for several years now. Ever since they sold to PE, their quality has been on a steady decline.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino

Five Guys is good, but for quality, cost, and convenience, Culver's is hard to beat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hawg Ass wrote:
Beardown wrote:

There is not a chance in hell I am putting a fast food burger in the fridge, reheating and eating it. That makes me gag just thinking of it. Especially one like a Big Mac that has all of the toppings on it, I can't fathom how soggy and nasty that damn thing must be.

Years ago I was at a concert at the Metro. Standing in teh balcony area. There was a guy there solo who was standing by us the whole night. About 2 hours into the concert he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a McDonalds cheeseburger and eats it. I was thoroughly disgusted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Man wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Portillos has sucked for several years now. Ever since they sold to PE, their quality has been on a steady decline.

Agree on Portillos. Their burgers are dried out hockey pucks. Literally the last thing I would order there.

Best thing about 5 Guys is it acts like a diet burger for me because their fries are so terrible I don't get them.